Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

I’m in. Current max is 405. I’ll beat you guys there!

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
I hit a 465 at a meet recently, have plenty more in me it seems.

Nice, what weight class are you in? Knees wrapped on the squat?

Let’s see… Hit 200kg x 4 recently for a true 4RM. I’m going for it when I have some time to mess around, probably after Xmas sometime. And I’ll try and get a 405 squat too.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
I hit a 465 at a meet recently, have plenty more in me it seems.

[/quote]

Nice, what weight class are you in? Knees wrapped on the squat?

Let’s see… Hit 200kg x 4 recently for a true 4RM. I’m going for it when I have some time to mess around, probably after Xmas sometime. And I’ll try and get a 405 squat too.[/quote]
[/quote]

198 at this meet, weighed in at 195 after having milk and oreos the night before :slight_smile:

Should be back in the 181 for my March meet. We shall see. Yeah I wrap my knees out. Never tried any other way, probably should at some point just to see.

I pulled 395 from a 1 inch deficit conventional for 5 the other day, so i’m expecting 495 is in me or close enough to. We’ll probably break this Barrier in March :slight_smile:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

198 at this meet, weighed in at 195 after having milk and oreos the night before :slight_smile:

Should be back in the 181 for my March meet. We shall see. Yeah I wrap my knees out. Never tried any other way, probably should at some point just to see.

I pulled 395 from a 1 inch deficit conventional for 5 the other day, so i’m expecting 495 is in me or close enough to. We’ll probably break this Barrier in March :)[/quote]

SPF’s definitely different from what I’m accustomed to. Seems like you got “press” commands pretty quick. IPF guys seem to like to let you sweat for a bit lol. Nice squatting, though.

Do you do all your training in wraps? Never tried them, since it’s considered geared for me, but starting to get curious if they might be a useful training tool on occasion.

Nice lifting man watched your video @Corst.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

I pulled 395 from a 1 inch deficit conventional for 5 the other day, so i’m expecting 495 is in me or close enough to. We’ll probably break this Barrier in March :)[/quote]

SPF’s definitely different from what I’m accustomed to. Seems like you got “press” commands pretty quick. IPF guys seem to like to let you sweat for a bit lol. Nice squatting, though.

Do you do all your training in wraps? Never tried them, since it’s considered geared for me, but starting to get curious if they might be a useful training tool on occasion.[/quote]

Some meets they make us pause for ages it seems, this didn’t feel that way at all. I would say it was a fairly quick press command.

No we only start putting on wraps around 3-4 training weeks out.

I try to only use my wrist wraps on heavy bench days. Speed days no wrist wraps. As for belts on squats/deadlifts I try to minimize as much as possible but once I’m around 80% I’ll belt up. On speed squat/pull days I will wear it but usually keep it loose.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Nice lifting man watched your video @Corst.[/quote]
Much appreciated.

In for sure, I pulled 180 kg/396 lbs. fairly easily yesterday. I just want 200 kg/440 lbs. before I turn 18 in may, maybe I could pull something like 210 kg or more at my first meet in late may. After that I want to hit 270 kg as a junior in the -120 kg class.

I’m jealous of all you guys.

I screwed my ring finger on my right hand up. Broke the bone on the end and tore off the tendon. Had to have it surgically repaired. I have almost no grip in that hand still even with straps. DL was moving up nicely until then.

I had planned on topping 500 by Christmas. I wish you guy good lifts and PRs. Merry Christmas.

Pulled 185kg/407lbs sumo, felt good considering I haven’t pulled sumo in months. Still gonna stick with conventional at least until I get 200kg

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:

Pulled 185kg/407lbs sumo, felt good considering I haven’t pulled sumo in months. Still gonna stick with conventional at least until I get 200kg[/quote]
badass bumpers. I bet your sumo will increase well with your conventional

Cheers.

Thats what it looks like happened, 4 months ago sumo was 170 and conventional was 175, now it’s 185 and 190 (possibly a bit more).

I don’t get what the relationship between the two is, or which one I’m better built for, but my hips don’t like weekly sumo pulling so that’s why I want to stick with conventional for a while. Plus, I have form issues to fix on conventional and they’re not gonna get fixed by ignoring them.

Finally hit the big 500! Feels amazing.

Nice one^

Pulled 185kg for a double beltless

Im in!!!

Currently: 405x1

My first post. I’m in.

Currently running 5/3/1 and my heaviest pull has been 420 lbs.

Bonus points for a 495 deadlift under 18 years old?

Trying to pull 5 wheels by April. Here is 455 Wednesday.

Just pulled 500 at my first meet. 163 bw.

Right, 500lbs is happening for me this year.
I got 390 couple of weeks back so I’ve a fair way to go but definitely having 500 some point this year.