John McCain

I predict a McCain - Jeb Bush ticket in 2008 if Iraq and the economy stay on their current trajectories.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
I predict a McCain - Jeb Bush ticket in 2008 if Iraq and the economy stay on their current trajectories.[/quote]

Not to hijack this thread but what do people think will be both tickets and who would they like to see. For example
Expect to see:
Giuliani / Rice vs. Clinton H. / Dean (? I am not sure on the VP ticket)
Want to see:
Giuliani / Romney (Maybe Romney / Rice) vs. Clinton H. / Sharpton

As I have predicted in the past: Hillary will be the democratic nominee, but only after a bloody fight which will include John Kerry and many others.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
As I have predicted in the past: Hillary will be the democratic nominee, but only after a bloody fight which will include John Kerry and many others.[/quote]

Do you really think they will put Kerry back up/ he will try again? I figured that the whole elitist thing that he was labled with would make the democrates look for more of a likable middle class type.

Fo the original post:

1. I still would have voted for Bush, (2000, I would have voted for McCain)
  2. I would like to see Romney or Giuliani
  3. Zeb Miller
  4. I am a Republican and a former Democrate. I never really paid that much attention to politics until I moved to Mass, even in the military I wasn’t really too botherd. The whole Clinton affair is what made me start to pay attention and then moving here fed my interests.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
tucker:

I agree with you that a leader needs to evaluate both sides of the equation.

I think President Bush does this and also has personal conviction which drives his agenda. This also drives the left crazy.

If you look at some of the things which McCain has stood for it seems that he is no better than the typical politician.

Campaign finance reform for example is a joke! It allowed extemporaneous groups to form under the new law. Groups such as the “Swift boat veterans for truth.” and other fringe groups such as “moveon.org” that cannot separate fiction from reality. All brought to you by John McCain and campaign finance reform. He was simply pandering to the voters who clamored for change.

No, McCain is no better than the others. Perhaps worse as he attempts to fool people into thinking he is somehow different. [/quote]

Zeb -
Thanks for the reply.

The details such as the campaign finance reforms are the things that I am still very much ignorant to with regards to politics.

Tucker

[quote]wtagye wrote:
ZEB wrote:
As I have predicted in the past: Hillary will be the democratic nominee, but only after a bloody fight which will include John Kerry and many others.

Do you really think they will put Kerry back up/ he will try again? I figured that the whole elitist thing that he was labled with would make the democrates look for more of a likable middle class type.

Fo the original post:

1. I still would have voted for Bush, (2000, I would have voted for McCain)
  2. I would like to see Romney or Giuliani
  3. Zeb Miller
  4. I am a Republican and a former Democrate. I never really paid that much attention to politics until I moved to Mass, even in the military I wasn’t really too botherd. The whole Clinton affair is what made me start to pay attention and then moving here fed my interests.
    [/quote]

The democrats will not put up a “centrist.” They can’t! They have lost their sould to the far left (at least that’s how it looks right now).

They might put up a make believe centrist: Hillary Clinton

[quote]ZEB wrote:
ScottL wrote:
McCain is cosponsor of the bill to ban DHEA.

Zell Miller–not many politicians have balls anymore. Lord knows many of the republicans have. (not that I like the looney left).

LOL “The looney left.” You mean the Chairman of the democratic party bothers you?

[/quote]

1. Nah. I’m with y’all from the other thread that want to see Dean made permanent chairmen of the democrat party.

2. Zeb,

Agreed about Hillary (the body count should be interesting).

But who do see see for the repubicans…both who would you wish, and who do you think can beat Hillary?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
wtagye wrote:
ZEB wrote:
The democrats will not put up a “centrist.” They can’t! They have lost their sould to the far left (at least that’s how it looks right now).

They might put up a make believe centrist: Hillary Clinton

[/quote]
See that it what I worry about with Hillary. She is like some wolf in sheep’s clothing. Very scary stuff.

FYI - It is ‘Zell Miller’ not Zeb.

The far left controls the Democratic party?

That is news to everyone.

The right wingnuts are running the show at the GOP and that is why opinion polls are hatin’.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:

The right wingnuts are running the show at the GOP and that is why opinion polls are hatin’.[/quote]

Is that news to you? Well where have you been?

1. Dean as Chairman

2. Hillary leading contender for the nomination

3. Left wing loonys doing the talk show circut speaking for the dems.

…come on…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:

The right wingnuts are running the show at the GOP and that is why opinion polls are hatin’.

1. Dean as Chairman

…come on…
[/quote]

Hows the food over at the RNC or the Hertige Foundation…

ROTFLMFAO!

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:

1. Dean as Chairman

…come on…

Hows the food over at the RNC or the Hertige Foundation…

ROTFLMFAO![/quote]

It’s pretty good!

How’s the Koolaide the DNC is pumping down your throat?

Is there even a centrist democrat with power to be put up for election?

I would say that Kerry is more centrist than Hillary. And I see the 2 of them battling it out to the death for the nomination.

Kerry/Clinton ticket? If they can manage to not drag one another to far into the mud during nomination phase.
Also as a surprise in waiting, Sen. Feingold from the great state of WI. One of only 2 to vote against the Patriot Act. This is a good guy, but unfortunately would get very little national backing. They have to figure out a way to carry the South. I don’t see how they can with who is available.

Right now I’m not too high on any Republican candidate, so it will be interesting to see who takes the lead in the next 2 years. I will never vote for McCain.

2012–C. Rice v H. Clinton

[quote]loconnor29 wrote:
Indulge my curiosity for a moment. Given the strong and diverse political views on the political forums, I’d be interested to see what the response would be to the following questions:

1. If, in the 2004 election, it had been a choice between Bush, Kerry and McCain, who would you have voted for?

Bush

1. Would you like to see John McCain win the Republican nomination in 2008? If not, who would you rather see win it?

No has been in Wasington too long

1. If John McCain ran in 2008, which Democrat, if any, would you vote for ahead of him?

Probably no

If possible, could you express your party affilitations or political inclinations when you express your views.

Libritarian mostly with a healthy green steak

I know 2008 is a long way off and a lot could happen and you dont know exactly what McCain’s platform would have been in 2004. I’m just keen to see what kind of attitude you guys have to McCain.

Cheers.

Liam[/quote]