Jon Stewart Insults Catholics Again

Jon Stewart:
“Mormons arenâ??t the only religion whose origin story can be explained as a convenient alibi. You can easily say that Christianity was created by a knocked up teenage girl who told her parents an angel had come down andâ?¦.”

This is after his Vagina Manger escapade: JON STEWART’S VAGINA MANGER SCENE – Catholic League

Awesome.

Has nothing to say about Islam?

That’s a bunch of crap.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

That’s a bunch of crap.[/quote]

Yup, either you do them all or none.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

That’s a bunch of crap.[/quote]

Yup, either you do them all or none.

[/quote]

I’ve heard him criticize Islam openly.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Jon Stewart:
“Mormons arenâ??t the only religion whose origin story can be explained as a convenient alibi. You can easily say that Christianity was created by a knocked up teenage girl who told her parents an angel had come down andâ?¦.”

This is after his Vagina Manger escapade: JON STEWART’S VAGINA MANGER SCENE – Catholic League

Awesome.[/quote]

Don’t you know that it’s fun to bash religion? As long as there are no jokes about homosexuals no problem!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Jon Stewart:
“Mormons arenÃ??Ã?¢??t the only religion whose origin story can be explained as a convenient alibi. You can easily say that Christianity was created by a knocked up teenage girl who told her parents an angel had come down andÃ??Ã?¢?Ã??Ã?¦.”

Awesome.[/quote]

Don’t you know that it’s fun to bash religion? As long as there are no jokes about homosexuals no problem!
[/quote]

Way too easy

Doesn’t Jon Steward make fun of everyone, though?

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
Doesn’t Jon Steward make fun of everyone, though?[/quote]

See reply below.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

That’s what he’d like you to believe. And that’s what some of the dim witted 20 something’s who get their news from his asinine show actually believe. But no that’s not the truth.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

That’s what he’d like you to believe. And that’s what some of the dim witted 20 something’s who get their news from his asinine show actually believe. But no that’s not the truth.[/quote]

Lies…

I often wonder if I ever shall grow so old and wise as to just know without ever looking shit up…

Thankfully, if I dont, I will always haz the Google…

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

No.[/quote]

or maybe I could go the way of divine inspiration to reach that elusive state?

Everyone just knows, yet I must search…

If scepticism is a faith, it has some serious drawbacks.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

No.[/quote]

or maybe I could go the way of divine inspiration to reach that elusive state?

Everyone just knows, yet I must search…

If scepticism is a faith, it has some serious drawbacks. [/quote]

Didn’t know everyone meant every religion. Point made, I’ll change my reply.

Jon Stewart also showed a Christian right representative calling Mormons people who worship a false god. Isn’t that self-deprecating? Isn’t it the same god? For that matter, isn’t the Muslim god the same as well? Not to mention Judaism. And I don’t mean philosophically speaking. I mean, the same exact god. Christians tacked on Jesus on top of that. Muslims tacked on Mohamed on top of Jesus. The worse someone could say is that Mormons and Muslims believe in a false prophet (Joseph Smith and Mohamed respectively). As Jews believe Christians worship a false prophet in Jesus (well, maybe a prophet but nothing more). But each one traces their god to the same source (the one with Adam and Eve).

[quote]qsar wrote:
Jon Stewart also showed a Christian right representative calling Mormons people who worship a false god. Isn’t that self-deprecating? Isn’t it the same god? For that matter, isn’t the Muslim god the same as well? Not to mention Judaism. And I don’t mean philosophically speaking. I mean, the same exact god. Christians tacked on Jesus on top of that. Muslims tacked on Mohamed on top of Jesus. The worse someone could say is that Mormons and Muslims believe in a false prophet (Joseph Smith and Mohamed respectively). As Jews believe Christians worship a false prophet in Jesus (well, maybe a prophet but nothing more). But each one traces their god to the same source (the one with Adam and Eve).
[/quote]

And Jon Stewart respects none of them. The only God that he and many in Hollywood and the media worship is the one that looks back at them in the mirror.

Unfortunately they have sway over a vast number of simple minded idiots who tend to hang on their every word.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]qsar wrote:
[/quote]

And Jon Stewart respects none of them. The only God that he and many in Hollywood and the media worship is the one that looks back at them in the mirror.

Unfortunately they have sway over a vast number of simple minded idiots who tend to hang on their every word.[/quote]

Now I know the world is gonna end this year because I actually agree with this statement.

[quote]qsar wrote:
Jon Stewart also showed a Christian right representative calling Mormons people who worship a false god. Isn’t that self-deprecating? Isn’t it the same god?[/quote]

No.

They make the claim, yes. However, their theology is off track.

Judaism split in two directions Rabbinical Judaism and Catholicism.

No for Mormons.

But, Mormons don’t believe in the Trinitarian God. Muslims claim they believe in the one God of Abraham.

[quote]As Jews believe Christians worship a false prophet in Jesus (well, maybe a prophet but nothing more). But each one traces their god to the same source (the one with Adam and Eve).
[/quote]

Yeah…no. That doesn’t mean they are the same God. Sorry.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]qsar wrote:
[/quote]

Unfortunately they have sway over a vast number of simple minded idiots who tend to hang on their every word.[/quote]

Now I know the world is gonna end this year because I actually agree with this statement.[/quote]

Naw…just means you’re getting smarter.

Aren’t his ratings declining? I heard they were, which is why he feels like he has to do this kind of stuff.

Even if I were Catholic, I wouldn’t worry about it. No one pays attention to Jon Stewart. Smart people caught on to his trying-to-have-it-both ways schtick, and as such he isn’t the voice of a generation that he was once advertised to be.

Which is good - he’s actually a very good actor, I think.

Yeah he did
I seen it
so what?
the Only difference between catholicism/ christianity
and any other cult on the planet
is the number of followers.
If you’re mad about ppl not taking your religion seriously
Join the scientologists and sue someone
or the Muslims and blow up something completely unrelated.