Jonah Lomu's BB Debut

[quote]Dwigs wrote:
Also understand that this show wasn’t his goal. His primary goal that he is conditioning himself for his rugby come back in Dec[/quote]

He’s doing BB shows to help his conditioning? Or he’s gotten so shredded as a result of his conditioning that he decided to do a show? Neither makes sense.

I just don’t understand why he would so obviously half-ass this. Just for publicity?

Keep in mind this is all after recovering from some serious kidney problems. If this was during his prime he would have done much better as his physique was much more solid.

This is after a serious kidney problem. If this was during his prime he would have done well as his physique was much more solid

Why is everybody defending him about his conditioning and size in the bodybuilding contest? It was shit and you all know it judge him on what he brought to the contest…shit.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Would his kidney problems make him look flat like that?
Or is it just that he wasn’t ready for the show?

He just looks like shit.

For a bodybuilder maybe but for someone who has gone through what he has, he looks pretty good. I would warrant that he looks better than a fair proportion of the posters on this site.

Of course. I’m not trying to take away from his accomplishments. But, as a bodybuilder, he looks like shit. If he thinks he should have entered a BB contest in his current state, he’s fucking delusional. If a BB tried to play rugby and fucked it up like this, no one would sympathize.

If it was a national hero, yes they would.[/quote]

Stop right there. No one is immune from retribution in this country if you fuck up a game of rugby.

It must have been something he did just for fun after losing the weight.

I don’t know what the NZ bobybuilding scene is like, Mak? but it didn’t seem like a massive event where he’d be embarrassing himself.

Still his arms looked biggish, and as all kids know you need huge gunz to play rugby, right? :slight_smile:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Would his kidney problems make him look flat like that?
Or is it just that he wasn’t ready for the show?

He just looks like shit.

For a bodybuilder maybe but for someone who has gone through what he has, he looks pretty good. I would warrant that he looks better than a fair proportion of the posters on this site.

Of course. I’m not trying to take away from his accomplishments. But, as a bodybuilder, he looks like shit. If he thinks he should have entered a BB contest in his current state, he’s fucking delusional. If a BB tried to play rugby and fucked it up like this, no one would sympathize.

If it was a national hero, yes they would.

Stop right there. No one is immune from retribution in this country if you fuck up a game of rugby.[/quote]

LOL, fair comment

He didn’t look great, but he was still an amazing player. Not a useful comment, but wanted to get in on the thread.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Dwigs wrote:
Also understand that this show wasn’t his goal. His primary goal that he is conditioning himself for his rugby come back in Dec

He’s doing BB shows to help his conditioning? Or he’s gotten so shredded as a result of his conditioning that he decided to do a show? Neither makes sense.

I just don’t understand why he would so obviously half-ass this. Just for publicity?[/quote]

As I understand it he wanted to get leaner and bodybuilding was always something he had wanted to do, so he entered a show so he could knock both things off his list.

[quote]onwards wrote:

I don’t know what the NZ bobybuilding scene is like, Mak?

[/quote]

Not up to much in comparison to the US, gotta remember theres only 4 million people though.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
onwards wrote:

I don’t know what the NZ bobybuilding scene is like, Mak?

Not up to much in comparison to the US, gotta remember theres only 4 million people though.
[/quote]

Pretty much. But in comparison to others, I;'m still surprised he got 2nd.