Joss Whedon´s Dollhouse

Joss Whedon, the maker of “Firefly” has created a new Sci-Fi show for Fox, starring Eliza Dushku who is probably the hottest TV actress ever.

Since Fox suits will kill this show, either because “the spaceships are not shiny enough” or for some other BS reason they will come up with, see it now.

Biggest disappointment of my life. I honestly don’t know what to say, except that it was pure shit.

I’m one of the biggest Whedon fans out there. I do not understand how Joss, Tim Minear, Steve Deknight and company could create such horrible television. The writing was shit. The acting was shit. The camerawork was shit.

If I didn’t know it was a Joss show, I never would have fathomed it in the proverbial million years.

Honestly, it had no redeeming qualities. Not one. Everything was done horribly, horribly wrong.

Even Fox couldn’t have fucked it up this much.

I loved Firefly. I hope this show stays around for awhile…

As hot as the “doosh” is, I only made it twenty minutes.

I have to agree with Thrasher and Vicomte. I thought it sucked. Dushku’s hotness can’t save this show.

I may give it one more shot next week, but if it’s anything like last night’s premiere, then I’m done with it.

I’m really scared for the future of The Sarah Connor Chronicles now that Fox moved it to Friday.

not shiny.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I have to agree with Thrasher and Vicomte. I thought it sucked. Dushku’s hotness can’t save this show.

I may give it one more shot next week, but if it’s anything like last night’s premiere, then I’m done with it.

I’m really scared for the future of The Sarah Connor Chronicles now that Fox moved it to Friday.[/quote]

x4 it sucked, Sarach Connor Chronicles IMO keeps getting better.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I’m really scared for the future of The Sarah Connor Chronicles now that Fox moved it to Friday.[/quote]

Me too, I’d like to see more action, violence, explosions etc. and more of the terminators. I’m beginning to think they could have done more with the series if it was on HBO or something.

I wouldn’t complain if BAG’s entertainment center made an appearance or two! ;]

I agree with all of the above. This is is terrible. I would mentally masturbate to Joss’ writing and creativity on Buffy, both the show and the comics.

It’s like Whedon decided, “Hey, you know what would be kinda gitchy and fun? What if we made a show that was exactly as bad as all of the other stuff was good? The polar opposite of whatever credibility my reputation would lend to a show on Fox. Then we’ll cast a hot Buffy alum to draw old nostalgic fans in. Then we will rape their brains with suck. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?”

I hope Giles comes in and opens a hellmouth to swallow dollhouse.

[quote]John Roman wrote:

I hope Giles comes in and opens a hellmouth to swallow dollhouse.[/quote]

That would be great.

And I have sooooo been looking forward to something new by Whedon!

He should just make another Firefly movie.

Havent seen this yet, but loved Angel and Dr. Horrible, also really like the episode of The Office that Joss directed.

I heard there had been issues getting this series going, it got postponed a couple of times for some unnamed issues in production, that might have been a reason for the proposed suckittude that im hearing about.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Havent seen this yet, but loved Angel and Dr. Horrible, also really like the episode of The Office that Joss directed.

I heard there had been issues getting this series going, it got postponed a couple of times for some unnamed issues in production, that might have been a reason for the proposed suckittude that im hearing about.[/quote]

I think Wolfram and Hart is behind it.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

I heard there had been issues getting this series going, it got postponed a couple of times for some unnamed issues in production, that might have been a reason for the proposed suckittude that im hearing about.

I think Wolfram and Hart is behind it.[/quote]

I think I jizzed in my pants when you said that.

I honest to god will watch just about anything that anybody from Angel turns up in, its why I started watching Leverage on TNT, and its pretty damn good.

It’s got Christian Kane (Lindsay) from Angel as a freaking bad ass, dudes not small either.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

I honest to god will watch just about anything that anybody from Angel turns up in, its why I started watching Leverage on TNT, and its pretty damn good.

It’s got Christian Kane (Lindsay) from Angel as a freaking bad ass, dudes not small either.[/quote]

Do you watch Lost?

When Gavin Park and Holland Manners are both stranded on the same mysterious island, I begin to wonder.

I think WnH is in on that too.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

I’m really scared for the future of The Sarah Connor Chronicles now that Fox moved it to Friday.

x4 it sucked, Sarach Connor Chronicles IMO keeps getting better.[/quote]

x5 majorly sucked… I was all psyched to see it, cause Dushku is cute n all, but not HOT. After 30min of watching it was getting boring and switched the channel.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

It’s got Christian Kane (Lindsay) from Angel as a freaking bad ass, dudes not small either.

Do you watch Lost?

When Gavin Park and Holland Manners are both stranded on the same mysterious island, I begin to wonder.

I think WnH is in on that too.[/quote]

Sweet Lord, I do watch LOST, and somehow I never made that connection, I guess my mind was protecting me from a level of awesomness that might actually be dangerous.

Holland showed up as the bad guy on an episode of Leverage too, it was nice to see him as a proper villain again.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

Do you watch Lost?

I think WnH is in on that too.

Sweet Lord, I do watch LOST, and somehow I never made that connection, I guess my mind was protecting me from a level of awesomness that might actually be dangerous.

Holland showed up as the bad guy on an episode of Leverage too, it was nice to see him as a proper villain again.
[/quote]

It pains me to see him as a castrated old man with bitch tits.

Daniel Dae Kim amazes me as an actor. He’s also jacked, and has the facial features of a Hun warrior.

But seriously, every week I expect Charles Widmore to finally be revealed as a Senior Partner. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

Did you see Amy Acker on Dollhouse? She seemed like a shitty version of Fred, just like Echo (flashback Echo) seemed like a shitty version of Faith. Joss is becoming a hack, it seems.

Vic, have you seen Dr.Horrible ?

Classic Whedon wit.

Also, have you got a chance to take a look at any of the comics that take place after the last episode of Angel ? I’ve never really gotten into comics, but this might push me over that ledge.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Vic, have you seen Dr.Horrible ?

Classic Whedon wit.

Also, have you got a chance to take a look at any of the comics that take place after the last episode of Angel ? I’ve never really gotten into comics, but this might push me over that ledge.[/quote]

I skipped Horrible because I heard there was singing.

Dude, the Angel comics are amazing. I’ve been saving up a stack because I get so into it I like to read five at a time without waiting for the next installment. The writing, art, everything is amazing, and this is coming from a guy that hates comics. The Buffy comics are shit, but the Angel comics are gold. It’s just like the show, except on paper.

Only thing is that the ending of the show was so perfect, it kinda sucks to ruin it by knowing what happens next.

Now I need to break out my DVDs. That last scene is so fucking epic.

'I kinda want to slay the dragon.

Let’s go to work.’

God, now I feel like deadlifting. Too bad Sunday is an off day.