Johnny Cochran: Dead at 67

Why in the Political Section?

For better or worse, the whole OJ trial (and the Rodney King episode)simply brought to the surface a political and/or social divide that had been simmering “under the surface” for quite some time, especially as it relates to how Blacks and Whites view the Legal System differently…and how it delivers Justice.

One thing is for sure…when the name Johnny “if-it-don’t-fit…you-MUST-acquit” Cochran is mentioned…there is NO nutrality…you either loved him or hated him…or you thought he was brillant OR just one other buffoon who knew how to manipulate the Legal System…

Either way…I’d like the Nations thoughts on the guy…

Mufasa

Who gives a rat’s ass?

I’ll bet I know the Browns and Goldmans opinion of him.

He did some good. He also helped a lot of shady and evil people.

I think he was a bit of a dirtbag, but he was entertaining.

I’ll say it again…

There is no nutrality when it comes to Johnny Cochran…

(It would be interesting to hear the Goldman’s opinions…but my feeling is they have moved on as best they could…)

Mufasa

I think he is like most lawyers. Smarter than the average guy, and will do about anything for a buck. Let’s face it OJ killed his former wife and her friend.

May he rest in peace.

did he not help that wrongly accused ex black panther to gain his freedom. for that 1 thing he should be remembered. a wrongful imprisonment must be the hardest thing to live with.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

I am glad he’s dead.

Interesting…

The variety of opinions here have been almost the same as I’ve heard at work…

Again…NOBODY at work was neutral…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Interesting…

The variety of opinions here have been almost the same as I’ve heard at work…

Again…NOBODY at work was neutral…

Mufasa[/quote]

I’m neutral. I don’t like, nor do I dislike, Cochran. I don’t see how anyone could “hate” him though. No matter who the defendant is nor how guilty he or she obviously is, if you really believe that that person should not have counsel that defends them to the fullest extent possible then you really just don’t get it.