Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

[quote]Ptt451 wrote:
Hit my first 495 as a birthday present last week. Wish this thread had been made about a month ago to push me further. [/quote]

What? Its been around for ages.

Pulled 200kg again on Sunday night. I’ve now pulled it as many times as I’ve failed on it 3/3. Hoping that adding some heavy singles into my 5/3/1 will help bring it up.

Just pulled 525

im in(a little late maybe) hit 365x10 last week, last wave of juggernaut, hope to get to 500 by the end of my second cycle on juggernaut

I’ll join. Got 405 a couple weeks ago.

I took the last month to go thru Front Squat and Back Squat PR cycles but did not DL and was delighted to see this get bumped as my training coes back around. Im on a deload week where i leg press, leg curl, prehab stuff and basically do machines that wont stress my low back for a few days, and I think by Wed~ish I will be dying to up my 455 to 495 off the floor.

Im thinking 405, 435, 465, 495 unless I feel like superman and skip steps, Im also lifing at a gym with much nicer bars compared to the mickey mouse shit i was using before, so that will be nice

[quote]xfactor3236 wrote:
im in(a little late maybe) hit 365x10 last week, last wave of juggernaut, hope to get to 500 by the end of my second cycle on juggernaut[/quote]

Never too late!

I’m the one who started the damned thread and I’m still 20lb away. Hopefully in 4 weeks.

I guess you can count this as 1 or 3, dependent on the fact whether or not you count touch and go reps

Holy shit I focused on Back Squats for a week or two, then Front Squats, then had a deload. I went into the gym two days ago hoping for some deload magic and I only got 405 and missed the 455 I got a month back. I pulled 405 a second time and moved on to military press and pull ups in disgust.

So much disgust that I had a short leg press and incline bench throw away session the next day, and today I went in and did triples on the DL up to 365, another single at 405, and then 10 reps at 225. I decided I am going to try to get more reps in because my 1RM has gotten way high vs my 3,5,8,10RM and hopefully if I bring those up it will help me all around. Plus maybe the TUT on my grip will help me get the CoC#3, which is the other thorn in my side right now haha.

Tomorrow I dont think I will be able to move, but I am also going to start doing mid-shin pulls, since I can get it off the ground pretty well and then it just stops. I am starting to suspect my hamstrings have a role in this since I full squat high bar and my ass to grass squat is rapidly catching up to my DL and not carrying over as much as I think it should.

I like box front squats for leg drive. GMs and rdls among others for keeping my back straight and improving hip drive past the knees. Helped me get a PR of 475 a little over a month ago.

I think the GM/RDLs would help me. I have a rough time getting good form on them so I nearly always leave them out - i think its a “long torso” thing. Maybe Ill throw some in, even if the weight is ego-crushing lol. It definitely feels like my legs start out “YES YES YES” and my back says “OK OK NOOOOOO!”

[quote]milktruck wrote:
I think the GM/RDLs would help me. I have a rough time getting good form on them so I nearly always leave them out - i think its a “long torso” thing. Maybe Ill throw some in, even if the weight is ego-crushing lol. It definitely feels like my legs start out “YES YES YES” and my back says “OK OK NOOOOOO!”[/quote]
Something to bare in mind is even squatting 3/4x a week (or more) deadlifting once a week using for a few speedy singles at around 80% of your max or so will do a lot to maintain form in the lift. I ran smolov base for squat with no deadlifting and missed a figure below my normal max, then ran smolov intense (3x a week squatting) with 1x a week deadlifting at around 400lb and upon completing smolov intense nailed what was then a PR at 485 straight after hitting a squat pr.

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:
I think the GM/RDLs would help me. I have a rough time getting good form on them so I nearly always leave them out - i think its a “long torso” thing. Maybe Ill throw some in, even if the weight is ego-crushing lol. It definitely feels like my legs start out “YES YES YES” and my back says “OK OK NOOOOOO!”[/quote]
Something to bare in mind is even squatting 3/4x a week (or more) deadlifting once a week using for a few speedy singles at around 80% of your max or so will do a lot to maintain form in the lift. I ran smolov base for squat with no deadlifting and missed a figure below my normal max, then ran smolov intense (3x a week squatting) with 1x a week deadlifting at around 400lb and upon completing smolov intense nailed what was then a PR at 485 straight after hitting a squat pr. [/quote]

See that is almost what I did and what I had hoped would happen. I hit 405 like 2 years+ ago and left it at that. Then got my full squat up to 405 and hoped I would magically be able to pull better like you did, but no luck.

My form is just bad on GM/RDLs, not the DL.

Oh man, I did some mid-shin pulls today, working up to 365 for 3x3, and it felt so right, like I was hitting everything that was failing me before.

Then I did some leg curls and leg presses for shits and grins. Ive now worked out 4 days straight full body and pulled for 3 of them out of frustration. If I dont hit the wall tomorrow I will go heavy on a press and try some light GMs haha.

Guess I’ll hop back in for double overhand SLDL

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Guess I’ll hop back in for double overhand SLDL[/quote]
go hook grip unless you have incredibly strong grip or you mean strapped

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
go hook grip unless you have incredibly strong grip or you mean strapped [/quote]
just regular DOH brah

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
go hook grip unless you have incredibly strong grip or you mean strapped [/quote]
just regular DOH brah[/quote]
damn u

Hit 410 about two weeks ago. I’m looking to improve my form and hopefully pull 435 or more at my meet in July. I’d like to pull the big 5 plates by the end of the year.

Also looking to switch from conventional to sumo.

CS

ive always deadlifted sumo, deadlifting conventionally just feels wrong and uncomfortable to me. im also very hit and miss with it, my pb is 205kg (450lbs) which i did at a charity strength competition at my gym. no vid unfortunately but there is a good pic of me about to rip it off the floor complete with gurning face.

sadly that proper standard oly bar is no more, it was removed from the gym for ‘safety reasons’ and replaced with a couple of cheap and nasty, already falling apart things with poor knurling and thicker bars so ive not since been able to replicate my 205. might get back into it though and see where im at by the end of the year.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Hit 410 about two weeks ago. I’m looking to improve my form and hopefully pull 435 or more at my meet in July. I’d like to pull the big 5 plates by the end of the year.

Also looking to switch from conventional to sumo.

CS[/quote]
you sticking to regular sized plates right now?