Joining the Military and Special Forces

Run 2 mile as fast as you can on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, try to beat the time each week, fuck off the treadmill, road only, even in the wet. Swap one day for hill sprints after a month or so, push yourself, don’t mess around.

As stated fuck off the weights.

On off days do circuits consisting of pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups and burpees. Increase reps as much as possible, work on planks also, aim for 30 min sessions, you want to be dead by the end of it.

Rest on Sundays.

Sorted.

Hi guys,
just a quick message to let you know that the tests at the recruitment and selection center went pretty well.
I did the best score both on the running and endurance (we were only 2 to keep on running at the end, and we collapsed at the same time lol) and the “”“strength”“” test, which was to perform a max reps of strict pull-ups (i did 25 , but 23 counted because i was too fast for the Major at the begining haha) . Medical tests and psychology tests went fine.

So now i’m waiting for the incorporation , somewhere between mid september and october.

Concerning my training, it remained actually pretty simple :
3 to 4 running session (short and long sprints on the track, a hour run outdoors, and one specific hill climbing) , 2 swimming session, and 3 to 4 weight training (basic lifts, high intensity, and a lot of workouts actually inspired by C. Thibadeau programs i found here on T nation) . Naturally, i dropped a lot of max strength and size , but now i feel more athletic and in the best physical condition i ever had.

3 Likes

Hey bro, glad to see you’re trucking along with your prep. I had one note I would add: I didn’t notice any calisthenics in your schedule (pushups, situps, etc). I would HIGHLY recommend building up some serious volume with those. Here in the States, the pushup is the most used form of physical torture during selection courses (from my experience) so I would definitely devote a bunch of time to that. Even if you are working more muscular endurance in benching and the like, I would still add in pushups (even if you have to drop some weight stuff) and build some volume up like I said.

Great news mate! Fantastic to hear you went out and maxed your initial scores!

Keep up the grit, it only gets rougher from here going into selection. I think you are gonna do well considering how much you took off to get where you have now. I’d just like to give you a friendly reminder that in selection a lot of it will be team based and a lot of it will be mental breakage, so make sure your mental grit is in top form and make sure you can work well in a team–taking the back seat when needed to get a plan done, or taking initiative if nobody seems to be coming up with ideas for a given physical team task. Since snall team stuff will be essentially the bulk of your work if you pass selection you want to focus on being a good teammate to make the whole beter than the sum of its parts.

Excuse spelling, on my mobile. I think you’ll do well physically. Make sure rucking and grip is a part of your training (didn’t see that in your last post).