Jouko Ahola Deadlift Video

the end of the video I was like oh,my god
wasnt sure where to post this but had to share.

hes one strong motherfucker.

The guy has the genetics. Check out this photo of his grandfather (hopefully, the horse in the pic was a mare):
http://www.dlc.fi/~gold-cam/ukki.html

He has huge traps and a thick back. Wow. Something like the pre-Mariusz

Anyone know the reason (actual reason) why he started bleeding from his nose?

I love the nose bleed

That nosebleed was intense. I think I’m more surprised that he kept going after he licked it.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Anyone know the reason (actual reason) why he started bleeding from his nose?[/quote]

I’d really like to know too.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Anyone know the reason (actual reason) why he started bleeding from his nose?[/quote]

I think some people can get nose bleeds very easily, probably from not breathing while moving very heavy weight means lots of pressure which could cause nose bleed. This is purely a guess though.

Yup. It is definitely the pressure created by squeezing your abs and holding your breathe combined with an insane amount of weight. It’s fairly common with PLers.

I think blood freckles and blown retinal capillaries look cooler though.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Yup. It is definitely the pressure created by squeezing your abs and holding your breathe combined with an insane amount of weight. It’s fairly common with PLers.

I think blood freckles and blown retinal capillaries look cooler though.[/quote]

I dunno, i imagine it would be harder to see “live”.

However lifting such a huge weight with an incoming nose bleed definitely makes you look hardcore. Badass.

If a girl witnessing that doesnt make her want to sleep with you, then God have mercy on your soul, haha.

He would often get those nosebleeds in competition too. I remember one time he said they would come easier after a cold, so that might have something to do with it.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

I think blood freckles and blown retinal capillaries look cooler though.[/quote]

I get blood freckles all the time, they arent cool. I would rather bleed from my nose. All though thats only cool when people understand that you were lifting so hard your nose started bleeding.

Anyway, I always thought nose bleeds etc were caused by high blood pressure from steroids…

I have gotten a slight trickle of blood from my nose while deadlifting before. Ever since than it bleeds a lot easier.

Its from your blood pressure rising from holding your breath and straining really hard.

ive gotten a couple nose bleeds but really i get the blood freckles all around my neck and spots all around my eyes. it looked bad after my last meet. like 2 black eyes

and attempt to stangle me to death

The nose bleed is from the increased blood pressure created during a lift, holding your breath, straining, contracting…