JMKB1's Accountability Log

Deadlifts tonight really excited about it. im gonna go 245 as many sets of three in 20 minutes. After reading Dave Tates articles Ive decided that im going on a westside template I was thinking something like

ME DAY
FLAT BENCH WORK UP TO A 1 REP MAX
INCLINE CLOSE GRIP 8X3
2BOARD CLOSE GRIP 8X3
CHIN UP 3X FAILURE
T-BAR ROWS 8X3
ROTATER CUFF WORK 3X15

DE
Pin press 50%max 8x3
incline close grip 3x10
skullcrushers 3x10
face pulls 3x10-15
chins 3xfailure
rotater work 3x15

ME
low box squat 10x2
good mornings 8x3
rack pulls 8x3
back ext 3x10
pull throughs 3x10
grip work

De
high box squats 10x2
good mornings 4x6
snatch grip deads 4x6
back ext 3x10-15
pull throughs 3x10-15
grip work

so this is my plan so far. I have 3weeks to think about while I finish up the program im on. any suggestions would be welcome. although im the only one posting on here which is ok. its mainly to keep track of myself.

tonights workout sucked
started out with twenty miles on my bike. pretty windy today. stopped at the gym on my way home.
deadlifts
bar 1x5
95 1x5
115 1x3
135 1x3
185 1x3
205 1x3
245 6x3 should have been 10-12 put was burnt from the bike ride
back extensions 5x5
after this i called it a day and finished my ride home. will get back on track tomorrow. good lifting to all

Yesterday was a much better day. Started with a twenty one mile bike ride the wind sucked though. Got to the gym it was almost empty and had a great workout.
bench 45 2x10
95 1x5
135 1x5
185 1x3
205 1x3
240 10x2
incline close grip 135 8x3 first time doing close grips on a incline kept it light
3board close grip flat bench 185 8x3
bar dips 3x10
incline dumbbell press 4x6

My triceps feel beat today the incline close grip and three boards really focused on them. Ill keep these in my program for a while I really enjoyed doing them.

I wonder if I should move high box squats to my ME day and do Low box on DE days when i start my new program in a little over two weeks.

Ive been working on staying tight and using leg drive on bench. anyone else have trouble staying tight after the first rep.

Squat day today. ill work up to 250 and do as many sets of 2 as possible in 20 min then accessory work.

box squats
45 2x10
95 1x5
135 1x3
185 1x3
205 1x3
255 8x2

hammerstrength v squat
180 5x5

leg extensions 80 3x10
leg curls 80 3x10
12 mile bike ride
felt good tonight really concentrated on keeping tight and breathing into my belt I have alot of work to do on technique

Well ive never actually tried a true max at anything. I just progressivly try and go heavier than the week before. So im going to max on the big three in 2 weeks and see where im at. I also decided to set some goals that I would like to hit by sept.

Bench 350 by sept current estimate 290
squat 405 no clue about current
deadlift 405 no clue about current
these are all raw goals only a belt.

I start my westside insired program in 3 weeks.

Iwas fired up last night to get to the gym and do my push press day. So heres how it went.
push press
45 1x10
95 1x5
115 1x5
135 1x3
165 8x2
175 1x1
185 1x1
195 1x0

lost mental focus should have tried for another single. moved to DB rows
pulled 85 off the rack walked over to a bench and went to sit the wt down and felt something pull in my rhomboids.

completely took my breath away. tried to stretch it out with little relief. remembered what i read in Dave Tates articles about pushing through injuries causing all his problems now. packed my gear and went home will take the weekend off to let things heal.

No wt training this weekend. took a 21 mile road bike ride and ten miles mountain bike ride today.

Ive taken the last six days off from the gym to let my back heal up. although I have’nt been completely stagnant. I averaged 20- 30 miles on my bike each day which strtched out my back and made it feel better. so Ive decided to finish out this week doing DE work
to let my back heal further then striaght into my westside inspired template. and hopefully set new PR on the way.

get yesterdays and todays training and DIET up… makes you accountable after all.

Keep pushing it!

Scott

Well been laying of the wts the last couple of weeks letting my back heal up. my wife and son have been really pushing on the bikes though. were doing the red river century in sept. So where all trying to get up to speed lots of hill training. road with a 130LB friend who is just a rabbit up hill.

You know what they say train with people stronger than you.