Job At The Gym?

yeah it is unbelieveable. the training rate is not bad either…

I was thinking about getting more equipment in my basement, then doing a call to all powerlifters in the central TX area to come populate it. Then I remembered that everyone goes to the free gyms on post, where the mirrors abound and the machines are in endless supply, so I continue to go to my power rack in my basement and be a lonely lifter with my radio and my chalk. And the fucking cat that pisses on everything. I have a 5 lb weight ready to hurl in her direction. I hate that cat. The SOYG A package did not come with fellow lifters. What a ripoff. Dave Tate needs to send a Westside member with every order of SOYG.

I would say if you are already working out there, start bullshitting with the person behind the front counter. After talking to this person a few times start asking about their job, and lead that into openings that are there.

Making friends with the front counter person could be a foot in the door, although with all the people I have seen doing their homework while working the front counter, I don’t see it as being too hard to get in, depending on what you want to do.

Just make sure it doesn’t look like you are only making friends to get a job. I have gotten into quite a few discussions with the people working the front counter when I still had memberships at various clubs. Never tried to get a job though.