JoPi is a Weak Fatass, Who Needs to Get Stronger

Strip down and reload. Recovering CrossFit addict. Don’t misunderstand, I loved my time working within Crossfit parameters. The Community was awesome, and the brotherhood strong. But I personally need something more linear; and the opportunity to move heavy ass weight around more often just seems more fun to me than what I’ve been doing. So starting this upcoming Monday, along with turning 25, I will start along a Modified SL5x5 look. Stats are as follows (all weights are 5x5 working weights, and in LBs):
Height: 72"
Weight: 197 (15-16%)

Starting weight for all lifts: 95lb

Workouts I’ll be following are as follows:
Workout A:
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
PC 3x5
Weighted Pullups 3x5
Ab Wheel Rollouts 3x form failure

Workout B:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Dead 3x5
Rows 3x5
Weighted Dips 3x5
Landmines 3x form failure

Edit. Body Measurements are:
Waist 39’
Chest 42’
Shoulders 49.5’
Thigh 23’

Workout A
Squat 105/105/105/105/105
OHP 85/85/85/85/85
PC 95/95/95
WPU 10/10/10
Ab rollout 5reps/5/5

Felt ok with things. Everything feels a little light, but I know that won’t last very long. My one issue is dealing with the single squat rack we have at the gym. I don’t have much time before I need to shower up and muster, so I can’t abide by a 15 minute wait for some gnome in the rack to get done with their lift. I like the idea of front squats, because it would at least let me know for certain that I can squat that day. A little research should let me know whether the switch is worth it.

[quote]JoPi wrote:
A little research should let me know whether the switch is worth it. [/quote]

So, after a little poking around, I’ve decided front squats are the way to go for me. Because it’s a relatively new exercise for me, I’m going to strip all the way back down to the naked bar and work from there. New look will start on Wednesday.

Front squats kill the quads so much better anyway.

Let’s get this done, brother!

Strong lifts is a great program, I ran it since September. Good call on starting at a reasonable weight i.e. 95 lbs. I starting at 55 for squats and it was an ego shot, but has quadrupuled since then.

Anyway, eat, foam roll, and lift strong. Keep it up and I’ll be following!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! It’s half the reason I joined this board… It seems like it has a great sense of community! Just a shitton of people getting strong together.

Workout B
Front Squat 45/45/45/45/45
Bench 105/105/105/105/105
DL 135/135/135
Rows 105/105/105/105/105
Dips 3x5, No Weight.
Landmines 3x10

Felt good today. The weights are still feeling way light, but it feels good to focus again on form and not a WOD time im trying to beat. The move to front squat was well timed. Walked into the gym and the line for the squat rack was three groups long. Squats felt good, and I expect some added weight will tie the form down a little more. Considering posting sprint workout times up here and also dietary sucesses and failures. I’m a horrible food addict, and nothing I’ve tried has changed that. What to do??

I am friggin sore today. Just got done with my sprint workout, and I am humbled. I’m grossly out of shape when it comes to running quickly. Also, lateral tendons on both sides underneath my triceps are just blasted right now. I think too many pushing movements for weight. How to handle??

Workout A went well today, felt powerful. Moved chins to 3x5 to focus on form under weight. Still trying to fight off that food monkey though. I have nothing but the best intentions, just lack the willpower right now. Pathetic, I know. I’m sure it’ll be better after I come off leave.