Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

Attempted 445, it went up fast but i lost it. Just hit a wall.

After watching a few times I think I should have just nutted up. It didn’t feel that way though. It just stopped moving.

Maybe the beard isn’t thick enough.

Sorry about the Vid being sideways.

That was 425 it felt fast and light. I think form looks ok. can probably pull toward my body more.

got 405 for 3 singles today. Hopefully ill be at 500 by the end of summer realistically because im currently in season. feel like I could have gotten 415 today once for a new PR. I usually lift sumo when I go heavy, just feels more natural to me

how often do you pull sumo as compared to conventional? I’m a bit stronger sumo so I’m going to focus on that for a few months

I finally tried a 5 plate after nearly 2 months of technique work and other stuff. I broke the weight nicely off the floor but leaned back and went off balance which caused me to drop it right at my knees.

I am hoping to get this by end of May. I’ve pulled 212.5kg a week or so ago and it felt great. Been getting a few PRs lately.

So my goal of 495 lbs (for me, 225 kg) in the springtime is looking a little bit ambitious; I pulled 207.5 kg/457 lbs earlier this year, but since then my progress with deadlifting has broken down considerably while my squat and bench continue to improve. Noooooooooo.

I’ve been eyeing this thread for a while and now I’M IN! Broke 400 this week. Realistically my goal is to hit 495 by Christmas.

I think I’ve discovered I’m a sumo puller. My best conventional is still 485 (think I’m good for 500-525ish) but the other day I sumo pulled 495 and 515 and it felt like maybe a 90% effort. Go figure.

I’m in. Hit 435 two weeks ago, probably couldve gotten 445 (maybe 455) but the bars at my school are much thicker than at my gym and were really throwing me off. Goal by end of school year (2 months) is 5 plates. Goal for start of football season (5 months) is 600. Both very unrealistic. But Fuck it.

i failed it at it a couple months back havent deadlifted since been squatting really heavy a lot of volume but ill join

I got up to 475 and stopped pushing the D/L. Plates are small at the gym I lift at and it throws my form off. Still got 405x6 and 415x4 when I was running 5/3/1 this summer.

Still doing deadlifts once a week as an assistance movement. Hopefully this summer I’ll hit 5 plates.

I’ve graduated from the 405 thread. Current is 410x2.

Count me in. Jointed the 405 club a little before Christmas, and pulled 445x1 @ 190lbs a week ago. Aiming for the epic 5 plates before end of summer – which has been a big goal of mine since I started getting into PLing a couple years ago.

Pulled an equal PR of 212.5kg, then pulled 217.5 to above knee but was in a shit house position so couldn’t get my hips through to finish. Felt good to get it up though.

5 plates is so farking close!

[quote]Fuarrrrrk wrote:
Form check brahs from new guy but going for 500-520 in 2 weeks

I didn’t see any glaring issues. When you got to your heaviest set it looked like your lower back went from flat to rounded at the top of the lift. I didn’t notice that happening on lighter sets but when you’re close to your max some form breakdown will be expected. Just keep getting stronger. Maybe try to pull the bar in closer to your shins at the bottom but I couldn’t completely tell if that was issue or not at that angle.

Decided to max out on deadlifts today to see where I was at and what my weak links are.

Before watching these videos: the 45’s at my colleges gym are closer to the circumference of nearly all 35’s I’ve seen. I don’t know if this is because they’re rubberized and wider or what. All it amounts to is that I’m pulling from a slight deficit and that is screwing up my already poor form.

475 (don’t watch if squeamish)

I’m now incorporating heavy hip thrusts, good mornings, and weighted planks in order to improve core stability and posterior strength.

Positive is that my grip strength felt fine on all of those pulls. I’ve had trouble gripping as light as 425 in the past. I think doing (relatively) heavy cleans and rows has helped with that.

failure lifting at home, hoping to hit a proper gym soon and pull 495

I’m in, pulled 405 at 183lbs back in june after 3 months of not deadlifting and 20lb weightloss. Previous best was 405x3 at about 205lbs. I’m just getting into powerlifting training this summer and am on my third cycle of 5/3/1. I’ve been crushing my deadlift pr’s every week. Last week I hit 325 for 20 reps at 184lbs. looking to get 355 for atleast 15 tomorrow. Goal is to have hit atleast 500lbs by christmas at 185lbs or less.

i’m in! i lift multi ply so i probably won’t test my raw max all that often. might have to do a raw meet sooner or later to test it out