T Nation

Jouko Ahola Deadlifting

Former WSM… check out the blood pissing out of his nose after the second rep! Insane!

That was awesome…but the comments on Youtube always make me angry…not just if it is a weightlifting video but anything were someone shows some admireable achievement there will be people writing bullshit, makes me sick!

sorry for the rant, cool video

eisenbeisser

kane115 (2 hours ago):
“He must be on Creatine.”

He stiff legged the fuck out of that thing.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
kane115 (2 hours ago):
“He must be on Creatine.” [/quote]

Sorry to hijack your thread, but this clip is awesome, too, IMHO. Wish I could get that pumped for a lift.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
He stiff legged the fuck out of that thing.

evansmi wrote:
kane115 (2 hours ago):
“He must be on Creatine.”

[/quote]

He dieseled his weasel on the last rep!

I love the way Magnusson pushes the bar with his foot before every lift and takes a wiff of whatever it is hes holding.

[quote]youngoldguy wrote:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but this clip is awesome, too, IMHO. Wish I could get that pumped for a lift.

Awesome…that’s what I do before I do squat rack curls with nickels. HA!!

Fuck yeah ! One of the coolest videos I have ever seen.

His back is rounded as hell yet all that came from this is a insanley big strong guy

so rounding your back is ok?

rounding lower back = bad
rounding upper back = fine, it shortens the stroke distance. Dave Tate reccomends this style of dl. I’ve never done it that way, but then again I can’t break 300lbs.

Perfect technique during a competitive lift is whatever gets the weight up.

I think Cressey recently wrote that you can’t pay attention to dead lift technique in competition because the lifter will do whatever it takes just to complete the lift.

[quote]the neck wrote:
Perfect technique during a competitive lift is whatever gets the weight up.

I think Cressey recently wrote that you can’t pay attention to dead lift technique in competition because the lifter will do whatever it takes just to complete the lift.[/quote]

Absolutely. If you’re able to think enough about whether your lwer back is still arched when your pulling max weights then you’re not trying very hard.

Hey does anyone know Jouko’s current relationship with WSM, as in what role does he play? When you see him on on WSM replays over the last few years, he has just done assistance work/loading/steadying the atlas stones/pushing the cart behind the athletes on the Fingal’s/etc.

I am by no means knocking his job (I’d love to do it), but then again, i was never the world’s strongest man. I thought he was have a different position within the organization that was less…‘hands on’
-k

[quote]kane101nod wrote:
Hey does anyone know Jouko’s current relationship with WSM, as in what role does he play? When you see him on on WSM replays over the last few years, he has just done assistance work/loading/steadying the atlas stones/pushing the cart behind the athletes on the Fingal’s/etc.

I am by no means knocking his job (I’d love to do it), but then again, i was never the world’s strongest man. I thought he was have a different position within the organization that was less…‘hands on’[/quote]

i believe he builds the imlements …he has somehting to do with the implements, check www.theworldsstrongestman.com

[quote]kane101nod wrote:

I am by no means knocking his job (I’d love to do it), but then again, i was never the world’s strongest man. I thought he was have a different position within the organization that was less…‘hands on’
-k[/quote]

he retired after his 2nd title in 1999 and started acting

[quote]kane101nod wrote:

-k[/quote]

from wsm site (http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/wsm/faq.html)
WHO MAKES/DESIGNS EQUIPMENT FOR WSM?
Currently, former World’s Strongest Man Jouko Ahola is the Equipment Designer and Manager for the WSM Events.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=1862#1862

scroll down here they have shot of his back…http://72.3.230.109/ironmind/newsarchive.php?month=1&year=2006&submit=More+News