John Meadows in Hospital

Apparently in hospital after suffering heart attack. Nice guy. Fingers crossed for him.

2 Likes

I saw that too. Seems like the guy was pretty conservative (for an IFBB pro), and took extra precautions. I like his videos on YouTube, and that he seems like a good family man. I enjoy his son’s yo-yo clips. Seems like a genuine good guy, hope he gets better soon.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Was just looking to add this to the post from yesterday. Hope he’s able to recover well from this. Subject being near and dear, My heart goes out to him.

5 Likes

Hope this gets resolved ASAP. Listened to all of his live QnA’s on youtube recently in entirety and have grown to really respect him more than I already did.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Hope he bounces back as well as he can

1 Like

Prayers for him and his family, like 10 years a go he was a BIG contributor on this site and helped loads of people in the forums.

Stay strong John!

4 Likes

Yeah. His tips vids on YouTube for activating different muscles are very good too.

1 Like

I’ve become a huge Meadows fan over the past several months of watching his YT videos, which have been almost a daily habit for me. I jokingly referred to him as my “guru” a few weeks ago. The wisdom and integrity that radiates from him is incredible. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

It’s a shame. He always seems like a decent man and very knowledgeable

1 Like

I heard about this yesterday and it broke my heart. Genuine guy, hard worker and a great teacher. Always love seeing his sons yo-yo tricks in some of his videos. Great family man putting his boy out there to show his talents. Praying for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Yeah, saw the news about John earlier. Bummer,… I know he has a medical history, but I’m sure this is going to go down a certain road among the different online forums and venues.

S

From what I’ve read, John is doing much better. I’m glad he is now living a very healthy lifestyle and encourages everyone else, from bodybuilder to weekend warrior, in doing the same.

It is worth noting that both of his parents apparently suffered heart attacks in their 30s. I am sure BBing was not the best for heart health, but John seems to be about as careful as anyone out there (that is a IFBB pro).

lol,… I like John, he always seemed a down to earth guy, but at his age, with a wife and kids, competing since his teen years, and still pushing the envelope to come in contest ready again and again,… all the organic, grass fed beef in the world isn’t going to protect you from all the “other stuff”.

Hope he comes out of this okay.

S

3 Likes

He claims HRT only now. Not sure if that is true. I am a believer in being able to be pretty big on generous HRT (I am guessing he is on GH and Test at above the lab ranges) if your size was built with anabolics previously.

John probably needs to lose 30 lbs of body weight if he wants to lower his risks substantially. Body weight I believe is a big part of the heart strain. Combine with AAS, and genetic disposition, and it is likely not a good outcome. I wish him the best.

1 Like

Agreed.

It’s amazing the mental gymnastics we can do to justify actions we know that will most likely be detrimental. I can understand a young guy thinking this way (we all have), but with time comes wisdom…hopefully.

1 Like

I never really quite understand the critique with John, and perhaps I don’t know the full story. Isn’t it typically considered prudent to take whatever precautions possible when engaging in risky behavior? Like wearing a seat belt in a high speed vehicle?

I figure paying careful attention to your diet is the right idea if you are playing games with your health with anabolics. Wouldn’t being non-attentive while running gear be even worse? Or is there something I am missing?

1 Like

I believe John was careful in recent years, but the toll those real competing years take on you is pretty brutal. But he has had some real bad hospitalizations in the past anyway…I believe from diverticulitis, can’t remember exactly.

Those things are good ideas. Does not mean majority of people do them. In PLing, I am aquainted with individuals that take astonishing amount of PEDs, eat terrible, never get blood work, rarely go to the Dr, don’t do cardio… Sometimes simple things are not easy, and doing them still is admirable.