Job for College Student?

Look for an internship related to your schoolwork

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Ever considered bouncing? Depending on your area you can make a good bit of money doing it, and meet lots of women. It’s what I’ve done through college and it’s treated me pretty well.[/quote]

Way you are a huge fucker not everyone is your size you know.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]BallinBoss wrote:
What about a mover? just applied.[/quote]

This is what I did during my summer vacations. I fucking loved it. Be prepared to learn what the word “work” really means though. Also be prepared to get absolutely no respect from the full-time guys until you prove that you’re not a complete waste of air. You better have thick skin…

The best tip I can give you is this:

Don’t EVER fucking complain. Most of the guys you work with are still going to be movers 10-20 years from now. They have no options. You’re only there for a few months. Suck it up.[/quote]

This advice = spot on

Best summer jobs I’ve ever had:

caddy at the Los Altos Country Club for two summers (most of the former professional athletes who live in Santa Clara County belong to it)

pumped gas and rented out WaverRunners at a gas station for boats right on the lake at Lake Almanor. Pussy almost everyday from nubile young ladies looking for someone to give them free wake boarding lessons.

Digging ditches for a landscape company. Nothing gets you strong like digging ditches alongside a 5’5" Mexican who hates gringos. Great for the entire back as well as the forearms and grip strength.

When I was 15 I got a job at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Took the bus over the hill four days a week and worked at the ticket counter for the Giant Dipper. Boring as shit, but break time means a quick dip in the ocean and I was usually off in time for some surfing toward the tail end of high tide.

Too bad the OP could never get hired at any of these types of jobs. Besides, who the fuck looks for a summer job in the middle of June. Should have been looking back in March or April.

I worked at a restaurant all throughout college. I loved it. I worked in the kitchen making pizzas and appetizers. I got paid like $10/hour off the books back in 2000. The waitresses made a lot off tips and if you don’t have skills, even the bus boys and food runners made decent money. You’ll get to learn how to cook and hang out with hot waitresses off hours if you work at the right place. 2nd most fun job ever.

1st was pouring beers at the Meadowlands during the World Cup. I probably drank as much as I poured and got to be in the World Cup atmosphere. $6.50 an hour back in 1994. I would’ve paid them to work that job . Thank you Harry M. Stevens.

FIREWORKS

You will have a job for a good part of the summer (4th of July season) and as a bonus you will have a job when you are out of school for Christmas as well (New Years season), assuming you are in America. Oh yeah, and free fireworks.

I drive a rickshaw its pretty legit when it comes to summer jobs work thursday to saturday pull in around 300 dollars for all of 18 hours of work. Also drunk women think its the best thing ever.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Ever considered bouncing? Depending on your area you can make a good bit of money doing it, and meet lots of women. It’s what I’ve done through college and it’s treated me pretty well.[/quote]

Way you are a huge fucker not everyone is your size you know. [/quote]

haha, hey now…I started when I was barely 18. Not so huge back then :slight_smile:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

haha, hey now…I started when I was barely 18. Not so huge back then :)[/quote]
I’m on this

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

How tall were you at 18?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

How tall were you at 18? [/quote]

6’2, just like now. They actually weren’t supposed to hire anyone under 21, but the security manager said I had a “presence about me” lol, and he’d give me a shot. Obviously, I’m just awesome.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

6’2, just like now. They actually weren’t supposed to hire anyone under 21, but the security manager said I had a “presence about me” lol, and he’d give me a shot. Obviously, I’m just awesome.[/quote]
LOL yeah no shit. Any bouncers south of 6’0?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

6’2, just like now. They actually weren’t supposed to hire anyone under 21, but the security manager said I had a “presence about me” lol, and he’d give me a shot. Obviously, I’m just awesome.[/quote]
LOL yeah no shit. Any bouncers south of 6’0?[/quote]

Only the coolers.