Johnnie Jackson Push Pull Meet

Saturday June 23rd, 2012

anyone doing it?

First I’ve heard of it, but since its 30 minutes up the road, may give it a shot. Just hate having to become a member of each federation at 30 bones a pop. I know, 30 bucks, but still! I’ll probably do it…

Still don’t understand why he keeps saying he is the world’s strongest bodybuilder when Stan Efferding actually has a WORLD RECORD in powerlifting and he doesn’t.

[quote]michael_xyz wrote:
Still don’t understand why he keeps saying he is the world’s strongest bodybuilder when Stan Efferding actually has a WORLD RECORD in powerlifting and he doesn’t.[/quote]

Maybe he thinks he’s better of a bodybuilder than Efferding? I think he’s much better, though Efferding is stronger.

[quote]louiek wrote:

Still don’t understand why he keeps saying he is the world’s strongest bodybuilder when Stan Efferding actually has a WORLD RECORD in powerlifting and he doesn’t.[/quote]

Maybe he thinks he’s better of a bodybuilder than Efferding? I think he’s much better, though Efferding is stronger.[/quote]

Bodybuilding is a beauty contest. Pro is Pro. Stan wins :). Also, Jonnie doesn’t even squat.

They’re both awesome but Stan is 300000x more awesome.

[quote]chazdaman wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:

Maybe he thinks he’s better of a bodybuilder than Efferding? I think he’s much better, though Efferding is stronger.[/quote]

Bodybuilding is a beauty contest. Pro is Pro. Stan wins :). Also, Jonnie doesn’t even squat.[/quote]

Wouldn’t know, don’t follow BB. But still, Worlds Strongest Man is just the title, even though every time some oly lifters breaks a world record the announcers always say “he’s the strongest man in the world.” Same thing with elite powerlifters who’re called “some of the strongest people in the world.” Regardless of what he actually thinks, I’m sure it’s just used as a gimmick.

I"m curious why the squat isn’t part of his contest? Anyone know?

[quote]Caltene wrote:
I"m curious why the squat isn’t part of his contest? Anyone know?[/quote]

Squatting sucks.

<---- irony

it’s bad for your knees, bro

[quote]louiek wrote:

I agree. I am sure that is the angle he is pushing. Has Efferding won any shows in bodybuilding? J is pretty much one of the ones on top right now on bodybuilding stages.

Beacause JJ doesn’t squat… so why include it in his own call-out meet?

World’s Strongest Bodybuilder?

Clown.

[quote]louiek wrote:

Whether he’s more sucessful as a bodybuilder or not is irrelevant, they’re both IFBB Pros.

Where’s he gonna draw the line of who’s worthy of calling themselves a bodybuilder or not after that? If they won an Olympia? Well, tough luck Johnnie!

JJ is just a dellusional ninja turtle. This was decided after he responded to Stan Efferding’s powerlifting videos with a shrug video.

where did you guys get your info that JOJ dosnt squat?

as far as i know he squats 825 for a single raw.

[quote]hanban wrote:

as far as i know he squats 825 for a single raw.[/quote]

He did squats in his training vids as well.

So uhh, anybody else doing the meet?..

[quote]hanban wrote:

as far as i know he squats 825 for a single raw.[/quote]

Video?

Only place I could find that number was in his, probably self written, wikipedia article.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:

I agree. I am sure that is the angle he is pushing. Has Efferding won any shows in bodybuilding? J is pretty much one of the ones on top right now on bodybuilding stages.[/quote]

ya, that seems to be it i think too. Efferding to me seems like a power lifter at heart who looks really good, and does bb shows time to time (I know he has a pro card)

jackson is 100% a competitive bber, who goes heavy on the power lifts in his training.

It’s called marketing.