T Nation

Join the Quest for a 495lb Deadlift!

After seeing the progress of some of the people in the 'Join the quest for 405lb deadlift, I thought I would start a thread about 495lb deadlift.

To start, I've last tested at a 435 sumo 3 months ago. I've been focusing hard on squats for the past 3 months, but I need a change of pace so I'm going to start doing some more pulls. If my body can take it, I'm going to do a 1:1 ration of ME Squats to Deads. I'll keep posting mini goals (i.e. 4wheels+quarter, 4wheels+35, etc)

And best of luck to those who would like to join me.

I'm in. current gym best is 425 conventional. any rules on conditions under which the lift must be done?

just got my first 5 plate pull this tuesday. i decided to just go for the 500 though seeing as it's only a couple 2.5's. It felt good, no vid unfortunately. It was quick off the floor but felt like it took forever to lock out. Good luck on your goals!

Rules...

No straps (this is a PL forum after-all). No suit. Wraps allowed (tried them, never could figure out why people like to use them on pulls). Chalk to you hearts desire.

ok so
not allowed
suit, straps

allowed
chalk, wraps, belt?

Yep.

hmm, extra points for conventional?

YEEEE IM SO DOWN!!!!

JUST GOT 405 LB COUPLE WEEKS AGO..SO I THINK IT'LL BE A LONG PROGRESS TOWARDS 495 BUT IM HEADSTRONG AND WILL TRY MY BEST TO GET THAT EPIC 5 PLATE DEADLIFT.

In.

There should be a 300lb version of this for girls...

Im in last pull was 480 about 2 weeks ago, i have to increase my cardio for my job so it may take me a couple months to get those last 15lbs.

Everything goes well tonight and I should get it today. Actually hope to try for 500lbs today. We will see.

Most of the chicks that visit this particular subforum probably wouldn't warm up with 300....

i need to post a video

In. Did 475 yesterday.

in. did 202,5 kg last week (=445lbs) without a belt, sumo stance @181lbs. might take some time to get to 495 cause i dont plan on gaining weight. i thought about trying the coan/philippi-dl-routine, starting in january 2011 and hope it gets me there!

Nice pull
My best so far is 435, only progressed like 10 lbs in 8 months. However my squat and bench have gone up.

I'm in. I've done deads probably less than 20 times in my life but feel like I'm fairly good at 'em naturally. Did 425lbs yesterday and feel like I'm good for 445-ish. My goal is 5-hundo by spring while weighing no more than 185lbs. Anybody up for some friendly competition?

Internet cool points. The best kind of points out there!

I'm in, I did 435lbs 2 weeks ago and so I decided I may try for 455lbs and I didn't get it. It could be because I always test my deadlift at the end of my workout but oh well. I want to get 495lbs by 2011.