Joe Rogan Vs. Dana White

I don’t get the UFC as I have lived in China for the past two years.Is Joe Rogan seriously gonna fight or is this just a joke?

Joe Rogan was a middleweight karate Champion. Dana White was a boxercise instructor. I gotta go with Dana.

This is a joke. Rogan v Snipes, as mentioned above, is a challenge that is still up in the air.

Rogan is no joke, and unless you’ve got years of high level training and fight experience, my money is on him making you look like other shit-talkers.

Somebody did talk some shit on Rogan a while back. Check youtube and you’ll probably find the video of Rogan raping the guy.

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:
This is a joke. Rogan v Snipes, as mentioned above, is a challenge that is still up in the air.

Rogan is no joke, and unless you’ve got years of high level training and fight experience, my money is on him making you look like other shit-talkers.

Somebody did talk some shit on Rogan a while back. Check youtube and you’ll probably find the video of Rogan raping the guy.[/quote]

Are you the head of the Joe Rogan fan club???

Ya I just did an extensive search on Joe Rogan, I guess you’re right; he used to be quite the competitor, 17 years ago mind you and Tae Kwon Do which is a horrible Martial Art. I have personally fought several Tae Kwon Do practitioners in full contact and kickboxing matches and they were always the easiest beat, I have never witnessed a Tae Kwon Do practitioner win a full contact event.
But he has since studied Brazillian Ju Jitsu so he probably would be a pretty descent fighter.
I wouldn’t go toe to toe with Joe Rogan after all. I take back my comment, and give credit to JOE ROGAN: The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

joe rogan gets a boner every time he watches the iceman get in the ring

[quote]jjay wrote:
joe rogan gets a boner every time he watches the iceman get in the ring [/quote]

LOL!!!

Joe Rogan was defeted in the octagon by Andy Dick in the mid ninties.

He submitted to Dick.

Heres the link to the myspace challenger. I really wouldn’t call it a rape by any means…I was kinda hoping to see a mma style vs just grappling challenge. But Rogan does tap him out several times.

C

[quote]Creidem wrote:

[/quote]

I was going to post that. It’s hard to tell how good Rogan is because that other guy really, really blows (did he tap out to a guillotine twice?).

Granted, I saw a dude go out from a standing guillotine this weekend, but getting caught in a guillotine on the ground is generally the sign of a poor defender rather than a good attacker.

I get caught in guillotines on the ground all the time.

was the video supposed to be impressive? the other guy is smaller and obviously inexperienced. in joe’s defense, at least he took the guy on after he challenged him.

[quote]Creidem wrote:

Heres the link to the myspace challenger. I really wouldn’t call it a rape by any means…I was kinda hoping to see a mma style vs just grappling challenge. But Rogan does tap him out several times.

C[/quote]

What was the name of that song that played on the video? And also who recorded it?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Creidem wrote:

C

What was the name of that song that played on the video? And also who recorded it?

[/quote]

[quote]doogie wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Creidem wrote:

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/thetransformers/thetouch.htm[/quote]

Thanks doogie!

[quote]

Somebody did talk some shit on Rogan a while back. Check youtube and you’ll probably find the video of Rogan raping the guy.[/quote]

I just watched the video. If you call that raping than you and I have a very different version of rape. I sparred harder than that with my girlfriend when I trained in Muay Thai (seriously). What you saw there was just exercising, not fighting. Plus Rogan is way heavier than the guy giving Rogan a big advantage on the ground.

No blood. No chokes. That was nothing. I’m sure Rogan can fight seeing as he is currently practices martial arts, but I would still argue that he’s no force to be reckoned with.

Im not sure but I think Rogan was a US Open taekwondo champ, ill have to look it up, but if thats the case than he has legit skills. Taekwondo, contrary to another poster saying, is not weak in the WTF olympic format, however usually gets a bad rap because of ATA and ITF light contact stuff. WTF is full contact, and to win the US Open you need pretty decent skills. If you doubt the validity of this, look at UFC fighter David Louisseu, and K1 fighters Serkan Yilmaz and Kamal El Amrani and Lucieo Aurellio.

“That was nothing. I’m sure Rogan can fight seeing as he is currently practices martial arts, but I would still argue that he’s no force to be reckoned with.”

Who said he was? This thread is about Rogan vs a balding former boxercise instructor. Nobody said he would KO Fedor.

I actually don’t care for Rogan, finding him annoying as a commentator and comedian.

I just think people talking shit on a guy who was a national champion in sport, and trains under Eddie Bravo, are a little bit clueless.

A celebrity who has much more free time and money than you just might be training at a higher level than you. Who’da thunk it?

why dont you cry about it

[quote]666Rich wrote:
Im not sure but I think Rogan was a US Open taekwondo champ, ill have to look it up, but if thats the case than he has legit skills. Taekwondo, contrary to another poster saying, is not weak in the WTF olympic format, however usually gets a bad rap because of ATA and ITF light contact stuff. WTF is full contact, and to win the US Open you need pretty decent skills. If you doubt the validity of this, look at UFC fighter David Louisseu, and K1 fighters Serkan Yilmaz and Kamal El Amrani and Lucieo Aurellio.[/quote]

TaeKwonDo is a joke as a martial art. Full contact means no kicks to the legs, no elbows, no knees, no throws… I’m not saying all TaeKwonDo practitioners can’t fight, just most. Of course if they are at an Olympic level they must have some skills, but the fact is TaeKwonDo by itself with no other martial arts allows for very limited punching and fast but weak kicks, that’s it.
I have seen too many TaeKwonDo practitioiners get knocked out, or run out of the ring when they face a real fighter. About 8 years ago my ex-girlfriend (who trained as a Muay Thai fighter) at 16 years old fought a 32 year old 3rd degree black belt female TKD instructor in a Kickboxing match, the fight was a joke, once my girlfriend had the instructor cornered she just slaughtered her with punches. In the end the instructor said “I was too tired”.
I personally have fought several TKD practitioners and each one was easy peasy.
If you want a good stand up fighting martial art try Muay Thai, Wing Chun, or even some forms of Karate, but TKD is in my experience one of the weakest fighting arts. They allso hand out belts like they are candy. I’ve seen so many people go from white to black in under 3 years. A black belt at any martial art should be a good fighter!!! Most TKD black belts are piss poor.
I’m not saying all TKD practitioners are poor fighters, but in my experience most are.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
“That was nothing. I’m sure Rogan can fight seeing as he is currently practices martial arts, but I would still argue that he’s no force to be reckoned with.”

Who said he was? This thread is about Rogan vs a balding former boxercise instructor. Nobody said he would KO Fedor.[/quote]

Good point.