Joe Lewis Diagnosed with Brain Cancer

Hey guys and gals,

Just got the sad news that one of my heroes and coaches Joe Lewis is fighting the fight of his life against brain cancer.

There is some false/overblown information floating around the web, so I thought I would try to clear some of it up here.

Joe has had a tumor on his brain removed which he was told was cancerous. He was then told that if he refused follow-up chemo and radiation treatments that he would have 6 to 8 weeks to live. However, he is NOT refusing these treatments (on the contrary he is trying to get all the treatments he can) and therefore the doctors told him that he would have at least 13-15 months (and that’s IF he doesn’t recovery fully).

The statistics for his age bracket aren’t great for a full recovery, but Joe is probably physically closer to a 35-45 year old in terms of vitality, stamina, and general health, so we’re praying that a full recovery is exactly what happens.

Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers and wish him a fully healthy recovery.

This is sad news. Joe seems like a great person. I know this must be hard for you Sentoguy.

Very sad news indeed.

I read somewhere else that Joe was actually refusing treatment and that baffled me.

Good that you cleared that up Sento.

He have my condolences, wish him all the best and i hope he wins that battle.

I am saddened to hear this.

I am glad to hear he is going to fight it.

I hope you are doing ok with this Sentoguy.

Regards,

Robert A

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the well wishes and concern.

Sad news Sentoguy.

Best wishes to Joe.

People make astonishing recoveries all the time, especially those with the will to fight.

Thanks batman.

that’s too bad, hope he fights hard and well as he’d done in all his fights.

i saw him and superfoot wallace fight and wallace beat him soundly and he was game. this and a series of others were part of a big super fights and exibitions about 20 yrs ago or so. too bad i lost the video
tape, and as i recall lots of good stuff!