T Nation

Josh Hamilton

Is there any doubt that he is the most popular person in NY right now?

That was amazing. I love this game.

That was something, even though I’m not personally a big fan of the HR Derby.

Hamilton’s story is great, though, so he deserves to have the spotlight on him. Fucking David Ortiz trying to get some shine by walking across the field during Hamilton’s AB was classless, IMO.

Unbelievable! What a thrill too for his old coach who pitched to him…a great story for both of them!

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
That was something, even though I’m not personally a big fan of the HR Derby.

Hamilton’s story is great, though, so he deserves to have the spotlight on him. Fucking David Ortiz trying to get some shine by walking across the field during Hamilton’s AB was classless, IMO.[/quote]

Eh I didnt mind ortiz. All the players are out there having fun and thats nice to see. They look like any common guy tonight how they’re all laughing and joking and just having fun.

Now I didnt have time to elaborate but here it is for those who didnt see it.

Josh Hamilton, center fielder for the Texas Rangers, just put on a CLENIC!!! hitting 28 HR in the first round setting the all time record for the 1st round. Wow, I was late to work b/c I didnt want to miss any of it.

I dont mind Ortiz either its just the HR derby they are all just having a good time.

I hope I can still throw 50+ pitches when Im 71

that was great, even if he was gassed for that final round. I love the home run derby

I’m glad for the guy as well. He’s been through a lot of bullshit, and look where he’s at now.

I dont know what his contract looks like right now, how much or how many years, but I thin Texas is going to have a hard time holding on to him after this year. The big teams are going to be beating down his door, I wouldnt be surprised to see Texas trade him…b/c thats what they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACpEO8BxNw

If this dosent make you say WOW then not much will

There were a couple that I thought were going clear out of the park. An absolutely ridiculous display of power!

I gotta say I haven’t played baseball in a few years but that performance makes me want to grab my bat and head to the cages. I can’t say that I’ve seen another baseball performance ever that inspires that in me.

Absolutely one of the most amazing BP shows I’ve ever seen. I saw him hit BP against the Nats here in DC a few weeks ago (also amazing), and predicted his derby show, but I had no idea it would be that good.

What an awsome story that was, it kind of makes me want to like baseball again. I used to love it, now not so much.

What really makes the story even better, is that Hamilton invited 71-year-old Clay Counsil, a high school coach in Raleigh, N.C., who used to throw him batting practice years ago. He wanted to show Counsil some appreciation for all he’s done for local kids.

There’s hope, that’s a 71-year-old throwing bp at Yankee Stadium.

At the risk of being flamed at, I wonder about the irony of a heroin user being hailed a hero. Yet all steroid abuhas being booed for cheating.

Heroin > Testosterone, why?

Conclusion: America should be smoking more Crack because of its wonderful sliming effects. Don’t believe me, ask yourself when was the last time you saw a fat crack whore?

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:

At the risk of being flamed at, I wonder about the irony of a heroin user being hailed a hero. Yet all steroid abuhas being booed for cheating.

[/quote]

Because recreational drug use is seen as a performance handicap, not an enhancer. People like seeing the handicapped overcome their ailments and do something extraordinary.

Plus, hating steroids is just in style these days. Something else will come around eventually that will draw away some of the attention.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
What an awsome story that was, it kind of makes me want to like baseball again. I used to love it, now not so much.

What really makes the story even better, is that Hamilton invited 71-year-old Clay Counsil, a high school coach in Raleigh, N.C., who used to throw him batting practice years ago. He wanted to show Counsil some appreciation for all he’s done for local kids.

There’s hope, that’s a 71-year-old throwing bp at Yankee Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_DmJ4F3BA

Conclusion: America should be smoking more Crack because of its wonderful sliming effects. Don’t believe me, ask yourself when was the last time you saw a fat crack whore?
[/quote]

People like a story of someone who overcomes adversity and achieves a better life. Steroids and other performance enhancing drugs generally give athletes an advantage, not put their career in the toilet.

But using heroin isn’t going to do anything but hurt your career. Hamilton was able to quit and now he’s making a name for himself. That’s a good story. A guy who was already good, used steroids/HGH, got better, is a prick, broke one of the most hallowed records in sports, and denies using steroids when everyone with half a brain knows he did, is not such a great story.

He hit something like 2.31 miles of HRs in the first round that is crazy

That was Amazing.
Not many people over here (Australia) like baseball but i love it. Hitting that many home runs in the first round was just crazy.
I feel a bit sorry for him that he didnt win but he didnt really need to,they all love him now and know who he is so im sure he will make a pretty penny out of all this.

The best part was when he hit a home run into the black empty area over the centre field fence and those 2 fans tried to get the ball and the cops were chasing them.one fan took off down the stairs with 2 cops chasing him while the other fan was getting grabbed by the throat by the other cop…great stuff.

I noticed this too. People will say that Ortiz was just being friendly and having a good time but nobody else interrupted the Hamilton show. Can’t STAND Ortiz for that reason. Thinks he’s bigger than the game.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Fucking David Ortiz trying to get some shine by walking across the field during Hamilton’s AB was classless, IMO.

I noticed this too. People will say that Ortiz was just being friendly and having a good time but nobody else interrupted the Hamilton show. Can’t STAND Ortiz for that reason. Thinks he’s bigger than the game.
[/quote]

Uh, what? Did you watch? Hamilton was constantly interrupted - kids giving him Gatorade, Bradley wiping his face, Volquez putting the briefcase on homeplate, etc.

The HR derby is about ENTERTAINMENT!