Jon Stewart Highlights the Hypocrisy

On point as usual.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
On point as usual.

[/quote]

Awesome dude. A self loathing Jew / court jester and a new jiggling steatopygia profile pic to boot. Why did I ever swear off PWI?

Very similar cases indeed. Employees changing scores to meet arbitrary governmental standards.

I think the point is that it is widely perceived that more people went to prison over the school scandal, vs. the wall street scandal.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

On point as usual.

[/quote]

Awesome dude. A self loathing Jew / court jester and a new jiggling steatopygia profile pic to boot. Why did I ever swear off PWI?[/quote]

How do you figure he’s a self-loathing Jew? Because he changed his surname from Leibowitz to Stewart? Or because he doesn’t beat the Israel drum like he’s supposed to?

On point as usual.

[/quote]

Yup, spot on. But here’s the difference; the education system doesn’t own this country, the bankers do. It’s good to be the king.

It’s not like our owners want the masses to be well educated, anyways. Like the philosopher Carlin once said…“they want obedience, they want workers just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork”.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

On point as usual.

[/quote]

Yup, spot on. But here’s the difference; the education system doesn’t own this country, the bankers do. It’s good to be the king.

It’s not like our owners want the masses to be well educated, anyways. Like the philosopher Carlin once said…“they want obedience, they want workers just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork”.[/quote]

Wall Street reform won’t be a topic of debate either for 2016. We will wait to bang that drum after the next collapse like usual.

Of course what do we expect when people go from government jobs to Wall Street jobs and vice versea? Both beasts feed each other and they certainly aren’t going to make changes when so much money can be made and the American people won’t hold their feet to the fire. Look at what aspects of Dodd-Frank lobbying killed. No one lobbies quite like Wall Street.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

On point as usual.

[/quote]

Awesome dude. A self loathing Jew / court jester and a new jiggling steatopygia profile pic to boot. Why did I ever swear off PWI?[/quote]

How do you figure he’s a self-loathing Jew? Because he changed his surname from Leibowitz to Stewart? Or because he doesn’t beat the Israel drum like he’s supposed to?[/quote]

Beat the drum for Israel? He’s a self loathing Jew because he’s a leftist who has no connection to or understanding of the reality of Israel and the Jewish people and because he deliberately avoids self identifying as a Jew.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
court jester [/quote]

I find it quite hilarious and telling that the left’s current Messiah is a Comedian.

It’s really every stereotype you can think of.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Look at what aspects of Dodd-Frank lobbying killed. [/quote]

Let’s not pretend Dodd-Frank wasn’t just a massive pile of shit hastily throw together by incompetent know nothings to get their name on something “historic”. That “evil” lobbying by those “evil” bankers is one of the few reasons it is just a mountainous pile of shit, and not the total shift of the center of the financial world to a country not governed by idiots.

For the same reason those “evil” bankers will keep loons like Warren and Sanders out of the White House, they also saved us (as much they could) from the same messes with that shit bill.

"Give me control of the nations money supply, and i care not who writes the laws. "

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Beat the drum for Israel? He’s a self loathing Jew because he’s a leftist who has no connection to or understanding of the reality of Israel and the Jewish people and because he deliberately avoids self identifying as a Jew.
[/quote]

For the record, Stewart regularly identifies himself as Jewish, both in media appearances and in the Daily Show. He stated on many occasions that he changed his surname out of spite due to his estranged father.

I’ve heard it and don’t believe a word of it. Lots of people hate their father but don’t go to the trouble of legally changing their name out of “spite”. He’s hardly going to say he changed his name to avoid being seen as a Jew is he? So he made up some bullshit about spiting the old man.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I’ve heard it and don’t believe a word of it. Lots of people hate their father but don’t go to the trouble of legally changing their name out of “spite”. He’s hardly going to say he changed his name to avoid being seen as a Jew is he? So he made up some bullshit about spiting the old man.[/quote]

I know plenty of Jewish people who have changed their names for whatever reason, it’s not uncommon for eastern European’s to shorten their names. (jew or not)

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Let’s not pretend Dodd-Frank wasn’t just a massive pile of shit hastily throw together by incompetent know nothings to get their name on something “historic”. That “evil” lobbying by those “evil” bankers is one of the few reasons it is just a mountainous pile of shit, and not the total shift of the center of the financial world to a country not governed by idiots.

For the same reason those “evil” bankers will keep loons like Warren and Sanders out of the White House, they also saved us (as much they could) from the same messes with that shit bill. [/quote]

The idea that nothing would change after the necessity of a gigantic government bailout is even more ridiculous. And the change from meaningful reform to mountainous pile of shit follows closely with the lobbying of Wall Street. Estimated over 1 billion spent in lobbying against it.

The bankers aren’t necessarily evil, they are protecting their own self interests. They aren’t spending millions of dollars for change, they are spending it to keep the status quo. They can make gigantic more sums of money than they will spend in order to manipulate the government.

Why did we not see bipartisan effort to clean up an industry that just required a massive infusion of tax payer dollars? Wouldn’t it make sense to attempt to keep that from happening again?

The answer might not have been in Dodd Frank, but it certainly isn’t in keeping things the same either. One doesn’t have to love Stewart to appreciate the point here.

Of course the big deal thing is no one from Wall Street goes to jail, but in the education scandal they do.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I’ve heard it and don’t believe a word of it. Lots of people hate their father but don’t go to the trouble of legally changing their name out of “spite”. He’s hardly going to say he changed his name to avoid being seen as a Jew is he? So he made up some bullshit about spiting the old man.[/quote]

I know plenty of Jewish people who have changed their names for whatever reason, it’s not uncommon for eastern European’s to shorten their names. (jew or not) [/quote]

I know plenty of Jewish people and the religious Zionist and modern orthodox I know feel the same way I do.

[quote]H factor wrote:

The idea that nothing would change after the necessity of a gigantic government bailout is even more ridiculous. And the change from meaningful reform to mountainous pile of shit follows closely with the lobbying of Wall Street. Estimated over 1 billion spent in lobbying against it. [/quote]

I think you’re greatly confused, as are most people, as to the cause of the meltdown.

The idea that it was the “evil bankers” fault is largely bunk. They certainly played a role, but to sit back and dump on that industry, and that industry alone, is foolish beyond foolish.

And once people accept the fact the government itself had just as much a hand in this mess as the bankers, you can swap out “banker” for “congressman” and “government” for “wall street” and this statement still holds.

Probably because congress wasn’t exactly going to police itself, and that is what is required. Nor had any serious and realistic looks into the actually causes of this been done. No, instead it was the same FDR era bullshit of “it was the evil rich people on Wall Street.” And people ate it up, and still do, to this day.

Anyone that doesn’t blame a banker is called an idiot, a moron, etc etc etc.

Shit, one of the reasons this entire mess was exasperated what the simple fact the bankers were the most responsible parties and insured the bunk debt instruments. AIG, the Fed, Congress and the very people that signed for mortgages they couldn’t afford are just as much to blame for this as Wall Street. Yet very few actually get this…

Why don’t they? Because we passed shit like “Dodd-Frank” and “solved the problem”. REFORM!

If you call making the banks bigger, stronger, more in need of bailouts if shit happens, and tying Wall Street even closer to Government than ever thought possible before, reform.

People that support Dodd-Frank haven’t read Dodd-Frank and/or don’t understand Dodd-Frank or finance.

We’ll ignore the fact it absolutely crushes any small business trying to break into the finance, investing or mortgages. You know, competition that stops “too big to fail”.

[quote]The answer might not have been in Dodd Frank, but it certainly isn’t in keeping things the same either.

[/quote]

Making changes, hastily, for the sake of making changes is a shit approach.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

I suppose Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas, Jonah Hill and literally hundreds upon hundreds of Jewish people that have changed their surnames in show business are self hating Jews?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

The idea that nothing would change after the necessity of a gigantic government bailout is even more ridiculous. And the change from meaningful reform to mountainous pile of shit follows closely with the lobbying of Wall Street. Estimated over 1 billion spent in lobbying against it. [/quote]

I think you’re greatly confused, as are most people, as to the cause of the meltdown.

The idea that it was the “evil bankers” fault is largely bunk. They certainly played a role, but to sit back and dump on that industry, and that industry alone, is foolish beyond foolish.

And once people accept the fact the government itself had just as much a hand in this mess as the bankers, you can swap out “banker” for “congressman” and “government” for “wall street” and this statement still holds.

Probably because congress wasn’t exactly going to police itself, and that is what is required. Nor had any serious and realistic looks into the actually causes of this been done. No, instead it was the same FDR era bullshit of “it was the evil rich people on Wall Street.” And people ate it up, and still do, to this day.

Anyone that doesn’t blame a banker is called an idiot, a moron, etc etc etc.

Shit, one of the reasons this entire mess was exasperated what the simple fact the bankers were the most responsible parties and insured the bunk debt instruments. AIG, the Fed, Congress and the very people that signed for mortgages they couldn’t afford are just as much to blame for this as Wall Street. Yet very few actually get this…

Why don’t they? Because we passed shit like “Dodd-Frank” and “solved the problem”. REFORM!

If you call making the banks bigger, stronger, more in need of bailouts if shit happens, and tying Wall Street even closer to Government than ever thought possible before, reform.

People that support Dodd-Frank haven’t read Dodd-Frank and/or don’t understand Dodd-Frank or finance.

We’ll ignore the fact it absolutely crushes any small business trying to break into the finance, investing or mortgages. You know, competition that stops “too big to fail”.

[quote]The answer might not have been in Dodd Frank, but it certainly isn’t in keeping things the same either.

[/quote]

Making changes, hastily, for the sake of making changes is a shit approach.
[/quote]

Yes it was a multi-faceted problem. No it wasn’t just big banks. Yes the government played a big role.

It isn’t just them because they work together with government which is why so often they go back and forth together.

You can’t change stupid people, but it is not stupid people’s job to make sure they can’t get a huge loan. That is the person giving out the loans job. And yet an incentive existed (created by banks and the government) to still do this. Why wouldn’t we change things so incentives stopped existing for this?

Making changes hastily might be a shit approach, but it’s not worse than doing nothing and just hoping the problem won’t happen again. Definition of insanity and all that my friend.

What type of reform changes do you think need to be made and why?

It will be like the next bailout: student loans.

Who will get the blame? Sallie Mae, the schools or the students?

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
It will be like the next bailout: student loans.

Who will get the blame? Sallie Mae, the schools or the students?[/quote]

It is one thing to call Wall Street not the only player in the collapse. It is quite another to make the preposterous idea that they had no hand in it.

We fucked up thinking everyone deserved to go to college. No parent wanted to hear their precious baby who barely passed high school didn’t deserve to go to college.