performance

Legs

BIKE WARM UP
5 min, L12, 1.47 miles

RFESS
55 x 10 ea x 3 sets

DEADLIFT
225 x 8 x 4 sets
@mortdk, you might be half right. I felt immediate discomfort in my hip and a little pain in my knee from the IT band issues.

HACK SQUAT
270 x 10 x 3 sets

LYING LEG CURL
125 x 10 x 3 sets

AB COASTER
60 x 10 x 2 sets

BASKETBALL
Crap turnout today. I played half court 3 on 3 for over 30 minutes before we finally played a game. My team won but I didn’t do much other than miss a couple shots. My knee/hip were hurting pretty bad so I didn’t try too hard.

still a decent workout minus the discomfort, hope you heal quick!!!

Man, I’ve been dealing with this hip for two years. I actually can’t even imagine being healed or healthy. I just hope for days that suck less.

Current status: tired and hungry. I’m out of calories for the day but I’m still starving. Last night’s 23 minutes of deep sleep isn’t cutting it. I’m currently in my recliner by the fire and nodding off. I have to go work at a basketball game in an hour though so no rest yet. Guess I’ll go knock out my evening 6 way raises to see if that helps.

Any rehabilitation?

Surgery, rehab, rebuilding, and back to pain and discomfort. I’ve been doing my rehab exercises again and my injured hip is stronger than the other hip. I had another MRI and everything from the surgery is fine except for a rare bone growth in the hip capsule. The doctor isn’t sure if that’s causing a problem or not.

The really painful and irritating thing as of late is my knee. I can’t put all of my weight on my bad leg going up the stairs. I think it is a problem with the IT band on the injured side. I think it’s an effect from my hip problems. I’m heading back to physical therapy next week for a fresh eval.

So this didn’t wake me up but it took care of the hunger.

Note to self - if ever hungry just do some pump work to divert blood away from the stomach.

I feel ya man! Right now my only carbs are 3/4 cup oats in the morning and 1 cup of brown rice spread over four meals. Tired and hungry bout sums it up lol.

Trying to train my brain to think that tired and hungry = progress!

I thought there was just a still shot of him dancing by himself !!

Looks like my back did after a guy walked into my barbell as I was deadlifting 140 kg. This was back when I was a young teenager. Seeing a chiro would have been the right thing to do. Instead my father pushed me against the wall until my spine became neutral again. Still have some pelvic rotation from that.

Love the tattoo. It’s a Triquetra, yes? What meaning do you ascribe to it? Holy Trinity?

Nah, he wouldn’t be so cruel as to post that as a still, there would definitely be video…

Yes holy trinity, God the father, Christ the sSon, and the Holy Spirit. God 3 in one. Saved my miserable butt from my sins and I try to give glory to him daily!

Goodbye, February. That was fast.

Woke at 223.4 lbs. That’s two days in a row. I thought yesterday was due to the poor sleep from Tuesday night but maybe not. I can’t get upset though because I was in the 227s last week. I’m still on track. I just really liked seeing 220 and 221.

I’m starving again today. I’m wondering if I’m depleted after three days of high volume training (lifting + basketball). I set my fitbit to “workout” while I play basketball and according to it, I burn a lot of calories. It doesn’t have a basketball mode.

Today is supposed to be back day. I have a partner at work so I won’t be going to the gym for lunch. I just looked at my workout and it’s like 80% cable work. I can’t really replicate that at home so I’ll probably see if my wife will let me go to the gym tonight.

Currently at the Y on the exercise bike. Two things I wanted to share.

1. People are noticing that I’ve lost weight. I’m getting comments at work. I mentioned that to my wife and added that I thought my face looked thinner. She was nice enough to tell me that my shoulders are smaller. Of all the places to be smaller - the f-ing shoulders!

2. I’ve been hungry for three days straight. I’m eating some crap pizza after this workout and I don’t care about going over my calories. I need a boost.

Welcome to the dark side. I’ve been told we also have cookies.

Why don’t you take a period of swimming or rowing with easy bodybuilding stuff and skip anything with heavy barbell work. You can up volume big time, probably accelerate cutting and get at least some rest if not healed.

With the exception of deadlifts yesterday and last week I haven’t done much barbell work since November.

I’ve done push press two or three times. I don’t really consider the high pulls to be too intense since they’re pretty light.

I thought I was taking it easy! There were a couple guys deadlifting the whole time I was lifting tonight. I was a little jealous.

Back

BIKE WARM UP
10 min Fat Loss Program, L10, 2.90 miles

PULL UPS
10,8,5-2-2

HANG SGHP
135 x 5
145 x 5 x 3 sets
165 x 5 x 2 sets

SA CABLE ROW (low pulley)
100 x 15
130 x 12
100 x 10F/10T/10B

LAT PULL DOWN
180 x 8 x 2 sets
Dropset
180-160-120-85 (weight)
6-4-10-20 (reps)
Grip failed before my lats. My forearms were on fire.

SA LATERAL CABLE CURL (350 SET)
40 x 8
30 x 11
20 x 20

REV CABLE FLY (21s)
30 x 10F/10T/10B
20 x 10F/10T/10B x 2 sets

PRECOR ADAPTIVE MOTION ELLIPTICAL
L1 for 10 minutes, 0.96 miles
This machine sucks. Level 1 had me struggling.

Just finished eating 5/8 of the cheese pizza the kids had for dinner. 1125 calories and I’m not the least bit worried about it. That puts me just a bit over 3000 for the day. I think I’ll be alright.

I went pizza tonight too. Felt like I’d earned it. Re swimming - b-ball is hard on all the joints and stuff too. Don’t think it sets back strength all that much if only for a few months.

I’m gonna live vicariously through you. Can you please describe how you felt eating it! :joy::joy::joy:

I got assaulted by the smell of pizza while I was opening my can of tuna in the break room at lunch today. I was still starving after my tuna and salad, and couldn’t get the smell out of my head. This may have contributed to me bingeing on cajun spicy peanuts in the afternoon…