John Rambo Trailer

Anybody see the trailer for the new rambo film?

Yes.

Hey thanks for the link.

Shit, did he just rip that guy’s larynx out?

Youtube version. Awesome.

While I’m probably the biggest Rambo fan around (I’m a child of the Reagan era, of course I’m attracted to violence! duh!), I’ll say this about John Rambo: They are really reaching with the plot on this one.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
While I’m probably the biggest Rambo fan around (I’m a child of the Reagan era, of course I’m attracted to violence! duh!), I’ll say this about John Rambo: They are really reaching with the plot on this one.[/quote]

Exactly! When I saw the trailer, I laughed. Not just a chuckle either, I mean, I laughed out loud for several seconds. I think they were really reaching on Rambo 3 too. I predict this movie will tank at the box office.

I’d like to see the following exchange at the end of this movie:

Col Trautman: “You did everything to make this private war happen. You’ve done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! There’s no one in the theater! It’s over Johnny. It’s over!”

Rambo: “Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don’t turn it off!”

Col Trautman: “This is a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It’s all in the past now. No more scripts, no more stories, no more movies. It dies here.”

DB

While I’m probably the biggest Rambo fan around (I’m a child of the Reagan era, of course I’m attracted to violence! duh!), I’ll say this about John Rambo: They are really reaching with the plot on this one.[/quote]

Well, after “First Blood” (the only movie actually based on a book) Rambo wasn’t about having a decent plot anymore. Rambo was about killing 10,000 bad guys in 1 1/2 hours. I look forward to “John Rambo” continuing this fine tradition in the name of democracy.

First Rocky then Rambo… now if he can only get Perry King and the Fonz together to do a sequel to The Lords of Flatbush!

D

I think the trailer for John Rambo looks pretty damn cool. It almost reaches back to the original book, where it was emphasized how dangerous Rambo was(he was more like Hannibal Lecter than The Fugitive in the novel)
I’ve tried to explain this to people before, but I almost like to think of Rambo II-III as fantasies Rambo is having of being an invincible hero as he sits in prison(or a psych ward) for the stunts he pulled in the first movie. They are just so different in tone from the First Blood, it’s not even funny.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:

Well, after “First Blood” (the only movie actually based on a book) Rambo wasn’t about having a decent plot anymore. Rambo was about killing 10,000 bad guys in 1 1/2 hours. I look forward to “John Rambo” continuing this fine tradition in the name of democracy.[/quote]

Regardless of how over the top Rambo II was, it still contributed an important social movement towards the sinful deeds of the Nixon administration for fucking over thousands of Vietnam POW’s left to rot. That movie got alot of people pissed off and talking back at the US government, and sparked real life Congressional Inquiries into the “myth or not” POW’s left there.

I’ll admit it, it was over the top, but still vastly entertaining! Plus, it was the second movie that Stallone took on the Soviets! (Rocky IV)

BF Bullpup wrote:

Well, after “First Blood” (the only movie actually based on a book) Rambo wasn’t about having a decent plot anymore. Rambo was about killing 10,000 bad guys in 1 1/2 hours. I look forward to “John Rambo” continuing this fine tradition in the name of democracy.

Regardless of how over the top Rambo II was, it still contributed an important social movement towards the sinful deeds of the Nixon administration for fucking over thousands of Vietnam POW’s left to rot. That movie got alot of people pissed off and talking back at the US government, and sparked real life Congressional Inquiries into the “myth or not” POW’s left there.

I’ll admit it, it was over the top, but still vastly entertaining! Plus, it was the second movie that Stallone took on the Soviets! (Rocky IV)
[/quote]

Ironically wasn’t Stallone teaching in Sweden during the Vietnam conflict? I like how armed with one AK-47 Rambo wiped out the entire Soviet Eastern division helo’s, tanks, infantry, while avoiding their fire.

D

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
While I’m probably the biggest Rambo fan around (I’m a child of the Reagan era, of course I’m attracted to violence! duh!), I’ll say this about John Rambo: They are really reaching with the plot on this one.

Well, after “First Blood” (the only movie actually based on a book) Rambo wasn’t about having a decent plot anymore. Rambo was about killing 10,000 bad guys in 1 1/2 hours. I look forward to “John Rambo” continuing this fine tradition in the name of democracy.[/quote]

fuck yeah

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

Ironically wasn’t Stallone teaching in Sweden during the Vietnam conflict? I like how armed with one AK-47 Rambo wiped out the entire Soviet Eastern division helo’s, tanks, infantry, while avoiding their fire.

D
[/quote]

He was teaching at a girls’ school in Switzerland. And enjoying every advantage of such a scenario that you can imagine.

No way. The plots of 2 and 3 were horrible. This one looks like it might actually have a plot and real character in addition to awesome violence.

Looks like it might be excellent.

I love it! That is exactly how I like my action movies–gritty, violent and over-the-top. I’m actually shocked by the level of violence in this one. I mean, decapitations and disembowelments and blowing people apart–wow.

I love a good plot, but an action movie with a compelling plot is about as rare as a golfball sized diamond. I’ll take them whenever I can get them, but I’m not holding my breath if the plot is at least present in some form.

I dunno, maybe I just have a greater capacity for willing suspension of disbelief where movies are concerned. But this looks awesome to me.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

No way. The plots of 2 and 3 were horrible. This one looks like it might actually have a plot and real character in addition to awesome violence.

Looks like it might be excellent.[/quote]

Yeah, I have to say that the plot has the possibility of being equal to First Blood. Genocide is a rather…realistic…topic at least.

im glad he made this movie and hope he continues to make movies…One I of the last true T-men out there in Hollywood…

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

Looks like it might be excellent.

Yeah, I have to say that the plot has the possibility of being equal to First Blood. Genocide is a rather…realistic…topic at least.[/quote]

I agree. When I first heard that he was doing another Rambo, I was less than enthused. After seeing the trailer though, I’m planning on watching it.

I wonder if he’ll say “Yeah, Fuck 'em!” again.