T Nation

Join the Marines

I’m considering joining the Marines. I’m 18 in 4 months. Anybody here a Marine? How is/was your experience?

My plan is to get in there for 4 years and get my shit together and come out with some money saved, future education paid for, and some basic respect amongst society.
Thoughts?
Thank you,

Aren’t you a drug dealer?

[quote]Artem wrote:
and some basic respect amongst society.
[/quote]

Yeah, wonder why you don’t have it now…

He’s just trying to get over to Afghanistan to score some opium.

[quote]Artem wrote:
I’m considering joining the Marines. I’m 18 in 4 months. Anybody here a Marine? How is/was your experience?

My plan is to get in there for 4 years and get my shit together and come out with some money saved, future education paid for, and some basic respect amongst society.
Thoughts?
Thank you,[/quote]

Boot Camp is fun! They yell at you sometimes, but always apologize. At night you get to play Xbox and drink soda.

Do it !!

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]Artem wrote:

Thoughts?
Thank you,[/quote]

Boot Camp is fun! They yell at you sometimes, but always apologize. At night you get to play Xbox and drink soda.

Do it !![/quote]

LOL
sounds about right once you get out of MCT/SOI tho…

[quote]Artem wrote:

Thoughts?
Thank you,[/quote]

Do it !![/quote]

yep, and its not really 3 months, its only 1, the other two are just circle jerks and happy fun time.

[quote]Artem wrote:

Thoughts?
Thank you,[/quote]

If you want to get your shit together, join the Air Force… most marines are fucked up one way or another by the time 4 years is up.

[quote]Tyrant wrote:

[quote]Artem wrote:

Thoughts?
Thank you,[/quote]

Do it !![/quote]

yep, and its not really 3 months, its only 1, the other two are just circle jerks and happy fun time.
[/quote]

That “sir” shit is overrated too. They’re not officers!

Call the DI’s by their ranks, they respect you for it.

You guys are hilarious. I’ve met a lot of Marines and a large percentage do not re-up after 4 years. The other branches seem better suited for a 20 year career.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Aren’t you a drug dealer?[/quote]
Was, a while ago. It’s a long story. Pushed for like a year. Police came to my house said it’s a designated drug house and they’re coming back with a warrant. So I pushed it all off cheap that night and quit. Chilled on the money for a while, while in college. Spent most of it on college, plane tickets, recording equipment, clothes, shades, and other unnecessary shit.

Anyways, fast forward a few months. Artem thinks he’s invincible, still, and goes and gets arrested twice in the same night; they were straight fucking with me, I swear. Because they know what car I drive. Like half of the charges will be dropped, but I am still in serious need for money right now. And my next college semester is coming up.

So I’m applying at every job in sight right now and not spending money on shit. Really don’t want to have to start pushing again to come up with this lawyer money because that shit will end poorly.

I’ve just looked over my life lately. I’m almost an adult and while I may think I have a ton of potential/be the shit, I have nothing legitimate to show for my life so far. And I’m just tired of my life right now. This shit is stale and it bores me. I want to get the fuck out of here. Joining the Marines looks like a great option right now.

Now, could we please turn page 2 of this thread into a serious page, rather than a make fun of Artem and exchange inside jokes thread?

HolyMac and Hungry4more are marines, go ask them. They would probably give you some good perspective, the only drawback is they won’t shut up about how “awesome” their group showers are

Isn’t HolyMac in the Army?

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
Isn’t HolyMac in the Army?[/quote]

Yes.

Why the Marines, Artem?

I hope you take this seriously and don’t half-ass it. Either way, good luck.

Join the reserves, that’ll give you 28 days a month to “get your shit together” and 2 days a month to train and do hard work. It’s not daycare man…

im a Marine. did my first enlistment and then decided to do another 4 years. im getting out once my 8 are done though. its a good expirience. its not all what you think it is though. i would say join the airforce. my brother followed that advice and he loves it.

and you can take college courses for free while you are active duty. its harder to do in the Marines though. If you want to join, my advice is join the airforce. save your money and take as much college as possible while you are on active duty.

then when you get out you are well on your way to a degree, got money in the bank and still have your whole GI bill left. or do your 20 years and retire. you might really like it once you are there. good luck to you

[quote]Artem wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Was, a while ago. It’s a long story. Pushed for like a year. Police came to my house said it’s a designated drug house and they’re coming back with a warrant. So I pushed it all off cheap that night and quit. Chilled on the money for a while, while in college. Spent most of it on college, plane tickets, recording equipment, clothes, shades, and other unnecessary shit.

Anyways, fast forward a few months. Artem thinks he’s invincible, still, and goes and gets arrested twice in the same night; they were straight fucking with me, I swear. Because they know what car I drive. Like half of the charges will be dropped, but I am still in serious need for money right now. And my next college semester is coming up.

So I’m applying at every job in sight right now and not spending money on shit. Really don’t want to have to start pushing again to come up with this lawyer money because that shit will end poorly.

I’ve just looked over my life lately. I’m almost an adult and while I may think I have a ton of potential/be the shit, I have nothing legitimate to show for my life so far. And I’m just tired of my life right now. This shit is stale and it bores me. I want to get the fuck out of here. Joining the Marines looks like a great option right now.

Now, could we please turn page 2 of this thread into a serious page, rather than a make fun of Artem and exchange inside jokes thread?[/quote]

read my posts, if you want stability and an environment to get your shit together the Air Force is probably the better option. Plus more money. And women. Nice people.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
Isn’t HolyMac in the Army?[/quote]

Yes.[/quote]
My bad, I never get into chit chat with Hmac. It never gets past “hi I’m here for the gangbang”

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

[quote]Artem wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Now, could we please turn page 2 of this thread into a serious page, rather than a make fun of Artem and exchange inside jokes thread?[/quote]

read my posts, if you want stability and an environment to get your shit together the Air Force is probably the better option. Plus more money. And women. Nice people.[/quote]

your totally right