Jon Fitch Released From The UFC

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7626&zoneid=2

Damn… I was looking forward to the Gono fight too.

Fitch will have a tough time finding good comptetition at welterweight outside of the UFC. This sucks, because I was expecting him to improve dramatically after his loss to GSP.

Craziness.

I’m glad this fucking video game is more important to the UFC then the number 2 welterweight.

Evidiently the UFC is cutting all ties to the AKA over this shit. Absolutely retarded. How about just not put them in the game? Christ.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/11/20/total-horseshit-jon-fitch-dropped-from-ufc-over-video-game-licensing/

Normally I can handle Dana’s douchebaggery because he really does care about the sport and he sort of does things with a “two wrongs make a right” philosophy so that his assholishness is justified in the long run, but this… this is really upsetting and very selfish of the UFC.

Goodluck Finch, you are extremely talented and should have no problem finding work elsewhere.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
I’m glad this fucking video game is more important to the UFC then the number 2 welterweight.

Evidiently the UFC is cutting all ties to the AKA over this shit. Absolutely retarded. How about just not put them in the game? Christ.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/11/20/total-horseshit-jon-fitch-dropped-from-ufc-over-video-game-licensing/

Normally I can handle Dana’s douchebaggery because he really does care about the sport and he sort of does things with a “two wrongs make a right” philosophy so that his assholishness is justified in the long run, but this… this is really upsetting and very selfish of the UFC.

Goodluck Finch, you are extremely talented and should have no problem finding work elsewhere.[/quote]

Apparently the issue is THQ was expecting exclusive rights from all UFC fighters and were pissed to find out they didn’t have it (also rumors that electronic arts is trying to make a game with UFC fighters which is creating the tension.)

Whats surprising is how Dana says he wont cave to network executives for a tv deal but will sell out a fighter for a video game.

No manager worth a shit in the world would sign on for lifetime rights to a likeness.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
No manager worth a shit in the world would sign on for lifetime rights to a likeness. [/quote]

Agreed. This is a really fucked up situation…not just for Fitch,but for all the guys at AKA.

This is why we’ll never see Fedor in the UFC.

this seems to me to be a game of bluff calling that got out of hand. Fitch even admits he actually couldn’t care less about the game image rights.

Stupid!

Shit like this is why the UFC will always be a business, and not a sport organization.

One more thing.

In an interview with Yahoo Sports on Wednesday, White said the UFC would no longer do business with the American Kickboxing Academy, Fitch?s San Jose-based fight team.
?We?re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I?m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it?s not even funny,? White told Yahoo Sports. ?Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren?t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.?

Sick of what shit? The fighters not being Dana’s bitches? These guys aren’t “partners” with us? How the fuck is a lifetime contract being a partner? This fuckers delusions of granduer have reached epic proportions.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
No manager worth a shit in the world would sign on for lifetime rights to a likeness.

Agreed. This is a really fucked up situation…not just for Fitch,but for all the guys at AKA.[/quote]

Wow. UFC is way out of line here, in my opinion.

I feel bad for Fitch, but his manager absolutely made the right move by not signing that deal.

So, what does this mean for Koscheck, Swick and co.? Will they be jettisoned, too?

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

Agreed. This is a really fucked up situation…not just for Fitch,but for all the guys at AKA.

Wow. UFC is way out of line here, in my opinion.

I feel bad for Fitch, but his manager absolutely made the right move by not signing that deal.

So, what does this mean for Koscheck, Swick and co.? Will they be jettisoned, too?[/quote]

Well…I would like to think Dana is just spouting off at the mouth…his main beef is with their manager. Dana actually said Swick is fine because he’s the only one who actually called him to say he was serious about fighting for the UFC.

As for Koscheck,Velasquez,and co.,it remains to be seen.

Haha, someone decided to edit the Dana White Wikipedia entry. Childish, yes, but still funny. It’s already been taken down but here is what it got changed to:

Very sad. Tito Ortiz, Jon Fitch, Fedor… its nice to see how someone can be so determined to fuck up a sport because of his arrogance and egocentrism.

Maybe I just don’t understand all that legal stuff but how is this situation different from all the hockey players appearing in NHL games? Why does it matter to Fitch and the others, I’ve never heard of an hockey player getting kicked out of the league because he didn’t want to appear in a game.

Edit: Actually it’s the term “likeness for life” that confuses me, I’m french and I’m not really familiar with that expression.

everyone should start signing with strikeforce or affiction, i buy those ppvs if the aka guys fight… sorry with the triple post

double

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
Maybe I just don’t understand all that legal stuff but how is this situation different from all the hockey players appearing in NHL games? Why does it matter to Fitch and the others, I’ve never heard of an hockey player getting kicked out of the league because he didn’t want to appear in a game.

Edit: Actually it’s the term “likeness for life” that confuses me, I’m french and I’m not really familiar with that expression.[/quote]

I have heard of soccer and basketball players choosing to not appear in videogames of their own volition though.