Johnson Thinks He Can Beat Bolt

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-johnsonvsginn&prov=ap&type=lgns

What a cocky dumbass. I don’t care what distance it is. Bolt would smoke him.

LOL

LOL thats awesome.

I’d love to see some NFL’ers race after talking shit like that.

Like the Donovan Baily/Michael Johnson 150m race from back in the day.

Lmao, that’s hilarious that a football player thinks he can beat an olympic athlete at his own sport. Even IF this Johnson guy (I don’t follow football) could beat Bolt speedwise, I think he’d have a tough time matching his reaction time off the start.

Levrone could beat them both, I think.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Levrone could beat them both, I think.[/quote]
I forget who levrone raced (he was claiming he could beat some top speed athlete), but he got smoked.

Although I think you knew that, Mr. Nimmo.

He is fast, and he would beat Ginn Jr, but he’s smoking some good shit if he thinks he could touch Bolt.

V

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
I forget who levrone raced (he was claiming he could beat some top speed athlete), but he got smoked.

Although I think you knew that, Mr. Nimmo.[/quote]

Haha. Mr. Nimmo.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

He is fast, and he would beat Ginn Jr, but he’s smoking some good shit if he thinks he could touch Bolt.

V[/quote]
It must be good stuff if he is able to pass the drug tests. Gives you the results without the consequences.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

Although I think you knew that, Mr. Nimmo.[/quote]

Haha, indeed, Larry. Just glad someone got the joke.

Not saying he could beat him… But there is randomly gifted people in every sport. Hes obviously fast… who really knows what his real 100m is and what a little bit of training would do. He’s reaching for the skys… needs to slow down a bit then I would actually be curious to his actual times

Dude I would smoke Kevin Levrone. Sheesh!

V

[quote]Amiright wrote:
Not saying he could beat him… But there is randomly gifted people in every sport. Hes obviously fast… who really knows what his real 100m is and what a little bit of training would do. He’s reaching for the skys… needs to slow down a bit then I would actually be curious to his actual times [/quote]

No he cannot beat bolt. It’s really not debateable. If you took the top 10 fastest people before Bolt, the previous 10 record holders, including Ben Johnson, Chris johnson would get smoked by them. Bolt would smoke those 10 head to head by what would seem like an unimaginable margin, I don’t even thin CJ would be within 4 or 5 strides of bolt, Maybe more.

V

Just a reminder of who we are talking about here.

V

Agreed. No way in hell does Chris Johnson even come close to Usain Bolt. Having said that, IF he were to somehow get close to him, it would be in the 50. At least he got that part of the statement right. Vick in his prime would also have beaten Johnson (Vick ran faster than a 4.24 at the combine). Bottom line, Johnson should worry about breaking 2,000 and less about personal glory of a nonexistent stat.

It would be stupid of Johnson to race 50 meters, let alone 100.

15 yards would be more interesting.

Even there, it is likely that Johnson over-estimates his quickness due to the difference between hand-timing versus electronic.

NFL players aren’t really required to run 100m at once normally in their sport. I think there are several NFL guys that should they ever switch sports and really train for the 100m dash would reach respectable and maybe elite levels. At shorter distances [less than 40m] I would imagine some NFL guys would already be close to elite as it is, although I remember Donovan Bailey saying he had something like a 3.8 second 40m sprint, so I dunno. Still no way this guy is even close to Bolt, the top 10 fastest sprinters ever, or even just the top 10 sprinters of today.

Great music on the last highlight video btw :).

I think it would be closer then you guys think. If you read the article you’d notice that he was talking about the 50. It was crowder that said he could keep up in the 100, which is obviously false. But you have to remember that the 100m is more about maintaining top speed and that is what bolt is the best at. Sometimes he is even behind at the 50m mark then blows everyone else by. So bolt would not be the world record holder in the 50. Two entirely different type of events. That said they’re both freaks

Obviously, in such a short yardage sprint, Bolt couldn’t blow him out. Nonetheless, money, it would be extremely decisive. Bolt’s stride length alone would ensure him a comfortable victory. Also, it’s irrelevant about the fact that Bolt is “sometimes behind after 50” for two reasons…1.) Those are other world class sprinters, not nfl running backs beating him temporarily and 2.)Bolt runs his race that way for a reason (he knows when to shift into what gear, etc., much more strategy goes into a 100 than the average person speculates). Agreed they’re both phenoms; however, anyone who doubts Bolt’s ability to blow a nfl runningback out of the water in a foot race has obviously never watched him run. That would be like saying Bolt might be better with a football in his hands. No fucking way. Johnson would be better with a football in his hands. It’s what he does. It’s his career.

he could outrun bolt through a NFL defense.