Joining The Navy

[quote]csulli wrote:
None of you fuckers joined me in song.[/quote]

“You can sail the seven seas …”

IN THE NAVY

“You can put your mind at ease …”

All I got - out!

[quote]Canee03 wrote:
Thanks for the input guys. Really appreciate all of this!

[quote]viper0213 wrote:

How would I do this if I were in your shoes? I would leave after 4yrs and re-enter as an officer by going to a college with an ROTC program. You can can utilize your college fund to pay for the 4year degree. By entering ROTC you will earn a stipend and only train one weekend a month. No one even knows your apart of the program. Upon graduation you earn your butter bar and commission same day you graduate.

After an additional four years you walk out of there with 8 yrs experience, enlisted and as an officer. Or you could just take your four years and I can help you obtain that level by the knowledge I gained after I left the Navy. I was actually forced out based on overflow of the rate. I received a sevrence package. I knew this was going to happen an entire year prior to leaving. I had plenty of time to plan. I have the knowledge to help you.[/quote]

At the moment i haven’t taken my ASVAB sorry if i gave the impression that i’ve already signed a contract… Still studying for the test in order to score a good grade.

My plan was to actually only do 4 years again. Even though the ROTC program seems like a great idea , im leaning towards more becoming civillian again after 4 years. So what do you think on how i should go about things then?Should i shoot you a pm or something? Thanks in advance… I really appreciate all of the help i can get…[/quote]

Shoot me a pm. Even if you wish to become a civilian in 4yrs. Choose your Rate wisely. Yes, I can help you no matter what direction you go. There is a company you can contact once you have an idea when your finished called Bradley Morris. They will link you to companies who wish to hire you based on career, education and such. What they do is bring you to a hotel with other potentnial employees. They then contcat the employers and bring them as well. They match you up based on a prescreen to companies you will interview with taht day. The employers willl have a shcdeule for each person they interview. You will have your individual schedule. Youhave 5 minutes to interview. Once completed you have to rank the companies which interest you from 1-3 for your top three picks. Same for the companies. If you fail to match a company who selected you as 1 and you didn’t list them, you lose the interview. It sucks but happens. If you each land within top 3 you will get a second interview at the comapany location. If successful they will make you an offer within a few days and you will have a week to respond. I went through this process twice. The first time I got no bites and walked away. Second time I had landed a job with several, I had my pick. Go to their website and see when they have a conference closest to you and sign up. Once you go through the first time, then you will have a clear idea how it works.

Bradley Morris- gets paid by the company and not out of your potential salary. They are paid to match military vets to corporates looking for military personnel making the transition to the civilian world.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Why are you planning for a life after the Navy when you haven’t even earned the title yet? I’ve never understood this mentality…[/quote]
I understand this actually. I always was looking ahead. [/quote]

I don’t think looking ahead is a bad thing, but the OP has already determined he’ll get out after his 1st enlistment before his 1st day.

That seems odd to me, but he’s certainly not the first Sailor/Marine with this mentality. [/quote]

I’ve found the ones who want out in 4 years end up staying for 20. The ones going in for 20 end up staying only four years.