Jones vs. Trinidad

“It’s a shame we gotta get old, Stallion”.

Two past their prime fighters… but I’m still pulling for Roy Jones. I’d love to see him pull a legitamate comeback.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I’ve always been a big fan of RJJR, and I think he will come in better conditioned and will fight a better fight. I think it’s gonna go the distance.

Jones by unanimous decision.

First I’ve heard of this fight, but that’s more a crime against the boxing promoters than the fighters.

Too bad this fight didn’t happen 5-6 years ago, it really could’ve been special. I’ll go with Jones by UD.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
First I’ve heard of this fight, but that’s more a crime against the boxing promoters than the fighters.
[/quote]

It’s more a crime that a worthless fight between two washed up irrelevant fighters is a pay per view. Way to go, HBO.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:

It’s more a crime that a worthless fight between two washed up irrelevant fighters is a pay per view. Way to go, HBO.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s even more ridiculous. No way this is a PPV-caliber fight.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:

It’s more a crime that a worthless fight between two washed up irrelevant fighters is a pay per view. Way to go, HBO.

Yeah, that’s even more ridiculous. No way this is a PPV-caliber fight.[/quote]

It’s a shame how bad the higher weight classes are nowadays, too.

I wouldn’t pay for this fight… like someone said, 5-6 years ago this fight was golden.

But hell, I’ll pull for RJ… just at a bar where I ain’t paying for it.

That’s what kills me, enough people know RJJ and are still willing to watch him (myself included) that this would be a great draw on free HBO. But $45? Are you insane? This fight really means nothing.

But anyways, I think RJJ can work out a decision.