Joints Feeling Better With Flameout!

[quote]davidtower wrote:
slight hijack…

I tried taking fish oil caps before (crappy cheap brand from Walmart) but I couldn’t stand the fish burps.

Does anyone experience fish burps with FLAMEOUT? If it’s just not avoidable could I just load up before I go to bed with all my fish oil supps for the day?

Thanks

-DT[/quote]

My mom quit taking fish oil supps because of the fish burps, so i tried her on enteric coated fish oil caps, works like a charm for her.

As for flameout causing the burps, I get them about 50% of the time, but I dont really care.

My dad and I are both on Flameout, I was feeling a bit of discomfort in my elbow due to heavy benching which has since gone away.

My dad has chronic knee pain, doctor doesn’t know what is wrong with his knee and wanted to do exploratory surgery on it. A few days after taking Flameout, he called me and said his knee was feeling a lot better - I told him it was probably psychological since the supplement wasn’t likely to work that quickly.

Anyway, its been about two weeks and he says the sharp pains are gone and he is now just left with dull aches (which is quite an improvement).

Its the first time I’ve seen him actually want to take a supplement (he quit glucosamine due to lack of ‘effectiveness’). And yes, he had been taking fish oil prior to Flameout.

Thankya Biotest :slight_smile:

I noticed improvement in my shoulders after the 3rd week on Flameout. My next order will have a lot more bottles. I love this stuff.

I’m going to have to try it. While not sore, I do “notice” my one knee from time to time.

Maybe I can revert to not noticing it…

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’m going to have to try it. While not sore, I do “notice” my one knee from time to time.

Maybe I can revert to not noticing it…[/quote]

vroom,

it only took a little over a week for me to feel the difference. It’s worth a try!

[quote]xloptuny wrote:
davidtower wrote:
slight hijack…

I tried taking fish oil caps before (crappy cheap brand from Walmart) but I couldn’t stand the fish burps.

Does anyone experience fish burps with FLAMEOUT? If it’s just not avoidable could I just load up before I go to bed with all my fish oil supps for the day?

Thanks

-DT

My mom quit taking fish oil supps because of the fish burps, so i tried her on enteric coated fish oil caps, works like a charm for her.

As for flameout causing the burps, I get them about 50% of the time, but I dont really care.

[/quote]

When do you take Flameout?

I try to take my supplements during a meal. Not after it, and not before it.

And by doing this I have never had a problem. The times that I have forgotten this rule I have had some supplements give me minor digestive problems.

[quote]Phill wrote:

I asked you 2 specific questions:

1. Are you taking the same amount of oil?
  2. Was the condition chronic or new?

Not Zeb but seeing as I chimed in above as well.

1. same amount of fish oils total prior had been using 10 grams a day. Now still ten grams yet 4 come from Flameout.

2. Chronic last three years or so pretrty regular with some better and some worse times.
    [/quote]

Well, this is not the same amount of EPA and DHA which are the things of interest. Replacing with Flameout results in significantly more EPA and DHA. A proper comparison would a very high level of pills previously that yieled equivalent EPA and DHA. Regardless, it’s nice to not have to take that many pills to get the same benefits. And the CLA may well make a difference. I don’t know.

[quote]

Well, this is not the same amount of EPA and DHA which are the things of interest. Replacing with Flameout results in significantly more EPA and DHA. A proper comparison would a very high level of pills previously that yieled equivalent EPA and DHA. Regardless, it’s nice to not have to take that many pills to get the same benefits. And the CLA may well make a difference. I don’t know.[/quote]

Thats the point is it not. I mean damn ten of these is enough I dont want to have to take 30-40 of the lil bastards. Thats a TON and an extra 200+ k/cals I can use on other food.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m not sure if it’s the particular fish oil in Flameout, or the CLA. But my joints have never felt better since I switched to this product.

Has anyone else felt such an immediate difference??[/quote]

just finished my first bottle of FLAMEOUT and i’ve noticed much less inflammation probably as much as an 80% reduction, it’s great stuff, i used to have some much pain in my elbow that i would wake up in the middle of night with the pain but after taking flameout that’s a thing of the past

I’ve been on Flameout for about a month now, and I must say that my back is feeling a little better. I still have my elbow and knees still to get better, but it does seem to be doing something. I actually take a one and a half dose a day along with some extra Omega-3 and CLA caps.

The fish oil burps are there, but they aren’t really that bad at all, and if you take it with a meal, you may not notice it at all.

I was just fixing to order and they ran out. If everyone will please drag their metal cups across the bars at the same time, maybe the next batch will get done faster.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Honestly, yes.

On week two and have been having tendonitis trouble in my right elbow for some time. Been aim to not aggrevate it but still always seemed to. Its getting noticably better in the past few days. Flameout being the only change.

Hope for more to come. [/quote]

I have noticed the same thing. Since I have started with the Flameout my elbew is not aggrevated and my workouts more productive

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
I was just fixing to order and they ran out. If everyone will please drag their metal cups across the bars at the same time, maybe the next batch will get done faster.[/quote]

Amen… does anyone know when the next batch is due?

I have started a bout of endurance training, and my joints are holding up very nicely. I attribute it partly to glucosamine and the high doses of EPA and DHA in Flameout. (maybe the CLA too). I had never taken the necessary 18 some pills of conventional fish oil to equal the concentrations. And I think it makes a difference.

[quote]Phill wrote:

Well, this is not the same amount of EPA and DHA which are the things of interest. Replacing with Flameout results in significantly more EPA and DHA. A proper comparison would a very high level of pills previously that yieled equivalent EPA and DHA. Regardless, it’s nice to not have to take that many pills to get the same benefits. And the CLA may well make a difference. I don’t know.

Thats the point is it not. I mean damn ten of these is enough I dont want to have to take 30-40 of the lil bastards. Thats a TON and an extra 200+ k/cals I can use on other food.

[/quote]

What do you mean? I think it takes 18 pills of conventional fish oil to get the doses recommended for Flameout (4 pills). And if you want CLA, you’d have to buy that separately. Regardless, I agree with you. It’s very nice to take 4 pills (and I throw an extra couple pills of Kirkland brand fish oil in sometimes to).

Been experimenting with Flameout since it came out. For me, I think it is still too early to make definite claims…that being said, with only Flameout as a change to my training, diet, or sleep, I have definitely noticed an improvement in CNS recovery.

I keep very meticulous notes regarding training, diet, sleep, etc. (I can’t help it. I love data…) and I am noticing higher perceived “lightness” of my normal training poundage. This is happening time and time again; something that is unusual for me.

Good stuff. HOT-ROX is still my number 1, but if this continues, Flameout will become either a close 2nd or will reside with HOT-ROX as supplements I simply cannot live without.

It’s great to use fish oil for chronic inflammatory conditions (i.e. arthritis) BUT it is NEVER a panacea for the pain and inflammation associated with acute mechanical insult from physical activity. That inflammation exists for a reason: because you’re abusing your body. Inflammation is a natural response to injury and is nature’s way of forcing you to avoid offensive activities until the healing process has run it’s course.

It is interesting to note that the use of anti-inflammatory medications actually inhibits the healing process in the acute stage of injury.

If you’re using fish oil to combat pain caused by training, then you’re really only treating the symptoms. You need to find out why the activity is causing pain and fix whatever biomechanical fault is causing the problem, not gulp down Flameout until you’re burping fish.

BTW, fish oil is good stuff, but if you don’t recognize a natural conflict of interest when TC and Chris write about its benefits then you’re not very critical. There is such a thing as too much fish oil, and it’s funny how the only people reccommending enormous amounts are the ones who are selling the stuff. Barry Sears started the whole high-dose fish oil thing in 2003 and his company has made tens if not hundreds of millions. Please don’t tell me that anyone can sell the science objectively with that kind of money on the line.

[quote]marijuology wrote:

If you’re using fish oil to combat pain caused by training, then you’re really only treating the symptoms. You need to find out why the activity is causing pain and fix whatever biomechanical fault is causing the problem, not gulp down Flameout until you’re burping fish.[/quote]

No actually you need to do both. It is not uncommon for weightlifters to get tendonitis in susceptible areas, for instance my shoulders. Mine was partly a genetic problem, severely hooked acromion along with lack of RC work. Because of poor blood supply, tendons tend to have prolonged inflammation long after the insult has been removed, ie months and months. And that is counterproductive to healing. Part of the problem is the abnormally high omega 6 in American diet, and abnormally low omega 3. Taking omega 3’s in that situation, and in many others to help treat chronic tendonitis has been shown beneficial in many studies. Not to mention the additional benefit of helping with my reactive airway disease.

[quote]
BTW, fish oil is good stuff, but if you don’t recognize a natural conflict of interest when TC and Chris write about its benefits then you’re not very critical. There is such a thing as too much fish oil, and it’s funny how the only people reccommending enormous amounts are the ones who are selling the stuff. Barry Sears started the whole high-dose fish oil thing in 2003 and his company has made tens if not hundreds of millions. Please don’t tell me that anyone can sell the science objectively with that kind of money on the line. [/quote]

No, high dose fish oil was started in late 90’s by medical researchers. Before arguing with what is said because of the obvious “conflict of interest”, would it not be prudent to read an article or two on the subject to see if they are indeed correct (I can assume you have not or you wouldn’t have posted). Facts are still facts, regardless of who states them. They are not recommending enormous amounts (4.6 grams total free fatty acids), but rather slightly more than some studies (many say 3 grams), and probably less than some eskimos consume. Go to google scholar, and you can read hundreds of double blind placebo controlled research by reputable universities showing the benefits for asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases, heart disease, and even chronic tendonitis.

Read here, its a good review article with plenty of references written in 2002 touting the benefits of 2.6-3 grams of omega 3’s per day in varying studies. Read the study then the references. Publications & Nutrition Research Papers - Journal of the American Center for Nutrition

If you eat fatty fish 2-3x per day and stick to grain fed cattle/chicken then perhaps you don’t need it, but for those of us who don’t, I will continue to take it, and in what you call “high doses”.

been taking flameout for 5 days now, and my knee seems to be acting better.:slight_smile:

[quote]marijuology wrote:
It’s great to use fish oil for chronic inflammatory conditions (i.e. arthritis) BUT it is NEVER a panacea for the pain and inflammation associated with acute mechanical insult from physical activity. That inflammation exists for a reason: because you’re abusing your body. Inflammation is a natural response to injury and is nature’s way of forcing you to avoid offensive activities until the healing process has run it’s course.

It is interesting to note that the use of anti-inflammatory medications actually inhibits the healing process in the acute stage of injury.

If you’re using fish oil to combat pain caused by training, then you’re really only treating the symptoms. You need to find out why the activity is causing pain and fix whatever biomechanical fault is causing the problem, not gulp down Flameout until you’re burping fish.

BTW, fish oil is good stuff, but if you don’t recognize a natural conflict of interest when TC and Chris write about its benefits then you’re not very critical. There is such a thing as too much fish oil, and it’s funny how the only people reccommending enormous amounts are the ones who are selling the stuff. Barry Sears started the whole high-dose fish oil thing in 2003 and his company has made tens if not hundreds of millions. Please don’t tell me that anyone can sell the science objectively with that kind of money on the line. [/quote]

The amount of EPA and DHA in 4 pills of Flameout is not excessive. And it is not merely masking pain but reducing inflammation. Discreet injuries are one thing and shouldn’t be trained through. Reduced inflammation is exactly what everyone should strive for.