John Rambo Trailer

[quote]Tulkastaldo wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

Ironically wasn’t Stallone teaching in Sweden during the Vietnam conflict? I like how armed with one AK-47 Rambo wiped out the entire Soviet Eastern division helo’s, tanks, infantry, while avoiding their fire.

D

He was teaching at a girls’ school in Switzerland. And enjoying every advantage of such a scenario that you can imagine.[/quote]

Yes, I imagine that would be quite the teaching assignment.

D

New Trailer Released today…

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809833626/trailer

If anyone likes movies like Rambo 2 and 3, which as described are killed 10,000 bad guys in 1.5 hours, then you’ll like Shoot Em Up. It’s a 2007 film with some big-name actors. It’s basically Clive Owen killing hundreds of bad guys while toting around a baby. It sounds dumb, but it is meant to be a completely cliche action flick, and it is pretty kick ass. Just throwing this out there for action fans.

I am pumped for this.

I hope he kills off Rambo like he said he originally wanted to do with Rocky. Looks awesome though.

Google First Blood alternate ending. I wish he went with the alternate ending.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Hey thanks for the link.

[/quote]

That was some hardcore shit! They’ve really upped the ante on the blood n’ gore factor in this one.

“Killin’ is as easy as breathin’” to Rambo.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
It’s basically Clive Owen killing hundreds of bad guys while toting around a baby.[/quote]

Isn’t that what he basically did in Children of Men?

Glad to see Clive Owen is sticking to what he’s good at: Saving babies and kicking ass.

The background of this movie, genocide of the Karen people in Burma, is real life stuff. One of those things that doesn’t make the news, even though it’s been going on for decades.

I read an article a while back, stating that when Stallone and his crew were working on this movie, they wanted a real story of a people who needed help, similar to II and III. They contacted Soldier of Fortune magazine, which has been covering the Karen situation almost from the beginning. SOF of course fed them this story, thus the movie.

As much as people laugh about the over-the-top violence and action in Rambo movies(at least II on), they have served as a sort of PSA for global issues.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
While I’m probably the biggest Rambo fan around (I’m a child of the Reagan era, of course I’m attracted to violence! duh!), I’ll say this about John Rambo: They are really reaching with the plot on this one.

Exactly! When I saw the trailer, I laughed. Not just a chuckle either, I mean, I laughed out loud for several seconds. I think they were really reaching on Rambo 3 too. I predict this movie will tank at the box office.

I’d like to see the following exchange at the end of this movie:

Col Trautman: “You did everything to make this private war happen. You’ve done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! There’s no one in the theater! It’s over Johnny. It’s over!”

Rambo: “Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don’t turn it off!”

Col Trautman: “This is a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It’s all in the past now. No more scripts, no more stories, no more movies. It dies here.”

DB[/quote]

DollarBill…holy shit!! That was funny!! Excellent work!

Although I must say I am curious to check it out.

This movie is gona rock in so many levels. It’s like the guy who wants to be in peace but everyone want’s to fuck with him and then all hell breaks loose because he loves killing…