Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

Hit 500 2 weeks ago but hitched it like crazy. I foresee myself hitting it within a month with good from. Count me in on this race

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Is the upper back rounding thing different for sumo? I’ve always tried to pull my upper back as far back as I can to get a good arch in the lower back and to keep the weight from getting in front of me.[/quote]

Watch Konstantinovs deadlift, it seems like tall people with long torsos tend to round their upper backs in a lot of cases on conventional deadlifts. Sumo, no.

Anybody else who’s weak off the floor notice that they’re even weaker at pulling from mid shin?

Did 305 50chain x 3 and 345 50cx1 yesterday compared to 455x1 from the floor.

I’m in, current is 440lbs/200kg conventional. Do we need a video when we make the magical 5 plate pull?

[quote]Emelianenko wrote:
I’m in, current is 440lbs/200kg conventional. Do we need a video when we make the magical 5 plate pull?[/quote]

You don’t NEED one but do it if your able to.

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
Anybody else who’s weak off the floor notice that they’re even weaker at pulling from mid shin?

Did 305 50chain x 3 and 345 50cx1 yesterday compared to 455x1 from the floor.[/quote]

I don’t film myself (no training partner), but today I pulled 455x1. The bar had great speed, and my grip was rock-steady at the top. I held it there, too, for about 5 seconds before releasing it.

I have been doing speed work for a few months now on a 5/3/1 WSBB hybrid (basically 5/3/1 with DE work integrated into it), and I switched from conventional to sumo in this last cycle. This was a sumo pull.

I wore a belt for my pull, but normally do my work beltless, and strapless.

Duo joining the race here! pre-injury i was at a 490lbs conventional deadlift,now i have a hard time with 460lbs.

Doing the Rippetoe for 2months and then 5.3.1

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Emelianenko wrote:
I’m in, current is 440lbs/200kg conventional. Do we need a video when we make the magical 5 plate pull?[/quote]

You don’t NEED one but do it if your able to.[/quote]

Ah surely one has to be accountable in a race … videos are banned in my gym but i found someone working there willing to video my Squat & Dl.

Or else the INTERNET would take over and everyone would be 900/1000/1100 lb lifts

-Steve

It might be a “race”, but I don’t see much competition-only a group of people with similar goals who are sharing the experience with each other.

The last thing I’m here to do is to take credit for something I haven’t done. I am an individual, only accountable to myself, and not a group of relatively anonymous internet users.

To those who post videos: Awesome!
To those that don’t (including myself): To thine ownself be true!

/rant

[quote]GaWd wrote:
It might be a “race”, but I don’t see much competition-only a group of people with similar goals who are sharing the experience with each other.

The last thing I’m here to do is to take credit for something I haven’t done. I am an individual, only accountable to myself, and not a group of relatively anonymous internet users.

To those who post videos: Awesome!
To those that don’t (including myself): To thine ownself be true!

/rant[/quote]

Yep, I think someone else posted this before but the title says “Quest” not a race or competition. No reason to lie about your numbers here. Plus everyone has a different starting point so it wouldn’t be a fair race anyway.

I’m in. Most I’ve ever pulled is 475, but I think i can get at least 485. Last time i did a ME pull from the floor i did the 475 and it had okay bar speed, so i got gung ho and jumped to 500. I moved it, but only inches.

2 Weeks ago 385x7 (was going for 9 but sucked). Today was 405x7 for +2 rep PR.

Standing on a plate 415+50lbs of chains. This was after a miss at 425. The mid-shin portion grinded on for what seemed like forever and then the pushing my hips through at the top took a while too.

Moved to a new garage. The weights will not tolerate the cement floor. DL on hold till I get a proper rubber mat that can do shock absorption.

I’m in. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I did 445. In February I had a major injury that had me sidelined for 6 months. My hamstring, adductor magnus, and piriformis had grade 2 tears (my leg was a nice shade of purple for quite a while. In mid August I started doing 5/3/1, and have made great improvements in my squat and dl from where I was 10 months ago. I WILL have a 500lb deadlift in April!

P.S. I realize that I dropped the weight, which may make me seem like a douche, but it felt amazing to pull that weight again after not even being able to bend over and tie my shoe 10 months ago. I got caught up in the moment!

Yea I’m in. 405 for a triple at the moment. Let’s see where I’ll go. Haha, might be a while.

deadlift day today! session’s going to be like this;
5*405

adding ten pounds every week.

ps;old video of 490x1 before injury.

back from the gym.
couldnt do 405x5 in a row,did 3x405 and 2x405

did set a new PR on front squat though!

Really disappointing day. I got a 405 pull easy. Tried 455… wouldn’t budge… tried 435 (what I came into beginning of thread). I couldn’t get that up either…

Kinda strange considering I got a 415 50lb chain a 2-2.5 deficit not long ago.

Does this just sound like a bad day to ya’ll? The only other thing I can think of is that I’ve been neglecting gm supplementary work.