T Nation

Joe the Plumber likes Alan Keyes

http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?mk=en-ap&g=bafd507d-1a2c-4d28-9a9b-8fc70ff6fc0c&f=1010wins&fg=email&partner=en-ap

The more I hear of this guy, the more I like him. Just a regular Joe, haha, but he has shown the ability to think for himself and knows the common sense solutions.

[quote]tedro wrote:
http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?mk=en-ap&g=bafd507d-1a2c-4d28-9a9b-8fc70ff6fc0c&f=1010wins&fg=email&partner=en-ap

The more I hear of this guy, the more I like him. Just a regular Joe, haha, but he has shown the ability to think for himself and knows the common sense solutions.[/quote]

Joe’s a fake. No real citizen ever has trouble with the IRS.

Interesting take Rainjack. I like it.

I hear this guy is going to get a book deal. True ?

[quote]therover wrote:
Interesting take Rainjack. I like it.

I hear this guy is going to get a book deal. True ?[/quote]

Did you take your name from the Zeppelin song? Just curious.

Pat…YES SIR !

By the way…Great avatar !

The Repubs, had they the balls, would have tried to promote a guy like Alan Keyes.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
The Repubs, had they the balls, would have tried to promote a guy like Alan Keyes. [/quote]

So that he could lose to Obama again?

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
The Repubs, had they the balls, would have tried to promote a guy like Alan Keyes.

So that he could lose to Obama again? [/quote]

When was the first time?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

When was the first time?[/quote]

2004 Illinois senate race.

I would vote for Alan Keyes enthusiastically. He’s been my favorite in every debate I’ve ever seen him in. There is one clear thinking principled ol boy.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I would vote for Alan Keyes enthusiastically. He’s been my favorite in every debate I’ve ever seen him in. There is one clear thinking principled ol boy.[/quote]

You will be able to write him in in Michigan. He is officially running for the newly founded American Independent Party. I don’t completely agree with his abandonment of the Republican Party, but he has the best principles of any candidate, and is the most likely to uphold the constitution.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

When was the first time?

2004 Illinois senate race.[/quote]

…When he ran at the last minute after recruited by the Illinois Republican Committee, after the republican incumbent withdrew following the discovery of a sex scandal he was in.

It should be noted when Keyes filed he was at 24% in the polls. After debating he was up to 27%. He clearly won the debate season and would have faired much better had the initial conditions been a bit different.

Not the best source, but wiki has the best summary of the race:

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
The Repubs, had they the balls, would have tried to promote a guy like Alan Keyes. [/quote]

You guys realize Keyes is a big fraud right?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

You guys realize Keyes is a big fraud right?[/quote]

Why? Because he is not “acting black” enough?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

Why? Because he is not “acting black” enough? [/quote]

What is “black enough?”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

What is “black enough?”[/quote]

Kool cigarettes?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

What is “black enough?”

Kool cigarettes?[/quote]

menthol?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

What is “black enough?”

Kool cigarettes?[/quote]

white women?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

Why? Because he is not “acting black” enough? [/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? No, mostly because of money stuff. Michael Lewis goes into it in “Losers,” good book about the 1996 primaries.