T Nation

Joining the Party

Hey, wassup. I've been hanging around this site for a while now, finally started a training log here a couple weeks ago and just realized I've crossed the line into the old farts club, so I thought I should say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 37, two kids and a better half, 6'4", weigh about 220 and am working my way back through Starting Strength. I set myself a bunch of pretty ambitious goals to hit by my 40th (see my training log) so I have my work cut out for me but I'm guessing I can get all the advice I need from you lot.

Looking forward to it.

Hi, Captain (Captain Krunch? Captain Kirk?), welcome to the Geritol set. Six four and 220? Sounds slender, are you looking to bulk up?

Wecome catpain .

@cavalier - yeah, I'm pretty skinny :slightly_smiling:

I don't have any specific weight goals. I want to get stronger, so I'm sure I'll put some weight on as I'm doing that, but no specific aims. I took my lifting goals from Mountain Athlete -- that's the kind of fitness I'm looking for.

Welcome

do 5/3/1 or we'll kill and eat you.

Speaking of which, Dr. Lardass perscribes 4 cheesesteaks, stat!

Dont worry--he always says that.

Still a Dan John disciple and still alive !!

Sticking with SS for now because it's working and I think I can go a ways on it yet. 5/3/1 sounds good for the next program though...