Jobs

What kind of jobs could a person get with a degree in biochemistry?

make booze

Have you got the degree yet or are you just thinking about it?

PhD will stand you in good sted to get you through life a bit easier than those without one and you can then go onto having your own lab and studying what you want.

If you want to do something like the docs here then you will probs have to do a PhD and post doc in nutritional and/or exercise bioc.

My friends went on to work for large pharmaceutical companies and it’s a pretty easy life and well paid.

What do you want to do?

Biochemist.

Whetu, we can make more than booze believe me!

Meth lab.

My daughter is hoping hers will get her into med school. I hope so too. My 401K is looking shitty so I’ll need somebody that likes me to have money when I’m old.

Move to Cuba (or Canada). Make a ton of money in a lab.

Making drugs.

Besides all the liquor and drugs shit, you can be a tech in a lab, or get a PhD and run your own lab. You can also work for major pharmaceutical companies such as Merck, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, etc. They hire biochemists and chemists all the time. Or you could do chemical testing for the EPA or some other companies.

sorry as Avoid Roids pointed out you can obviously make Meth as well. But I dont want you guys to spread yourself too thin. focus on one thing at a time, and i think beer should be everyones main focus at the moment.

yeah but beer is labour intensive and meth and other things are so easy to make with the right stuff :wink:

Don’t you just love it when someone asks a question and you offer serious advice and they don’t bother replying to their own thread.

Make this simple:
ME BIOCHEMIST, ME HELP YOU ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

Doesn’t TC have a degree in Biochemistry? Or is it Microbiology?

graduate school.