Johnny Carson Has Died

MSNBC is reporting that Johnny Carson has died of emphysema.

Sad, but I can hear Saint Peter now, “Heeeeeeer’s Johnny!”

Couldn’t have lived a better life than entertaining millions that he did, RIP Johnny, thanks for the laughs.

He was great! He was also a long time smoker, lesson to be learned.

I remember begging to stay up and watch the Tonight Show. Most of the time I lost my plea and had to go to bed.

I can remember hearing my dad laughing at Johnny down the hall in the living room as I would try to fall asleep.

He’ll be missed.

One of the giants of TV entertainment. New Year’s Eve, when I was child, was all about being allowed to stay up and watch Johnny. What a class act.

Nothing against Leno or Letterman, but neither could ever replace the king of late night comedy. Carson was the best of the best!

He was a legend.

One of his best skits:

Carson: Did you ever do anything for Mr. Palmer before a match to help his luck.

Mrs. Palmer (Arnold’s wife): Yes I used to wash his balls.

Carson: Really, I bet that made his putter stand up!

Hey it was the 60’s. That took guts and it was funny as shit…damm, how old am I.

[quote]hedo wrote:
He was a legend.

One of his best skits:

Carson: Did you ever do anything for Mr. Palmer before a match to help his luck.

Mrs. Palmer (Arnold’s wife): Yes I used to wash his balls.

Carson: Really, I bet that made his putter stand up!

Hey it was the 60’s. That took guts and it was funny as shit…damm, how old am I.[/quote]

He was later sued by the Palmers for that joke. He was the greatest.

I think it’s time I invested in some of those Best Of DVDs. Young whipper snapper that I am, I missed out on to sizeable a chunk of Carson’s career.