John Meadows in Hospital

Boy, that line about his not growing up with a Father, and not wanting to leave his kids in the same situation…

S

4 Likes

That whole thing resonated with me, but that part is particularly poignant.

I know his were different causes, locations, and effects, and treatment but I’ll be interested to see how he proceeds through the rehab/recovery process.

3 Likes

Heart attack schmartatac :open_mouth:

I tensed up a bit when said now i’m gonna leg press and do ‘only’ 4 plates

5 Likes

He actually looks healthier and better than ever here. Hopefully he stops the roids and just works out at a normal level.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. I was hitting 3 plates on deads literally days before mine, and a little bit against doc’s orders, but 2 & 3 plates about 2 mos. after.

The anaerobic stuff has very little to do with heart capacity. It’s on the recovery side that you get exhausted and difficulties occur.

The other thing is the moments immediately after performing an exercise when blood pressure drops. With thinners and vasodialators in your system, that can just drop you. It’s like the blood just falls right out of your head.

He’s keeping the reps up and not going crazy though, so that’s good.

3 Likes

I love when JM’s son comes on in the middle of one of JM’s videos and does one of his yo-yo tricks.

4 Likes

For some reason I can’t like your post, but I to enjoy the yo yo tricks.

Some follow up and insight from a cardiologist.

2 Likes

Saw this earlier today and was going to post. But that sucks for John. Just can’t shake the clots despite having perfect labs. Hope all ends well for him seems like a great dude. Takes balls posting all this stuff too.

1 Like

I think that was left from the initial incident.

Different circumstance, as I was in critical condition/dying, but they had me on the table and were elbow deep in my circumflex within an hour of having called the ambulance. Then after a week of recovery and a week at home they angioplastied and stented the others, which fortunately yielded a great outcome.

After seeing this I’m really greatful for the quick and decisive treatment I received.

Edit: that sounds weird. I was already greatful. Ah, it’s hard to explain. I kinda hoped his would have turned out better/less complicated.

4 Likes

No disrespect to John as I’m a big fan however when you think about how his mountain dog diet was structured with regards to health benefits.

Then you’re offsetting that with taking gear.

Guess it’s damage limitation in that respect.

I don’t think anyone is going to take that as disrespect. Safe to say that most people like John. He seems a decent guy, all bodybuilding stuff aside. Of course no one taking PEDs at the level most competitors do (especially at the pro and upper amateur levels) should be fooling themselves that it’s a healthy past time, so it’s always going to be one of those weighing the costs vs benefits type of situation. At least John tries his best to be healthy for his family. I doubt the same can be said for most pros.

S

3 Likes

Can anyone who has already watched this video summarize? I am legitimately interested/concerned, just don’t have 40+ minutes to watch a video at this moment.

1 Like

Basically his blood work is pretty much all good but he has a clot in his heart that could move down somewhere and cause problems and the lower left part is basically dead. It could come back now it has blood flow again but will take a long time.

Based on one test he had it’s been suggested he has a defibrillator installed in his chest but he isn’t so keen. The result is borderline so he’s getting a more accurate test in the coming weeks to make his final decision.

2 Likes

As Ceasium said, low left ventricular ejection fraction (a measure of pumping power/heart performance) is borderline/possibly critically low.

It’s a tricky situation, and he’s seeking the best information available to make an informed decision about possibly having a pacemaker installed.

All the while, he feels good, strong, and performs well, so getting that type of result back is pretty upsetting- understandably so, in my opinion.

1 Like

Yikes…thank you for posting.

Much appreciated. Does he speculate on causes?

He does have a blood disorder which has caused him problems in the past, but I’ve never heard any definitive cause.

1 Like

This is what they told my dad. He wasn’t so keen. Dropped dead 3 weeks later.

When his hospital visit turned out to be “not so serious”, my first worry was that, it wasn’t serious enough to elicit a serious need for change. Not that you want things to be serious, of course, but getting away with a slap on the wrist can sometimes give the illusion that it’s okay to continue on the path you were on without changing much.

8 Likes

34 posts were split to a new topic: Remembering John Meadows