John Cena's Workout Routine

Actually Cena travels with a Foreman and lives on chix breasts, 400g of protein a day.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Charles Staley wrote:
Amazing what can be accomplished on a bad program (if this is indeed accurate) when you’ve got great genetics!

This isnt a knock or being sarcastic or anything like that, Charles.

How would you train someone who literally travels (flying and driving) 300+ days a year, who gets minimal sleep, has appearances every few days, has to have his body in the most asthetic state imaginable and also be able to take an immense pounding 3 days minimum out of the week and has no time to prepare meals or carry prepared meals?[/quote]

Not saying that anything is wrong, but is that workout from the M&F issue he was in? I saw it laying on a table at the station I work at, so I might read it for schitzngiggles. But as I was gonna say, M&F has some interesting workouts that they slap celebrities onto. For example, UFC fighters’ workouts they had in there at one time.

But without saying, many of the WWE fellas do have a background in lifting heavy be it for football or other physical performances they were once a part of in their past. Now it’s just image maintenance…so like was mentioned in CT’s article last week, there are parameters ideal for aesthetics…lighter weight and high reps appear to be a part of that. Just enough to keep the image. Other than that they practice their maneuvers. Aesthetics…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Roland Fisher wrote:
sigvarth wrote:
lifetime drug free my ass

You don’t think this is attainable drug free?

What is attainable and what he has done are possiby two different things.

With the travel requirements, getting beat up in the ring and the less than stellar diet he is forced to eat I suspect he is not drug free.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.

I think what people sometimes fail to think about is that not every steroid user looks like an Olympia competitor. The buzz in Major League Baseball over the last year or so that the guys who were truly abusing AAS were not the home run sluggers as much as a lot of the pitchers, especially relievers. It was more about the ability to recover when you are pitching every other night, traveling half the year, etc.

[quote]stewy37 wrote:
Cena did say that he used to lift heavy, so that and his genes are probably what contributed to the majority of his mass. [/quote]

Exactly. All these people have, generally, built a solid base with lifting heavy in the past.

A person’s current program is generally not always the one that made them who they are today. He might be aiming for maintaining his physique where it may have been attained by other training methods.

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
Hi People

Some people might be interested, some not but i thought id post john cena’s workout program.
He is the star of the movie “THE MARINE”
John has been a bodybuilder ever since he was 14 years old and even competed in a few bodybuilding contests.
He has said many times that he never has taken steroids.

EXERCISE: SETS: REPS
DAY 1 legs & calves:

Seated calf raises 10 x 20-10
standing weightless calf raises 4 x 25
standing single-leg curls 4 x 20-25
leg presses 5 x 20
leg ext 4 x 15
squats 4 x 10
hack squats 3 x 15
supersetted with:
single-leg ext 3 x 10

DAY 2 chest

incline machine press 5 x 20
incline barbell press 5 x 20
machine flies 3 x 15
cable flies 3 x 15
bench 3 x 10

DAY 3: Arms

preacher curls 5 x 12
standing BB curl 3 x 10-12
seated DB curl 3 x 10-12
standing cable curl 3-4 x 12
rope pressdowns 3 x 20
supersetted with:
single-arm cable pressdowns 3 x 10
lying tricep ext 6 x failure
overhead cambered ext 3 x 20
seated BB ext 3 x 20
dips 4 x failure

DAY 4: Shoulders

rear delt machine flies 5 x 20
machine overhead press 5 x 20
machine side laterals 5 x 20
seated military 3 x 10
DB laterals 3 x 12
standing BB press 3 x 10

DAY 5: Back

Lat pulldowns 5 x 20
bent BB rows 5 x 12-20
1-arm DB rows 5 x 12-20
Deadlifts 4 x 8-15
high rows 4 x 20
pullups 4 x failure
shrugs 5 x 20

note: Cena does 1 set of 60 crunches for abs at the end of each workout

As with a lot of wrestlers he does not lift heavy weights.These wwe boys have some of the best body’s on the planet and hardly any of them lift heavy?

Peace

King of Kings[/quote]

if u have ne thing like this 4 batistas workout private message me.

I’m glad someone smarter than me said both it was a bad program and also questioned if it is accurate. :slight_smile: Thanks Charles!

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Amazing what can be accomplished on a bad program (if this is indeed accurate) when you’ve got great genetics!

King of Kings wrote:
Hi People

Some people might be interested, some not but i thought id post john cena’s workout program.
He is the star of the movie “THE MARINE”
John has been a bodybuilder ever since he was 14 years old and even competed in a few bodybuilding contests.
He has said many times that he never has taken steroids.

EXERCISE: SETS: REPS
DAY 1 legs & calves:

Seated calf raises 10 x 20-10
standing weightless calf raises 4 x 25
standing single-leg curls 4 x 20-25
leg presses 5 x 20
leg ext 4 x 15
squats 4 x 10
hack squats 3 x 15
supersetted with:
single-leg ext 3 x 10

DAY 2 chest

incline machine press 5 x 20
incline barbell press 5 x 20
machine flies 3 x 15
cable flies 3 x 15
bench 3 x 10

DAY 3: Arms

preacher curls 5 x 12
standing BB curl 3 x 10-12
seated DB curl 3 x 10-12
standing cable curl 3-4 x 12
rope pressdowns 3 x 20
supersetted with:
single-arm cable pressdowns 3 x 10
lying tricep ext 6 x failure
overhead cambered ext 3 x 20
seated BB ext 3 x 20
dips 4 x failure

DAY 4: Shoulders

rear delt machine flies 5 x 20
machine overhead press 5 x 20
machine side laterals 5 x 20
seated military 3 x 10
DB laterals 3 x 12
standing BB press 3 x 10

DAY 5: Back

Lat pulldowns 5 x 20
bent BB rows 5 x 12-20
1-arm DB rows 5 x 12-20
Deadlifts 4 x 8-15
high rows 4 x 20
pullups 4 x failure
shrugs 5 x 20

note: Cena does 1 set of 60 crunches for abs at the end of each workout

As with a lot of wrestlers he does not lift heavy weights.These wwe boys have some of the best body’s on the planet and hardly any of them lift heavy?

Peace

King of Kings

[/quote]

Exactly. Although I think his “routine” sucks if he does it with very little rest that is a lot of work in one hour and would keep anyone pretty lean. Also, I’m sure that the practices for the shows are an ass kicker too. I have known a lot of athletes that ate like shit and looked great. Certainly a lot of basketball players. His size is certainly not huge but he is in great condition. [quote]dre wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
sigvarth wrote:

Cena isnt 275 pounds at 3% body fat, he’s probably a solid 220 or so… Which is readily attainable by anyone training for as long as he has been.

Agreed, he’s not a mass monster or anything. I can’t stand it when people automatically yell “he’s on roids!” Maybe he trains his ass off. Maybe he has an impeccable diet. Maybe he has great genetics. Maybe he has or does all of the above. But just because he has a build that some would envy, doesn’t mean he got that way using drugs.

It’s called hard work a dedication. Something a lot of people don’t have.[/quote]

[quote]Roland Fisher wrote:
sigvarth wrote:

You don’t think this is attainable drug free?[/quote]

Look at his nipples dude. Drug free my crack.