John Edwards Trial

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
Let’s not forget NJ’s former criminal governor Jon Corslime, er Corzine. He had an affair with the head of a big union, of all things. Broke up his 33 year old marriage. Gov. Chris Christie is STILL undoing the policy damage. Then he goes on to plead the 5th to Congress as the former CEO of MF Global — that accidentally lost/misplaced a couple billion last year. WTF?

All I know is if they cheat in their marriage, they will cheat the taxpayer/public. I would never vote for a cheater. Question is…why do they get ANY votes?[/quote]

Because the main stream liberal media convinced people that sex doesn’t count. And that a “personal” decision to cheat on your spouse has nothing to do with your professional agenda. In short, they convinced people that character doesn’t matter.
[/quote]

Conscientiousness, integrety, & loyalty are the characteristics we should be exaimining. The sexual behavior of the individual may or may not cast a negative shadow over their integrity. Cheating on your spouse violates all three characteristics! John Edwards is certainly ‘ethiclly challanged’, however I am undecided if I want tax dollars being spent on cases like this. [/quote]

Personally, I’d like to out every stinking one of these cheaters who pass themselves off as men of high character.

They basically scum bag liars. And they want to lead us?

LOL[/quote]

We agree on something today.
[/quote]

I don’t know much about Scottish politicians are they of this quality as well?[/quote]

Scottish, English, British - Like you wouldn’t believe. Up to their eyes in corruption and affairs and lying the whole time[/quote]

Well, it’s nice to know that things are the same wherever you go.

I personally think that this is the wrong way to judge Politicians . I think they should be judged for corruptions not getting laid or any other sexual encounters unless deviant

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I personally think that this is the wrong way to judge Politicians . I think they should be judged for corruptions not getting laid or any other sexual encounters unless deviant [/quote]

And when mister politician breaks that most sacred vow to be faithful to his wife, what can we expect him to do to us?

Not only does character matter it’s the most important trait in any leader.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I personally think that this is the wrong way to judge Politicians . I think they should be judged for corruptions not getting laid or any other sexual encounters unless deviant [/quote]

And when mister politician breaks that most sacred vow to be faithful to his wife, what can we expect him to do to us?

Not only does character matter it’s the most important trait in any leader.[/quote]

That is between he and his wife

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Not only does character matter it’s the most important trait in any leader.[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously, but it’s also far more than that. It is a serious character flaw. Why do we want to hire people to run this great country who such obvious flaws…especially when there are others to choose from?

It’s interesting how as we’ve dropped our standards we’ve also elected those who don’t even respect the institution of marriage.

We lament the fact that we don’t have good enough leaders, yet they reflect our own values.

Does this tell us all something?

Well, I just worked out and thought it would be timely to pop into this thread now, so I can then go wash it off in the shower. I really don’t get people’s tolerance for this behavior. I really don’t. The only possible defense I can come up with is they don’t understand the sheer destructiveness of it all.

Consider this…you’re busy living life with your spouse and kids and one day, life as you know it ends because your loving SPOUSE is GONE. Might as well have been in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Sometimes the spouse really IS gone, sometimes mostly gone, sometimes gone one day back the next. The resulting trauma is not due to some terrorist. In many ways, it’s worse. The trauma is due to the very person who promised love and faithfulness. The trauma is also due to some dip-shit who is OK with fooling around with a married person. For anyone who has seen this play out up close, you can see that this cruelty is about as close to evil as anyone can get.

If a politician thinks this is OK, then a little stealing here and there is nothing. If cheating is OK, then lying is OK too – that’s a given. If cheating is OK, then he’s a man without integrity and a spine. If they renege on their marriage vow so easily, what does that mean for the oath of office? So many cheaters in politics. Wouldn’t it be awesome if they all found themselves in a criminal case facing the potential of 30 years in prison like pretty johny-boy? It could be an effective deterrent and clean up our government.

Well, I just worked out and thought it would be timely to pop into this thread now, so I can then go wash it off in the shower. I really don’t get people’s tolerance for this behavior. I really don’t. The only possible defense I can come up with is they don’t understand the sheer destructiveness of it all.

Consider this…you’re busy living life with your spouse and kids and one day, life as you know it ends because your loving SPOUSE is GONE. Might as well have been in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Sometimes the spouse really IS gone, sometimes mostly gone, sometimes gone one day back the next. The resulting trauma is not due to some terrorist. In many ways, it’s worse. The trauma is due to the very person who promised love and faithfulness. The trauma is also due to some dip-shit who is OK with fooling around with a married person. For anyone who has seen this play out up close, you can see that this cruelty is about as close to evil as anyone can get.

If a politician thinks this is OK, then a little stealing here and there is nothing. If cheating is OK, then lying is OK too – that’s a given. If cheating is OK, then he’s a man without integrity and a spine. If they renege on their marriage vow so easily, what does that mean for the oath of office? So many cheaters in politics. Wouldn’t it be awesome if they all found themselves in a criminal case facing the potential of 30 years in prison like pretty johny-boy? It could be an effective deterrent and clean up our government. [/quote]

Dun get married then if people are that co-dependent its sad.

Right. If only everyone would be a rock, an island.
Then all this lying, cheating and stealing would never bother anyone!

If a politician thinks this is OK, then a little stealing here and there is nothing. If cheating is OK, then lying is OK too – that’s a given. If cheating is OK, then he’s a man without integrity and a spine. If they renege on their marriage vow so easily, what does that mean for the oath of office? So many cheaters in politics. Wouldn’t it be awesome if they all found themselves in a criminal case facing the potential of 30 years in prison like pretty johny-boy? It could be an effective deterrent and clean up our government. [/quote]

As bad as this kind of behavior is, if they all found themselves facing charges based on twisting laws around in ways that would set precedents that could later be used to wreak havoc on people who are politically out-of-favor, that could be an effective way to introduce a really solid tyranny.

If we could have straightforward laws against adultery and nail them on those, that would be fine.

Or if people would vote them out of office, that wouldn’t be half bad, either.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[/quote]

Obviously, but it’s also far more than that. It is a serious character flaw. Why do we want to hire people to run this great country who such obvious flaws…especially when there are others to choose from?

It’s interesting how as we’ve dropped our standards we’ve also elected those who don’t even respect the institution of marriage.

We lament the fact that we don’t have good enough leaders, yet they reflect our own values.

Does this tell us all something?

[/quote]

People say what they know others want to hear. Take for example in the UK. The government is trying to reduce the deficit (poorly) and the opposition are saying that we should spend more Keynsian style (despite the fact that the opposition, labour, who were in power in the good years, didn’t follow Keynesian doctrine and keep a surplus in times of good but simply spent more and exaggerated the deficit). Tough decisions can’t be made. Blargh.