T Nation

Joe Rogan on Steroids

Joe was on “The Beatdown” which is a MMA internet radio show, and if you listen to the first 25 minutes Rogan talks about his view on Steroid use in MMA and in general. I found it pretty funny at some points, hahahaha.

He shoots it straight and true… loved it. I don’t follow mma regularly, but this really refreshed my interest. Thanks for the link.

I would love to see Joe Rogan fight Carlos Mencia :slight_smile:

When I saw the title of the thread I thought you meant that Rogan was taking steroids. That would have been much more interesting.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
When I saw the title of the thread I thought you meant that Rogan was taking steroids. That would have been much more interesting.[/quote]

I’d be shocked if Rogan has NOT tried steroids or HGH.

I know he uses a boatload of supplements and literally takes 20-30 pills with each meal. Given all the money he spends on crazy holistic crap that doesn’t work, I’m sure he has also dipped his toe in the vitamin-S pool at least once or twice.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
When I saw the title of the thread I thought you meant that Rogan was taking steroids. That would have been much more interesting.

I’d be shocked if Rogan has NOT tried steroids or HGH.

I know he uses a boatload of supplements and literally takes 20-30 pills with each meal. Given all the money he spends on crazy holistic crap that doesn’t work, I’m sure he has also dipped his toe in the vitamin-S pool at least once or twice.[/quote]

Given Joes stated love of weed, shrooms and other chemicals, it’s a short step to imagine him using steroids or anything for that matter.

I remember him being on O&A last year and saying that throughout much of Fear Factor he was “higher than giraffe pussy.” Funniest comment ever.

[quote]EQTTRDR wrote:
I would love to see Joe Rogan fight Carlos Mencia :)[/quote]

Joe would beat his ass. He trains all the time under Eddie Bravo over at Legends right by my apt. I’ve actually hung out with him few time. A couple of good friends of mine worked on some Jujitsu books at his house and at legends (http://victorybelt.com/). Funny guy. He’s probably 5’7" but built pretty solid. I watched him submit guys left and right at Legends during Eddie’s class. Yes he smokes lots of weed, but I don’t if he’s a juicer.

Funny how he complains that pot has been unfairly demonized and the turns around and demonizes test. Says it turns people into chimps.

What a stoner.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Funny how he complains that pot has been unfairly demonized and the turns around and demonizes test. Says it turns people into chimps.

What a stoner.[/quote]

he was supporting steroid use and called it an evolutionary leap.

he mentioned that when it causes people to rage and lose their minds it should be monitored and then elaborated like he does in all of his skits and commentaries.

My ex is a bartender in the vip section of Crome [here in Houston]. Rogan would come in whenever he was in town and party like a madman. I never met him, but my ex and the rest of the staff say he’s cool as shit.And he tips really well.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
[/quote]

No he didn’t! He clearly stated he was not for or against using steroids. He also clearly stated that steroids make you act like a chimp, which is nonsense.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

What a stoner.

[/quote]

He was discussing all forms of performance enhancement including genetic engineering and nanotech.

[quote]
he mentioned that when it causes people to rage and lose their minds it should be monitored and then elaborated like he does in all of his skits and commentaries. [/quote]

He complained people stereotyping about pots effects and then said test turns people into chimps.

His discussion of monitoring users was about taking blood tests to make sure that users did not exceed a certain maximum amount.

Was his discussion of pot meant to be taken seriously while his discussion of steroids were a skit?

I don’t think so.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

What a stoner.

He was discussing all forms of performance enhancement including genetic engineering and nanotech.

he mentioned that when it causes people to rage and lose their minds it should be monitored and then elaborated like he does in all of his skits and commentaries.

He complained people stereotyping about pots effects and then said test turns people into chimps.

His discussion of monitoring users was about taking blood tests to make sure that users did not exceed a certain maximum amount.

Was his discussion of pot meant to be taken seriously while his discussion of steroids were a skit?

I don’t think so. [/quote]

i may have missed part of it but from what i heard, he repeatedly stated that he is fine with people using steroids in sports. his stance was “who cares?” and he repeated that many times with many examples.

before delving in to the chimp discussion, the conversation turned to steroid side effects and overuse.

that is a whole different side of the discussion that he was addressing.