Josh Bryant vs Mike Tuscherer Training

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:
At your level I would say just get healthy and do basic strength building for a while, then think about spending big money on getting training of any sort.[/quote]

The disc injury happened in 2010. I’m mostly fine now, but when I don’t train intelligently it can flare up. I realize I am still pretty weak but Since I have the money to spend and I already train seriously 4-5 days a week, I would rather make the best possible use of my time.[/quote]

The point is that you’ll be spending a huge sum of money to make the kind of gains you will probably make anyway. At your weight and strength levels, there’s no way you’re anywhere near a real plateau. I would think you still have a lot of beginner’s gains to make. That in mind, it’s silly to spend so much money on training.[/quote]

Fuck that, self taught people get nowhere, just go in the training logs section and see for yourself. Hiring a coach is the best thing this guy can do ever.[/quote]

You’re an idiot. Plenty of self-taught people if not at all hold most of the current world records in powerlifting. This new “hire an online coach thing” has really only come about in the last year or two.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:
At your level I would say just get healthy and do basic strength building for a while, then think about spending big money on getting training of any sort.[/quote]

The disc injury happened in 2010. I’m mostly fine now, but when I don’t train intelligently it can flare up. I realize I am still pretty weak but Since I have the money to spend and I already train seriously 4-5 days a week, I would rather make the best possible use of my time.[/quote]

The point is that you’ll be spending a huge sum of money to make the kind of gains you will probably make anyway. At your weight and strength levels, there’s no way you’re anywhere near a real plateau. I would think you still have a lot of beginner’s gains to make. That in mind, it’s silly to spend so much money on training.[/quote]

Fuck that, self taught people get nowhere, just go in the training logs section and see for yourself. Hiring a coach is the best thing this guy can do ever.[/quote]

You mean self-taught people like Bigben, Ebomb, et al? You might want to get out of the Indigo Logs, bud.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

You’re an idiot. Plenty of self-taught people if not at all hold most of the current world records in powerlifting. This new “hire an online coach thing” has really only come about in the last year or two.[/quote]

He sounds like a guy who has probably spent a lot of money on an online trainer.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

You mean self-taught people like Bigben, Ebomb, et al? You might want to get out of the Indigo Logs, bud.[/quote]
LOL I take it he hasn’t seen my log either

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

You mean self-taught people like Bigben, Ebomb, et al? You might want to get out of the Indigo Logs, bud.[/quote]
LOL I take it he hasn’t seen my log either[/quote]

No shit. What are you, 18 or 19? My main thesis here: Why in the world would you pay hundreds of dollars for results you could get from asking some of the more experienced PLers on this site? Christ, if you are so dead set on pissing away money, you can consult a Meat or PeteS and then send me the money.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

No shit. What are you, 18 or 19? My main thesis here: Why in the world would you pay hundreds of dollars for results you could get from asking some of the more experienced PLers on this site? Christ, if you are so dead set on pissing away money, you can consult a Meat or PeteS and then send me the money.[/quote]
18 and lol

As mentioned already, you can make progress whether or not you pay a coach. But if you’re dead set on hiring a coach, why not look at how the training of both Tuchscherer’s and Bryant’s clients went and were set up and choose what appeals more to you?

[quote]AquaCruzer wrote:
As mentioned already, you can make progress whether or not you pay a coach. But if you’re dead set on hiring a coach, why not look at how the training of both Tuchscherer’s and Bryant’s clients went and were set up and choose what appeals more to you?[/quote]
God forbid that making sense

If you can afford it, hire a guy. If not don’t. Self taught is as good as the teacher.
I’ve worked with Josh and he’s great, I don’t know about Mike.

It’s stupid to say you can’t progress on your own without a coach. Besides, what does it actually mean to not have a coach? Researching training methods and seeing how they work for you isn’t that different from having a personal coach. There is a TON of information everywhere that you can use with your own training.

Granted, a good coach possibly will be able to point things out earlier on so you don’t spin your wheels, but that is highly individualistic and not inherently true. Blanket statements are the worst kind of statements.

You sound like someone who just wants to strength train, and are close to beginner status.
IMO you need someone who is hands on right now. Distance training is another kind of animal, and I think that it will do you more harm than good.

As for yor question, I would pick Josh, as he is more of a strength coach. Mike is a Powerlifter, and his training is more geared to his sport. There is a difference.

Just do 5,3,1, it should be all you need right now.

I had a good experience training with Josh Bryant and would definitely hire him again. I also have had good gains planning my own training based off of things I have read. It can be fun and productive to let someone else make the decisions for you for a while.

There is absolutely no reason for this to turn into an argument, this doesn’t need to be a polarizing issue.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
I had a good experience training with Josh Bryant and would definitely hire him again. I also have had good gains planning my own training based off of things I have read. It can be fun and productive to let someone else make the decisions for you for a while.

There is absolutely no reason for this to turn into an argument, this doesn’t need to be a polarizing issue.[/quote]

good post

Well put Vikings.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

You’re an idiot. Plenty of self-taught people if not at all hold most of the current world records in powerlifting. This new “hire an online coach thing” has really only come about in the last year or two.[/quote]

He sounds like a guy who has probably spent a lot of money on an online trainer.[/quote]

Says the guy with triple my online posts in half the time, oh and half the total

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

I like how it’s always the most retarded people in the room that call others idiots. I don’t give a fuck if it’s online or not, you need guidance if you want to be as good as you’re gonna be, and the earlier the better.

That comment about world record holders is just laughable on so many levels, but I’m guessing you realized it after posting.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

No shit. What are you, 18 or 19? My main thesis here: Why in the world would you pay hundreds of dollars for results you could get from asking some of the more experienced PLers on this site? Christ, if you are so dead set on pissing away money, you can consult a Meat or PeteS and then send me the money.[/quote]

Why are you so hung up on the cost, it doesn’t matter for shit. The guy asked between coach A and coach B who you would choose, money had nothing to do with anything whatsoever in any equation ever. He would have told you if it did. And I’m sorry but there is NO regular poster or author in the entirety of T-Nation who holds a candle to either of these 2 gentlemen in terms of credentials. Anyone who dares pretend otherwise is a straight up fraud.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]BigGreen wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

Why are you so hung up on the cost, it doesn’t matter for shit. The guy asked between coach A and coach B who you would choose, money had nothing to do with anything whatsoever in any equation ever. He would have told you if it did. And I’m sorry but there is NO regular poster or author in the entirety of T-Nation who holds a candle to either of these 2 gentlemen in terms of credentials. Anyone who dares pretend otherwise is a straight up fraud.[/quote]

Actually I take that back, Andy Bolton posted a few articles so I guess he gets a pass by default

[quote]daraz wrote:

Says the guy with triple my online posts in half the time, oh and half the total[/quote]

Your e-total sounds huge!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

Says the guy with triple my online posts in half the time, oh and half the total[/quote]

Your e-total sounds huge![/quote]
LOL