John Berardi and GSP

Recently at the Gatorade G-Series launch I bumped into John Berardi who is currently working with the GSP camp.

I asked him about what he has been doing with Georges; he said that he on about 15lbs of muscle while dropping fat just by making some changes in Georges diet. GSP’s body fat rang in at 7%.

Berardi said his job now is focused on after the weight cut and choosing the right method to rehydrate Georges.

What a pleasure to meet them both!

sick!

[quote]so_caught_up wrote:
…Berardi said his job now is focused on after the weight cut and choosing the right method to rehydrate Georges. [/quote]

Did he reveal any specifics about either the cut or the rehydration technique(s)?

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:

…Berardi said his job now is focused on after the weight cut and choosing the right method to rehydrate Georges. [/quote]

Did he reveal any specifics about either the cut or the rehydration technique(s)?
[/quote]
Second this question

[quote]Temor wrote:

[/quote]
Second this question[/quote]

I seem to remember that GSP was one of the few guys who walked around at his fighting weight, so if he’s doing the typical drain to cut weight now, that’s interesting…

[quote]samdan wrote:

[quote]Temor wrote:

[/quote]
Second this question[/quote]

I seem to remember that GSP was one of the few guys who walked around at his fighting weight, so if he’s doing the typical drain to cut weight now, that’s interesting…[/quote]
Berardi talked quite a bit about what he’s doing with GSP in his Sucker Punch article:
http://www.T-Nation.com/testosterone-magazine-629#sucker-punch-dr-john-Berardi

GSP’s diet revamp, his cutting strategy (no specifics, obviously), and it mentions that St. Pierre’s now walking around 195 instead of his usual 185-ish.

That’s pretty much what he told me :slight_smile:

I did a seminar with GSP a while ago and he talked (broadly) about cutting weight: Given that 1g of carbs will hold 1g of water and sodium will hold about 3g of water, he cuts both leading up…“A lot of chicken and salads” I think he said. He used the second Matt Hughes fight as the example, that he started the cut three days out at 194, weighed in at 170 and was back up to 194 for the fight. If memory serves…

194 down to 170 in 3 days sounds like a lot of weight in such little time. I don’t doubt it, just seems like a lot. Wow!