John Basedow - Worthless Rant

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

If you’re gonna boast numbers such as these, then maybe you need to put some fake profile pictures up. You know, some pictures of some dude that actually looks like he lifts weights.

[/quote]

I agree that John Basedow is a douche, but NewDamage hit the nail on the head.

You are overweight, very little muscle structure, and obviously full of shit about your lifts.

Maybe you should learn how to eat properly and run around for more time than it takes you to grab a bag of Cheetos out of the cupboard.

Videos please.

Basedow looks like crap with his shirt on and he looks weird with his shirt off. His products are useless and he deserves to be knocked.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Basedow looks like crap with his shirt on and he looks weird with his shirt off. His products are useless and he deserves to be knocked.

[/quote]

If his goal is being good looking, he failed. If his goal was to make a bazillion dollars while the rest of us punch a clock. He succeeded.

[quote]yogaroots wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

If his goal is being good looking, he failed. If his goal was to make a bazillion dollars while the rest of us punch a clock. He succeeded.[/quote]

He may have some lagging body parts, but his physique is probably better than 98% of the people that post on this site

It doesnt look like your lovehandles could walk that sort of weight out of the rack.

At least John Basedow has found a way to make money off of being full of shit, whereas youre just really really bad at it.

By the way, are you fucking dumb enough to think that marathon runners arent skinny because they run marathons? I have yet to see a fat person who could run 26+ miles at a given time. I know of one person who is even remotely muscular who runs distances and he is a freak. The rest of them are skinny because that is what their sport demands and that is what their sport facilitates.

I guess things make more sense though when I think about that and remember that you just tried to sell us a 515x5 squat at a skinny fat 200 lbs.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
It doesnt look like your lovehandles could walk that sort of weight out of the rack.

At least John Basedow has found a way to make money off of being full of shit, whereas youre just really really bad at it.

By the way, are you fucking dumb enough to think that marathon runners arent skinny because they run marathons? I have yet to see a fat person who could run 26+ miles at a given time. I know of one person who is even remotely muscular who runs distances and he is a freak. The rest of them are skinny because that is what their sport demands and that is what their sport facilitates.

I guess things make more sense though when I think about that and remember that you just tried to sell us a 515x5 squat at a skinny fat 200 lbs.[/quote]

Pure Gold.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
yogaroots wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

If his goal is being good looking, he failed. If his goal was to make a bazillion dollars while the rest of us punch a clock. He succeeded.

He may have some lagging body parts, but his physique is probably better than 98% of the people that post on this site[/quote]

Hell, while he is annoying, he IS promoting fitness to some degree. And his physique is better than mine, although he’s a lil guy. I say keep doing whatever it is you are doing and leave him be. If you feel you can do better, then get off the couch and do so. And post pics of yourself as well. Your numbers aren’t too impressive, as I have a game right leg and still put up bigger numbers than that. All in all, I agree with jehova’s assessment.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
yogaroots wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

He may have some lagging body parts, but his physique is probably better than 98% of the people that post on this site[/quote]

I don’t think so. Look at the size of his neck! He looks sickly. His photoshopped publicity shots are not his real physique!

Thats exactly what I said in terms of running. That if you put the same work in of a marathon runner you would eventually look like a marathon runner. My point was if you want to get SIMPLE thats all you need.

Now the fun part!

My “fake” lifts, Im glad that they are good enough to be called fake, let’s me know that I was doing well.

The time of these lifts I was around 280 lbs. SO congratulations you are completely aware that I am cutting down from that size!

The shirt there is from my powerlifting team/football team. Thats a 455 lb squat for 6 reps and a 315 lb bench for a 770 total. I was also 16 years old(a month from my 17th birthday) I would rummage through my laundry and closet looking for my 800 club shirt but If it comes to it I can always go find it

While your right the fact that I am down 70 lbs from that small and weak looking. At 6-1 205 right now, no person stands next to me and says Im small.

Thank You though for taking a disliking for someone, and an admitted worthless rant, and turning it into a whos dick is bigger competition.

So before you grace me with knowledge that I have no idea what I am talking about. AGAIN! Don’t judge me by what YOU can do. Judge me from my past results. One time 51" waist now is 40 3/4. Great? No but I have lost over 10 inches from there. My past numbers speak for themselves. Whether you are willing to accept it or not.

Stronghold since you also couldn’t understand me the first time, I will be glad to dumb down my point in the future.

Running marathons = skinny

I’m going to get a shirt that says “I Fucked Carmen Electra and Jessica Biel at the Same Time Club.”

I’m wearing the shirt. It HAS to be true.

-dizzle

Yeah your right, I went out and bought the shirt just now when I read everyones post and took a picture with it.

WOW, when people just don’t want to believe something they will go too ANY lengths to protect their ignorance.

Standing next to you, I would call you skinny as I am about 10 lbs lighter than you and 6 inches shorter with considerably less bodyfat.

BTW, what kind of strength organization does totals by reps?

This isnt a “whos dick is bigger” thread, this is a “youre a dick” thread.

I became a dick, when people started attacking me and not my post.

When everyone decided to make it personal, I am always more than willing to sink to everyones level.

It was my High School bro, its what My coach decided he wanted us to train for. Is it a sanctioned powerlifting competition, no it’s not, it is what it is.

Off-season for any kid who wanted to lift (football mandatory) the coach would have everyone progressing for an “Iron Man” competiton.

Their were more events than even just these lifts, but this is what I was trained to do.

I am glad that you are achieving what your looking for. I wouldn’t judge how strong you are by a picture. Piras Dymas doesn’t look like the strongest pound for pound olympic lifter ever.

[quote]woohitter wrote:
Dizzle, I would almost be offended if you didn’t look like a unibomber/rapist/cereal killer. Luckily you do look like all three and I can feel just fine about everything I have said. [/quote]

Well it’s a good thing that I actually am a unibomber rapist and serial killer. phew

[quote]
To say that I am an idiot is wonderful, because honestly your right, to get insanely skinny with a lack of muscle running long distances would be completely unproductive. I mean how many skinny marathon runners do you see in the world truthfully? Also, restricting calories and doing that same work would undoubtably lead to increased fat gain. Idiotic what was I thinking!?[/quote]

I’m not talking about marathon runners. You said, in black and white, that to look like John Basedow all you need to do is eat less and run around aimlessly for 2 hours a day. That’s not the case, and I stand by my original position that if you think that’s true, you are certainly an idiot.

[quote]
I wish that I had forseen these fallacies in my argument, especially the hater-ade I must have been drinking. Or it could just be a disdane for the facts that I laid out before. He has marketed and cashed in on telling people information that they could recieve with greater results from this website, for FREE.[/quote]

How does that make him a douche bag? How does that make him someone to hate on? How does that make him anything other than a great salesman, promoter, and marketer? He’s cashing in on a multi billion dollar industry, and if people are dumb enough to blindly follow him then more power to him. The way I see it, he’s doing a great job.

He’s also looks a certain way for a reason. He’s marketing his products to fat housewives who don’t know jack shit about training and nutrition. How many of those fat housewives do you think would buy his product if he looked like an IFBB pro? I’m not saying that he wants to look like an IFBB pro to begin with, or that he even could if he wanted to, but I’m certain that he looks the way he looks for very specific reasons.

[quote]
I also didn’t know that someone who was skinny and had muscle definition immediately became someone that we should hinge our health and exercise program on, I mean if they aren’t fat they must know worlds more than you or I right?[/quote]

Like I said, he knows more than the people he’s marketing his product towards, and in the grand scheme of things, that’s all that matters.

[quote]
I am a keyboard warrior, because obviously I have never achieved anything in my life that is worth me being able to profess any type of opinion. Or the reality could be that I most likely have achieved more in my life than you. Though I haven’t achieved “ripped” level leaness, here are some things I have done in my life
365 LB Max Bench
515 LB squat for 6 reps, at contest level depth
315 LB power clean
Recruited to play football at the Division 1 level[/quote]

Vids? Pics? Anything other than a t-shirt?

Also, you’re not a keyboard warrior because you have never achieved anything. Everyone has achieved something, especially the people on this site. You’re a keyboard warrior because you’re knocking a millionaire with a decent body while you look like total shit.

[quote]
Now as I said, just because I was able to achieve something doesn’t mean I am someone who should be listened to as a gospel on how things are done. Yet, before you are quick to pass judgement on me because I feel his whole program is a gross exploitation. Think beyond your regular scope of subjection and realize that maybe, just maybe, I have enough expieriance that Im allowed to express my displeasure with something overhyped.

Glad you never disliked something. AWESOME[/quote]

You can express your opinions/displeasures with anything you like, it’s an open forum and that’s why the forum exists to begin with. Don’t expect to make a thread where you sound like a douche bag and not expect a backlash. You obviously made this thread to gain acceptance and respect among the members of this site by bashing a dude you assumed we all communily hate. Maybe we do, maybe we don’t, but you presented a transparent and terrible argument, along with seemingly bogus lift numbers and an awful physique.

Sure I dislike certain people and things, but I don’t voice my opinions on such matters with douche-baggery and ill-presented arguments.

-dizzle

[quote]woohitter wrote:

I am glad that you are achieving what your looking for. I wouldn’t judge how strong you are by a picture. Piras Dymas doesn’t look like the strongest pound for pound olympic lifter ever.

[/quote]

Did you just compare yourself to Pyros Dimas? Really?

Youre comparing a washed up, skinny-fat, former high school athlete to one of the most genetically gifted olympic lifters in the world?

By the way, Pyros looks like he is strong. You look like you are good at throwing back natty and fishing.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
woohitter wrote:

Did you just compare yourself to Pyros Dimas? Really?

Youre comparing a washed up, skinny-fat, former high school athlete to one of the most genetically gifted olympic lifters in the world?

By the way, Pyros looks like he is strong. You look like you are good at throwing back natty and fishing.[/quote]

Pyrros Dimas is also in the um…FUCKING OLYMPIC GAMES.

-dizzle

[quote]woohitter wrote:
I became a dick, when people started attacking me and not my post.
[/quote]

You criticized someone’s physique when you have a much worse physique than his. What did you expect?

How does that make him a douche bag? How does that make him someone to hate on? How does that make him anything other than a great salesman, promoter, and marketer? He’s cashing in on a multi billion dollar industry, and if people are dumb enough to blindly follow him then more power to him. The way I see it, he’s doing a great job.

Like I said, he knows more than the people he’s marketing his product towards, and in the grand scheme of things, that’s all that matters.

Vids? Pics? Anything other than a t-shirt?

You’re a keyboard warrior because you’re knocking a millionaire with a decent body while you look like total shit.

Couple of things for me too respond too.

That was my original point to begin with, that people are blindly following him, it wasn’t just the fact that it was him. It was the fact that as you mentioned people have fallen so in love with a guy who I believe to be inferior in many ways when it comes to training philosophy.

Your right, he’s an excellent marketer and promotor of himself, and living on Long Island, I constantly see the commercials and adds and posters and appearances and the like. That is what I am sick of, and I typed the original rant while watching the 5th FMS commercial of my day (probably within an hour and a half).

My lifts, again yes, I knew in the past that I should tape myelf performing every one of my lifts because I would have too defend myself against naysayers in the future. Your right, Im completely full of shit because all of Have are some shirts and a bunch of medals and trophies.

My physique from what I was is so far from shitty that your view on life has to be skewed. I saw your previous before picture where you lacked anything. You made good progress but you never dieted down like I have. Yes I am still on my way, and most likely will be much bigger and muscular than you when I am finished.

To take the 70 plus pounds that I have lost and say I look like shit, well, what can I say? Sorry?

To me trying to achieve acceptance by the members of this forumn, I wouldn’t try and get that through the off topic section, it is where I came to rant about something off topic. When you want to talk about training and ideas and actual plausable application of training. I will be happy to convene at that forumn and have a conversation.

And no, I actually compared you to pyros dimas, and yes he looks strong, but would you imagine exactly how ungodly strong he really is if he were some construction worker?

I have 16 inch arms a 46 inch chest 26 inch thighs that if you look have about 0 fat on them.

Yet I am so skinny fat without absolutely a shred of muscle. Im so glad that I have received this crticism, it will be great fodder for when I’ve reached my goals.

Thank you.