T Nation

John Berardi...Another Testosterone Quesion

John, I really liked your advice on alcohol and T. I have a similar question pertaining to this subject. I currently live with roomates who smoke pot and sometimes I breathe this stuff. I’m hating it very much, and I plan to leave soon because of it. Anyway, I was wondering how ingesting second hand pot can effect my T levels, and if so, is there anything I can do to bring it back up? Do you think this is a valid excuse to get my T levels tested? Thanks. I really appreciate the hard work you put into answering people’s questions concerning this subject matter.

Sorry about your roomate situation. As far as pot and T, the data is mixed. Some studies show no decrease while others do show a decrease. I’m not certain about this. But I am pretty sure that pot increases estrogens. Bad news, huh? Seems like we can’t win…no recreational drugs, no drinking. Damn! :slight_smile:

Anyway, I dont think that “second hand” smoke would do all that much in the endocrine dept but again, no pot smoke would be best. Especially when you dont want to smell it in the first place!