John Woo's Red Cliff

I promise…I’m not trying a Jack Urboady impression…lol.

Anyways…John Woo’s Red Cliff. Something different from him. I know these type of epic Chinese war movies are not everybody’s thing…but I know some will appreciate this. Kind of reminds me of a Dynasty Warriors movie.

It’s really good.

Not sure when the US release date is, but it’s like the Chinese version of LOTR… if they only focused on the battle at the plains of Rohun, or whatever that fortress was called. If you’re into drama, make sure you see the first one. The second is just pretty sweet battle-action.

Also, those of you who played Dynasty Warriors should recognize several characters.

And the whole movie was shot for about USD 30 mil, IIRC. It’s super-fricking impressive for that, BTW.

[quote]Otep wrote:
It’s really good.

Not sure when the US release date is, but it’s like the Chinese version of LOTR… if they only focused on the battle at the plains of Rohun, or whatever that fortress was called. If you’re into drama, make sure you see the first one. The second is just pretty sweet battle-action.

Also, those of you who played Dynasty Warriors should recognize several characters.

And the whole movie was shot for about USD 30 mil, IIRC. It’s super-fricking impressive for that, BTW.[/quote]

OH,so it is based off the “Three Kingdoms?”

[quote]Otep wrote:
It’s really good.

And the whole movie was shot for about USD 30 mil, IIRC. It’s super-fricking impressive for that, BTW.[/quote]

So basically it is a Dynasty Warriors movie…or more specifically,a “Three Kingdoms” movie?

I hated the Dynasty Warriors games. This movie is probably bad ass though. As long as the men in the movie aren’t as effeminate as they are in the games.