Join the Quest for a 315 Bench

Hmmm can I get in on this but for close grip bench? I don’t really ever do regular bench.
My goal is a 315 CGBP by March! This may not even happen for me because I still have some weight I’d like to lose but whatever.

Weight: 222
CGBP: 286x3

I’m in. I did my 3RM tests for HP Mass 2 weeks ago and got 255 X 3, then went for a 1RM

275 X 1 (after 255 X 3)

I’d like to get 315 before the end of spring semester at KU.

Ok I’m out. Got the 315 close grip bench for one rep yesterday.

max bench around 225-230, am i strong enough for 5/3/1? i stalled for a while because i was just going for max attempts all the time, and am now back on ws4sb.

5/3/1 is going great for my box squat, but my 1rm was 335 before starting.

what’s your guys’ programming like?

I’ll get in this, although I’m pretty far away. We’ll see how long it takes me

Weight: 142
height: 5’7"
Current: 215x1

So 100lbs to put onto that. Been lifting since 14, although hasn’t been as smart and organized as now. Currently I’m doing a 5x5 type program for bench and am trying to stay within 148lbs since I want to shoot for beating some powerlifting records in my class somewhat soon.

Definitely in.

24yo, 195-200lbs @ 5’10" 2.5years ‘working out’ 1 year training, 265cgbp

I’m hammering my midpoint at the moment b/c it’s so damned weak. Using Westside BB template as written.

let’s do this!!
right now i’m 171 lbs 19 years old bench 265 bench

In.

26 years old
205 lbs.
Lifting seriously for size for about 8 months.
Max - 225 x 6

Using 5/3/1 hoping to get to 315 by my birthday in Aug. Just about to start a cut, so it will be interesting to see how my bench is affected.

[quote]Im_New_Feed_Me wrote:
In.

26 years old
205 lbs.
Max - 225 x 6

Using 5/3/1 hoping to get to 315 by my birthday in Aug. Just about to start a cut, so it will be interesting to see how my bench is affected.
[/quote]
Do you cut while on 5/3/1? I’ve thought about doing that for awhile.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]Im_New_Feed_Me wrote:
In.

26 years old
205 lbs.
Max - 225 x 6

[/quote]
Do you cut while on 5/3/1? I’ve thought about doing that for awhile. [/quote]

Definitely. My strength routine wont change much at all, just the food. And maybe I should add in a bit of cardio - since I have really been slacking off in that sense recently. As in… I haven’t moved very much except to get to the fridge.

Still getting back into the swing of things after being ill for over a month. Last week, 215x5 was damned hard. This week, 220x5 was much easier. Hit 242.5x5 just before getting sick, so hopefully it won’t take me too long to get back up there and start hitting PR’s again. I haven’t taken this long of a break since I started, so I’m a bit nervous about how much strength I lost.

I hit 286 again this week to make sure it wasn’t just a fluke of a good day last week.
Also this week hit 264 x 4 which is a 3 PR!

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I hit 286 again this week to make sure it wasn’t just a fluke of a good day last week.
Also this week hit 264 x 4 which is a 3 PR![/quote]
Good going, D. Keep the progress coming!

225x5 was an ‘easy’ top set this week. Pretty sure I could’ve gotten it for 7. Another couple of weeks and I should be back up to where I was. Gonna keep it steady, though. I always seem to screw myself by getting in a hurry and jumping ahead.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
Also this week hit 264 x 4 which is a 3 PR![/quote]
Good going, D. Keep the progress coming!

225x5 was an ‘easy’ top set this week. Pretty sure I could’ve gotten it for 7. Another couple of weeks and I should be back up to where I was. Gonna keep it steady, though. I always seem to screw myself by getting in a hurry and jumping ahead.[/quote]

Nice dude, yeah I mean sometimes you feel like you can pump another rep or two but there’s no point being a hero if you’re not 100% your gonna dominate it.
If you don’t mind me asking what happend to you since you mentioned that your trying to get ‘back’ to where you were?

Stayed sick for almost a month and a half. Stomach virus hit me first, then a respiratory virus, then a cold with a sinus infection. Tried to train a few times during all that and it just wasn’t happening.

My knee started bothering me again and my insomnia came back, too (from not training). I was damn sure ready to get back to lifting.

Jeeeeesus dude thats hectic!
Hope you bounce right back into it! :slight_smile:

I’m going to hop on this one as my bench is awful my stats are;
Height 5’6"
weight 182lbs
bf 9-10%
age 23
squat 400lbs
bench 264x3
dead 539
First meet 27 March 2011,already competed in a strongman dead lift challenge;came second out of 8.
Been training seriously for strength for 2 years now.

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
Jeeeeesus dude thats hectic!
Hope you bounce right back into it! :)[/quote]
So far so good. Thanks for the support

Hit 11 reps at 225. According to various online one rep max calculators, I should be able to do 315 with a 12 rep max at 225. We’ll see how accurate the calculators really are…

Hit 250x4 this week. My recovery went well, and I started PR’ing almost all my lifts again a couple weeks ago. Hoping for 260x3 next week.

How are you guys coming along?