Joe D's New Program

If you look through his logs and website, it appears the program is going to be 3x week. I’d imagine it would cost in the $30 vicinity as most e-books range in that price. If you do buy it, let us know what you think about it. I think it comes out pretty soon.

It costs way more than 30 dollars. It’s gonna be between 40-50. Come to think of it, the Combine e-book was like 35 dollars and this one is way more hyped than that one. I think it’s probably gonna be 45. A bit too expensive even if they spent 13 months testing it. I’ll probably still get it though.

It’s out today on his site and it’s $47US…

As much as I love and am inspired by the works of Defranco I just cannot bring myself to part with that amount of cash for an E book.

Pretty raging as I took a week off working out in order to soften myself up for the program.

If it was a hard copy then fair enough but $47 for an e book in this climate is taking the pish!

I bought it despite the price, actually my brother and I split it. The program is dope. It isn’t all MMA stuff that will “keep you weak”. In fact, it’s based on 2 max effort days a week, along with 1 day intending to increase your chin total.

I think the most valuable part of the book is the way in which Joe incorporates dynamic effort work into the lower body day. That was my biggest complaint about the washed up meat-head template in the first place, the lack of dynamic work.

Also, the incorporation of conditioning work is fantastic. I don’t know about you guys, but usually if I don’t have someone (or some program) explicitly stating that I need to do my conditioning, it usually doesn’t get done ha!

I think the take away message from a program like this, or WS4SB for that matter, is the philosophy of the training. Following a program to a T isn’t always the best idea, but the principles outlined should be adhered to if you want to progress. This program is based on tested and proven principles. What more could you want?

So, bottom line: good buy despite the price. Great program (Joe D always delivers), great philosophies and well written.

A big dissapoinstment for me. I know its only $17 more than I was planning on spending, but like everyone else I feel $47 is a bit excessive, especially when I can just use WS4SB for free.

I wasn’t planning on following the program to a “T” anyways, so i’ll probably just try to decipher some of the principles based on people’s posts and logs.

I bought it, gotta say I’m a bit disappointed by the fact that it’s 3 days a week. I’ve been training 4 days a week for ages and really just can’t persuade myself to go down to 3 days/w.

As money is very tight for me right now ( I was laid off ) I cannot justify spending $47 for this, even though I really want to. Ill have to wait now.

[quote]Yonatan wrote:
I bought it, gotta say I’m a bit disappointed by the fact that it’s 3 days a week. I’ve been training 4 days a week for ages and really just can’t persuade myself to go down to 3 days/w. [/quote]

Ya, i guess he was targeting individuals that were more of the “weekend warrior” that didn’t have the time/desire to train more.

If I do end up getting it though, I probably wouldn’t be following it exactly, and the first thing I would change would be to up it to 4x per week.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Yonatan wrote:
I bought it, gotta say I’m a bit disappointed by the fact that it’s 3 days a week. I’ve been training 4 days a week for ages and really just can’t persuade myself to go down to 3 days/w.

Ya, i guess he was targeting individuals that were more of the “weekend warrior” that didn’t have the time/desire to train more.

If I do end up getting it though, I probably wouldn’t be following it exactly, and the first thing I would change would be to up it to 4x per week.[/quote]

Yeah I’ll probably start it straight after christmas. I’ll still do 4 days and add a day for things I feel don’t get the attention they need in the 3 days. He does actually say in the program that you can do this.

Some of the content looks really cool and fresh but there’s some things-namely the weekly 1 mile timed run- that I shan’t be doing.

[quote]Yonatan wrote:
dankid wrote:
Yonatan wrote:

If I do end up getting it though, I probably wouldn’t be following it exactly, and the first thing I would change would be to up it to 4x per week.

Yeah I’ll probably start it straight after christmas. I’ll still do 4 days and add a day for things I feel don’t get the attention they need in the 3 days. He does actually say in the program that you can do this.

Some of the content looks really cool and fresh but there’s some things-namely the weekly 1 mile timed run- that I shan’t be doing. [/quote]

IMHO, any program is just a guide, it’s not a blueprint that needs to be followed to the 9’s. Walk into the gym one day and depending on what you’ve eaten and how much rest you’ve gotten, you just have nothing in the tank for certain exercises, sets, reps…

I did CT’s Jacked! program and didn’t quite follow it as it was laid out, as I damaged my knee early on and didn’t have enough time during the workouts for the entire length of cardio… This is an example of a program where had I followed it exactly, I would have gotten even better results than the amazing results I did get…

I’m doing a program now, where at the end of the workout, I feel I have a bit more left in me, so I target my lacking bodyparts (forearms, calves)… Even today’s chest/back routine, I felt I needed more direct stimulus in my upper chest, so I banged out 3 additional sets of incline presses…

I’m interested in this program, but I too would use the extra days for lagging bodyparts…

To those that have purchased it, how many pages is it? Apparently there is also supposed to be a diet component to it?

It does sound to me as well, that this is more geared for a weekend athlete, rather than a bodybuilder/powerlifter, but I could be wrong…

It’s 22 pages.

I train at a gym once a week and train at home 2 days a week and there are some exercises like Lat Pull Downs which I can’t do. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can substitute it with?

The cable triceps work I am just as happy to do barbell and dumbbell work to replace.

Lat pull downs-

Pull ups? or
Rack chins?

Now do I get a prize? Like, maybe a copy of the program?
Cause I can’t afford to buy it right now. Not that I really need it I suppose, ws4sb’s is work just fine for me…

rack chins or if you have somewhere you can do cable rows, you can do a 1 arm bent over lat pull type exercise.

If the E book was $30 I would have purchased it, but $47 now thanks. Im still interested but Ill wait to theres a basic template of how the program is set up and just go off that.

[quote]mch60360 wrote:
rack chins or if you have somewhere you can do cable rows, you can do a 1 arm bent over lat pull type exercise. [/quote]

I guess I’ll have to substitute them with some rowing movement even though it’s a different movement pattern and do the lat pull downs on my lower body day or something.

It’s probably just (and lets see if I’m right)
Max Effort Upper
Rep Upper
Max Effort Lower
and at the end are some metabolic finishers
Thrown in are some things like new awesome bicep building ecercises etc…

Iv heard its really just a 3 day WS4SB (ME Lower + DE Lower combined, somewhat) with some conditioning work and extra emphasis on conditioning (few complexes, pushups, chinups, timed miles)…

[quote]drewh wrote:
It’s probably just (and lets see if I’m right)
Max Effort Upper
Rep Upper
Max Effort Lower
and at the end are some metabolic finishers
Thrown in are some things like new awesome bicep building ecercises etc…[/quote]

You are correct lol.

[quote]tassietaekwon wrote:
Lat pull downs-

Pull ups? or
Rack chins?

Now do I get a prize? Like, maybe a copy of the program?
Cause I can’t afford to buy it right now. Not that I really need it I suppose, ws4sb’s is work just fine for me…[/quote]

Does he really include rack chins? just curious!