John Broz Method Max Squats Everyday

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
Why are some people on this site so fucking fixated on doing programs with names like Madcow,broz, doggcrap,sheiko, smolov, jerkov and all the rest of the fucking russians haha… are you lacking any imagination that you can’t figure out what works for you and do that? [/quote]

Because without them everybody would have an arms day.[/quote]

4 arms days, and 1 leg day on the day your most likely to not go to the gym like Friday night.[/quote]

And on the rare occasion of showing up on that leg day, it consists of 5x20 calf raises and 5x20 leg extensions. While you’re there might as well do some more arms.
[/quote]

pretty sure this has nothing to do with anything, but I just wanted to use it.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
Why are some people on this site so fucking fixated on doing programs with names like Madcow,broz, doggcrap,sheiko, smolov, jerkov and all the rest of the fucking russians haha… are you lacking any imagination that you can’t figure out what works for you and do that? [/quote]

There are all these programs because everything works.The problem is, nothing works for ever. Even the shittiest program, you can get 3-6 week of improvement out of.

So, some asshole makes this stuff up, decides it is the best program ever after 6 weeks, and gives it a stupid Russian name. Then novice lifters with the attention span of a goldfish eat it up, run it into the ground, then jump on something else. I am not knocking the lifters that try these programs out, I did a bunch of stupid shit when I first started training for strength as well. Just use some common sense.

If you see a program that looks like one you’ve already done but is a little bit different; it’s the same fucking thing. For example, the base cycle on Dick Bob’s 7x7 (you already did that and felt like shit all the time and got weaker) but, Lift Everyday Guy’s 7x8 program seems just different enough to be the magical combination for strength and maximal chick slaying. Well, it won’t be.

Here is how you can tell if a program is worth doing. Read the program in it’s entirety, read and research the means and methods into how the program came to be, and find people who have used the program with success. Once you have learned everything about it, the final question you need to ask yourself is “Is this something I can do for the next twenty years straight?” Because that is the measure of a good training regime. Something you can stick with and make progress on for the rest of your natural life.[/quote]

Nope, the 7x8 gives you 7 more total reps therefore is scientifically proven to be a superior program

MY TWO CENTS:

high frequency works, if you program it well.

not all movements/bodyparts will respond to hft.

in my experience, my squat and leg size has always went up(this a raw moderate stance DEEP squat, not a wide stance parallel squat, that is a different animal) when i did olympic weightlifting specific programs which had me squatting 4-6 times a week.

my c&j and snatch benefited too.

my point is that IMHO the human body was built to squat, LOTS. as far a “everybody is different” bullshit, no, everybody is NOT so different. we as humans share 99.999999% of the same dna. our bodies respond to stimulus the same as everybody else. you are NOT special.

remember, the C&J and snatch are 70-80% leg driven, so, there you have it, the human legs were built to handle lots and lots of work.

I do NOT think this approach works as well with strict upper body pressing and pulling.

hft is the way to go if you are an OLer, tons of squatting is basically GPP for your sport, and the OLs are very very technically complex, it takes thousands upon thousands of perfect form lifts to be able to perform at a high level in competition.

again, this is just my opinion, a guy who has tried and trained just about every type of routine out there, and had a modicum of success at a variety of strength sports.