Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

climbing back up. Hit 2 sets of 1 rep @ 435. Bodyweight still at 197. F- this is going to be a long summer getting to 5 plates by Halloween ; (

I’m in. Pulled 370x4 yesterday. Projected 420ish max i think, but don’t go for singles often. Hoping to get 495 as fast as possible. Pulling conventional, running High Frequency Strength Work 4x a week, with one ‘heavy’ day of DL’ing in the 3-5 rep range once a week.

I’m done! Pulled 230kg(507) easy last week when testing my max. Probably could have got more but was happy with a big 20kg pr.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:
I’m done! Pulled 230kg(507) easy last week when testing my max. Probably could have got more but was happy with a big 20kg pr. [/quote]

Nice… 20kg PR is huge!

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:

[quote]The Rattler wrote:
I’m done! Pulled 230kg(507) easy last week when testing my max. Probably could have got more but was happy with a big 20kg pr. [/quote]

Nice… 20kg PR is huge![/quote]

Thanks man. Last time I maxed was first/second time deadlifting after no weights during my school’s rugby season due to injury. I hit 210kg for a very messy rep and 3 cycles of 531 has got me back on track.

I’m in - pulled 200kg/440lb for 1 and 162kg/355lb for ten.

485 last week

just hit 230kg or 506~lbs last week

I’n in, pulled 220kg a couple of weeks ago - vid in log

440 with straps about a month ago, don’t DL heavy very often, I imagine I can get it by October. Goals by then 495 DL, 350 BP, 400 squat.

[quote]milktruck wrote:
WEEK 1: My first day back DLing regularly went well today. Ive been sick for like 14 of the past 20 days and just got back in the gym, and hit 425 for 1. My legs are strong and I can rip it off the floor but the lockout is gonna be the weak point moving forward. Funny I had the opposite situation back when I brought my DL up to 405.

I am not looking forward to walking tomorrow.[/quote]

WEEK 2: Felt like I was more back in the swing of things after my illness, but still only got 425 for a single, but easier than last week, and failed on 445. I am worried my hands were the limiting factor because the bar I am using is pretty brutal on my skin which hasnt been deadlifting. I also did some gripper work before to “test my CNS” (ok I just leave them on my coffee table and cant help myself so my grip is usually overtrained) which is not nice to your hands either. Hopefully will toughen up quick.

To prevent this from coming up again, next week I wont try to match last weeks PR of 425, but set up the progression to skip it, like 365, 405, 435.

Tripled 500 today, felt real good and should have went for a fourth rep. Not bad for only 4 months back at it after 2 years off.

Best so far is 445x1 @ 185. Hook grip. Getting there.

I wont attempt deadlifts where im grinding the weight for like 5 minutes trying to lock it out.

^^^ With hook grip. Nice. I can pull to about 170ish with hook grip for singles before I want to cut my thumbs off. I can’t rep with hook grip either, really bangs my hands up.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
^^^ With hook grip. Nice. I can pull to about 170ish with hook grip for singles before I want to cut my thumbs off. I can’t rep with hook grip either, really bangs my hands up. [/quote]

I’ve never tried it but I’m fairly sure my baby hands couldn’t manage it around the bar!

Recently hit 405 so guess I’m upgrading threads lol. Hit 325x10 two days ago. Hopefully I’ll reach 500 by end of year.

Hit my first 495 as a birthday present last week. Wish this thread had been made about a month ago to push me further.

[quote]milktruck wrote:

WEEK 1: My first day back DLing regularly went well today. Ive been sick for like 14 of the past 20 days and just got back in the gym, and hit 425 for 1. My legs are strong and I can rip it off the floor but the lockout is gonna be the weak point moving forward. Funny I had the opposite situation back when I brought my DL up to 405.

I am not looking forward to walking tomorrow.

WEEK 2: Felt like I was more back in the swing of things after my illness, but still only got 425 for a single, but easier than last week, and failed on 445. I am worried my hands were the limiting factor because the bar I am using is pretty brutal on my skin which hasnt been deadlifting. I also did some gripper work before to “test my CNS” (ok I just leave them on my coffee table and cant help myself so my grip is usually overtrained) which is not nice to your hands either. Hopefully will toughen up quick.

To prevent this from coming up again, next week I wont try to match last weeks PR of 425, but set up the progression to skip it, like 365, 405, 435.[/quote]

WEEK 3: Lifted AM and gt 405x1. Felt really weak. I hate lifting AM but I live at my desk so sometimes its all Ive got. I think sleeping in another hour does me better than the shitty AM workouts Ive had. I spent the next week thinking I had AIDS and was getting weaker every day. I did some front squats for sets of 5 or so at 225, some hip thrusts with no weight, and left. I drew up the details of the next workout I wanted to do when this one stopped working, but figured Id give it more time.

WEEK 4: PM workout. I was convinced of my ebola, that I had ripped a tendon in my thumb, that the bars were too shitty at my shitty-but-awesome-for-an-apartment-gym gym, that 500lbs really was a lot of weight, and that my job had eaten my CNS. I took extra special care to ramp up slowly, even stopping at 185. Some young skinny kid I had never seen before was chilling like I do when there are squat rack curlers, so I let him work in since he was squatting and it made me take my time. 315, 365, 405 no problem, but felt a little heavier than I expected. 435, got it, had some left to my surprise. 455, SMASHED IT to tie my PR. I was so happy to be progressing on DL that I did 3x3 at 315 before it felt pointless. In my joy I didnt want to do anything else, so I dicked around for about 5 mins and left.

It felt like the Wizard of Oz. “milktruck, you had the strength to rip 455 off the floor all along! you just had to take your time, fire up your CNS, and trust the process you impatient pussy!”

Chasing 495 now! Last pull was 450 conventional (BW @ 165).

465 @ 170lbs. Won’t be long now.