Joe Gold Rolling Over in his Grave.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Some franchise gyms suck. A lot don’t.

It’s location dependent.

[/quote]

I have to agree there. The main problem is that most gyms are ran by people who arent into serious lifting in anyway . Most of the chain gyms are being ran by " business men"
whos number one concern is the bottom line. Of course thats how it has to be to maintain ones business. But it sorta pisses on the on the type of people who help created the growth of the gym culture during the late 70’s and 80’s.

My Gold’s is mixed. We have Body Pump or jam or whatever, and now the new Cardio Box and Sculpt class but we also have competing bodybuilders so it evens out?

I was at a frozen yogurt shop when I heard these girls from Gold’s say that they earned their fro yo because they were sweating for 3 hours! They did yoga AND zumba.
Made me feel like maybe I’m working too hard for my yogurt.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
My Gold’s is mixed. We have Body Pump or jam or whatever, and now the new Cardio Box and Sculpt class but we also have competing bodybuilders so it evens out?

I was at a frozen yogurt shop when I heard these girls from Gold’s say that they earned their fro yo because they were sweating for 3 hours! They did yoga AND zumba.
Made me feel like maybe I’m working too hard for my yogurt.[/quote]

hahahaha :slight_smile:

Have you ever done a hot yoga class? I used to have a membership to a yoga studio and they would do hot yoga @95degrees… it was so hard. I thought it would be kinda weak sauce and just stretching… it was pretty rough but I liked it and got a lot more flexible… not so much anymore though

I got about 1:04 in before I had to stop it…couldn’t take anymore.

Steelyd I think we saw pics of your gym a while back…we’re all coming up there bud!

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Have you ever done a hot yoga class? I used to have a membership to a yoga studio and they would do hot yoga @95degrees… it was so hard. I thought it would be kinda weak sauce and just stretching… it was pretty rough but I liked it and got a lot more flexible… not so much anymore though[/quote]

I never did it and we don’t have hot yoga, we have “Sit your ass down in this 70 degree room and stretch”

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Have you ever done a hot yoga class? I used to have a membership to a yoga studio and they would do hot yoga @95degrees… it was so hard. I thought it would be kinda weak sauce and just stretching… it was pretty rough but I liked it and got a lot more flexible… not so much anymore though[/quote]

I never did it and we don’t have hot yoga, we have “Sit your ass down in this 70 degree room and stretch”
[/quote]

sitting and stretching? Oh you definitely earned your froyo then

Lol I’m just kidding, I never even did their yoga class. I haven’t done any of their classes.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

← Look at me. I’m probably the smallest guy on this site. But I out work most of the gigantic d-bags in my gym.[/quote]

lol @ you’re doing it wrong

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

← Look at me. I’m probably the smallest guy on this site. But I out work most of the gigantic d-bags in my gym.[/quote]

lol @ you’re doing it wrong[/quote]

Dying to know what you mean, mi capitan.

I enjoyed that first video immensely.

As for the rest of it I guess someones got to pay memberships to keep the place open… looks like golds is keeping them in the group exercise room… and thus out of my way.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

lol @ you’re doing it wrong[/quote]

lololoololol